Hoot 12-Jan-24
Pasquinell 12-Jan-24
Drop Tine 12-Jan-24
Grub 12-Jan-24
Drop Tine 12-Jan-24
MjF 21-Feb-24
Groundhunter 21-Feb-24
19-Dec-23
Was listening to NPR this morning. 5 wolves were released a few miles west of Denver. They have plans to release 45 more. I think we all know how this will play out.

20-Dec-23
Ya it’s going to be a shit show over there.

20-Dec-23
a mass exodus of californias finest to c olorado many ye ars ago has led to the demise of colorado ! They left for a change from california lunacy but brought all that to colorado and is destroying a once great state, look out texas and florida

20-Dec-23
Hunting opportunities and the revenue that it provided are definitely going to plummet. I spoke to a Colorado warden years ago when I was elk hunting there. He said that non-resident elk license sales single handedly funded their entire agency and even resulted in an excess that went to the general coffers (an aspect that I did not like as I want my license fees to go towards conservation).

20-Dec-23
The end numbers of wolves are support to be 45 relocated to CO. If you want to hunt elk in CO I would start doing it in the next few years. The only states out there that have good hunter/game management plans are Idaho, WY and Montana. Hopefully they don't cave to the ways of many now.

27-Dec-23
Apparently hush hush information has leaked about the 10 wolves released in Colorado, every wolf released was supposed to be young wolves without any history of killing cattle, all but 1 wolf was and the rest 9 wolves have all killed cattle before, people especially cattle ranchers are outraged.

27-Dec-23

huntnfish43's Link
Read this

27-Dec-23
At least they got this right.

Crossbows legal for all hunters during gun seasons and for handicapped hunters during archery season.

27-Dec-23
As it should be!

27-Dec-23
Crossbows legal during gun season and archery season for handicapped...What a crazy idea....

27-Dec-23
RETRO, what's your point

27-Dec-23
I'm just amazed there's actually a state that has the intelligence to place a shoulder fired weapon into the appropriate season structure for all able bodied people...

27-Dec-23
Mike we know you shoot one and again no disrespect. You shared you are of the age to use one the way the original law was written.

27-Dec-23
I hope the cross the border into Wyoming. Those boys will take care of the problem

27-Dec-23
Pasq I will be back to vertical in March. There should be no issue with the xbow, on any animal during appropriate gun seasons

28-Dec-23

>>>--arrow1-->'s embedded Photo
Idaho Facts

28-Dec-23

28-Dec-23

Hoot's Link

28-Dec-23

Hoot's Link
I can't imagine anything good coming out of the introduction of wolves in Colorado. I can hardly wait for the pissing and moaning in ten years.

30-Dec-23
Just read the WI Bayfield County Sheriff's report 12/25/2023 This type of activity is becoming the norm, but most are unreported. "Caller from Bayfield reports a wolf has been hanging around their home on Happy Hollow Road and says they killed it when it approached their back door; officer on scene reports wolf carcass collected and game wardens alerted".

30-Dec-23
Sounds like thier running out of natural food sources or thier going for easy pickings

30-Dec-23
Why would we care about Colorado issues?

30-Dec-23
We need to stop the bleeding we are in this together.

31-Dec-23
GH, do you think there might be a few of us that hunt Colorado and care what happens to elk hunting there? There is a huge number of WI hunters that hunt CO. Pretty short sighted opinion by you I think.

31-Dec-23
More than a care for what happens we are all STILL begging for the opportunity to hunt with a bow . Roy Case begged and we beg . The list of roadblocks to a a quality hunt with a bow is long What else can I do with my free time and money? I'm tired of being the ass .

01-Jan-24
Keep voting Democrat ! we will get more of this %^&*

01-Jan-24
Ltl Jim Bow, what is preventing you. from going out and enjoying your long bow? The long bow is pure archery, I always enjoyed mine....... Colorado, I hunted alot. Was in Cortez in the 70s. It's a lost political state, overcrowded, and over pressured....... Hunters stay divided, are not organized etc. The wolf issue will only change by the ballot box. Wolf mgt in the Great Lakes will never happen in my lifetime.......

01-Jan-24
Have you ever watched the film, "Wolves of Douglas County".....

That's where this state is at, along with MI, in my opinion.

So no there is nothing I can do, about Colorado wolves, ,,,,,,

I never believed in any wolf reintroduction. Natural migration was one thing, bringing them in, was not good conservation move.

