Tall 1 06-Dec-23
BIGERN 07-Dec-23
Dank 07-Dec-23
nehunter 07-Dec-23
spike78 08-Dec-23
apache 08-Dec-23
Dr. Deer 08-Dec-23
06-Dec-23
Questions for you guys. I have a reveal cell cam and I seem to be getting maybe a month out of the batteries. I turned the sensitivity down on it but didn't really help. Seems like it kind of defeats the purpose of It if I gotta go in to change batteries every few weeks. Anyone use these and have similar results or any settings adjustments to help with this? Thanks

06-Dec-23
My understanding is that what really eats the batteries is the transmission event. So maybe it would help to set it to once-daily transmission of a batch of pictures, as opposed to every picture immediately, if that’s how it’s currently set.

06-Dec-23
I have the same cameras and get way more life than that!!! goes down when the temps in the 20s or below

06-Dec-23
What batteries are you using? Some of the cruddy AA’s from discount stores really stink. Get good ones - Duracell or Energizer. Or go lithium.

And the if you are having the pics sent asap to your phone, and the highest definition - that will drain them quicker.

06-Dec-23
Use lithium

06-Dec-23
lithium

06-Dec-23
I have the tactic reveal, I use their lithium battery pack. And have it transmit pix only. And transmit only one pic of the burst mode and I am getting 3+ months out of it. Recently Started using the “stats” feature on their app after tagging pix, it is really cool, tells you everything you want to know

06-Dec-23
Im using Energizer decent batteries but not lithium. The pictures transmit instantly. Besides the sensitivity to avoid unnecessary pictures I've adjusted nothing. How long do your guys cameras last.?

06-Dec-23
Lithiums are more expensive initially but will last 3X longer than Energizer Max. When you’re changing 12 batteries it gets expensive fast. The things others have mentioned are all spot on too.

07-Dec-23
Moultrie cell, about a year and a half old. Put lithiums in it August 22 and still running on those today. Test picture once a day and some requested videos. 78% battery today. How do you beat that?

07-Dec-23
Sounds like lithium batteries is a good starting point thanks.

07-Dec-23

nehunter's embedded Photo
nehunter's embedded Photo
Don't buy rechargeable lithiums, they don't last nearly as long. I buy about 150-200 Year, so I shop around. Check in Amazon, a lot of no name brands. I've tried 4 or 5 off brands and this was my favorite. Bevigor was a close second in quality and price.

Last purchase was about $1.50 each

08-Dec-23
I have a few of them and normally they last me almost a year. I just had one cam over the summer only last for 3 weeks and I noticed the signal sucked on it. Anyway I moved to closer to home and gave it another try with new batteries and it seems to be lasting long as usual.

08-Dec-23
Try to aim camera in the north or south direction. Away from Sun. Avoid golden rod or any brush that the wind might blow in front of camera. Lithiums are best especially in the cold (recent price increases makes energizers a bit expensive - I like the generic lithiums) Make SURE to get a AA battery tester, since I often experience a dead camera after a few weeks - when i check the batteries often find 1 bad battery & the rest at 100 percent. I now test batteries before they go into camera and after. You be surprised how many New batteries are defective & how many batteries are good in a dead camera

08-Dec-23
My Moultrie experience is consistent with Bigern. Batteries installed near the start of the season make it to, or nearly to the end.

• Sitka Gear