Drop Tine 10-Dec-23
JMAN 10-Dec-23
Bricklayer 10-Dec-23
RutnStrut 11-Dec-23
>>>--arrow1--> 11-Dec-23
Groundhunter 11-Dec-23
Groundhunter 11-Dec-23
09-Dec-23
My lab died in Sept. Been a tough fall. At 74 not going the puppy route. I hunt too much.

This Thursday, a pro from Tomah, has 3 yellow started labs, for me to look at. He is making the trip, to stay over nite, and let me see all dogs, under birds, in the field. 2 males, one female, all are 18 to 21 months.

Lots of birds under them. he needs to move them to hunting homes, to Serious buyers.

Looking forward to this week.

10-Dec-23
Hopefully one of them catches your eye GH our Chocolate Lab is 8 months now and the oldest is 8 years the pups nose and manners are the best I have ever had good luck

10-Dec-23
What’s the going rate for a started/seasoned dog now days? Best of luck in your choice.

10-Dec-23
I was wondering the same thing, I'm in a very similar situation looking for a started lab

10-Dec-23
My Lab was 2100.00 and was not started I like too train them myself at first I was like that’s getting expensive but what I see now well worth it the eight year old was 900.00at the time

11-Dec-23
Great way to go. I will definitely go with a started dog for my next. I love puppies as much as anyone. But I don't need the puppy cuteness to love and appreciate a dog. My boys are 2 and 7. So hopefully it'll be quite a while before I am looking.

11-Dec-23
Thats GREAT GH,,,, Hope it works out...... Post a Pic.

11-Dec-23
Thanks. I first will see 3 in the field. So far my medicals are good, but not great. I know my window of time. My Heart doctor said a new dog, is better than any prescription I could give you. My son in law, a waterfowler out of Poygan, said if things go south, your dog will be in our camp.

11-Dec-23
I trained and ran pointers for 35 years. My daughter was a great trailer. She now is married, has a 2 year old and her first lab. I have had springers, setters, GSP, and rescued a wire hair. I own one bear dog, a plott. I went to my first lab, after my last Springer died. All of them came from South Dakota. That lab became one of the best grouse dogs, I ever trained. They sleep well in the back seat, while I bowhunt, ha ha. This is my last journey, with my last dog, The script is written. Looking forward to the last journey. Might be game farms, this winter, but going to make sure, my daughter and I, have some hunts, to share and enjoy...

• Sitka Gear