Yet there were many hunters who supported it. I remember the whole program, from the beginning.

02-Jan-24
I don't think the wolves single out the hunting dogs only!!! LOL. Any dog, farm dog, family dog that runs off while on a walk or from there home is going to get killed. If your wondering on how killed are these dogs, well, really killed!!. In a matter of minutes they are ripped apart down to bone. Not a pretty sight. Colorado was a good state to hunt years ago, may still be in areas. You get away from the lib cities and they hate California, and the liberal ways, kind of like Northern WI to Southern Madison WI. Hopefully the wolves they release are next to states that have common sense and can shoot them.

02-Jan-24

Hoot's Link
Good article

02-Jan-24
Jim.. I read that a couple days ago ....Interesting read.

02-Jan-24
He is very well respected, but he does not fit the agenda anymore...... Sadly it's like WON. They talk about Leopold, but they don't believe in his ideas anymore.....

03-Jan-24
I predict the Triple S system for Wolf Management will gain popularity in the coming years...

03-Jan-24
We get some snow on the ground in central wisconsin and the triple S will begin

03-Jan-24
I heard you don't want snow on the ground for triple S

03-Jan-24
This release is only indicative of the mindset that currently runs through the country. Yes, there are a couple places who fight it but make no mistake, this is a cancer that will continue to grow.

03-Jan-24
I’m not usually scared of anything but after being walked out of the woods this year by wolves after an afternoon archery hunt I will not hesitate next time if I visually see them. Hearing more and more stories this past year you can almost feel the change in the wolves attitudes towards humans, unfortunately when it happens (human getting hurt or killed in Wisconsin) and it will happen, their is going to be a huge shift in the SSS.

03-Jan-24
Mike - You are so right that it's only a matter of time. The more they become habituated to humans the more likely it will happen. I know there have been many, many close calls between humans and wolves which are not classified as attacks. A wolf attack has to leave marks which is BS in my book.

03-Jan-24
Iron River police, and MSP, take complaints about them in town, last winter. I know they shot one, in a alley.

03-Jan-24
I've been carrying my 10mm bowhunting now. My week off for bow hunting I had either 1 wolf sound off or 2 a couple times nightly in the Eau Claire county forest. Told by a local there are 15 in that pack. I would not hesitate either, call it a pre-attack warning.

03-Jan-24
I also carry now on CFL land I hunt. Lots of tracks in sandy soil when they move through. Only heard them once this year in the distance on my way out at dark. I don't like that sound.

03-Jan-24
I've seen them within yards of my house in the mid morning. Both times they were on wild game and didn't care that I was right there. I've had them behind the house before in the evening with the sun up right behind my garden. It's amazing how loud they can be when they are close. I've had tracks between the garden and the house in the mud or snow. They haven't messed with me when hunting so far. I'm seeing less of them on cams with the deer leaving for the yards.

03-Jan-24
I’m sure glad bears don’t sound off when I’m in the woods…. Holy shit could you imagine hearing a roar

03-Jan-24

Drop Tine's Link
The future of American wolves

04-Jan-24
we need to start a new group oif american hunters, THE SARGEANT SCHULZE HUNTER ! NO NOTHING---SEE NOTHING---HEAR NOTHING

04-Jan-24
MJF, I've heard a bobcat scream before and that was a little ridiculous. I had no idea what it was until later when I looked it up. Something crazy to hear in the dark on the ground.

04-Jan-24

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo
BigEight… it is a hair raising sound. When I’m up north I stay in a 12x12 tent, wood stove, twin size bed, kind of glamping it, I’m there almost every weekend from Spring until early October, because of snow I take it down then stay in Washburn, it took me awhile to get used to all the different animal noises, raccoons can be the worst when they fight, coyotes I can sleep through, wolves sound off between 9 and 10 and will keep your one eye open all night especially when they are within 100 yards, after my first tent was ransacked by a young bear, I put an electric fence around the tent and sleep much better.

04-Jan-24

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo

04-Jan-24

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo
Wood stove heats it well

04-Jan-24

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo
I’m no carpenter, it was my first time building a 14x14 floating deck I was only a 1/2 inch from being 100% square

04-Jan-24
Nice set up, love it

06-Jan-24
Great looking camp

06-Jan-24
Great looking camp

06-Jan-24

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
Looks like a great set up Mike. Must've been warm when you built it as it looks like you worked up a pretty good lather.

06-Jan-24
That’s awesome!,

06-Jan-24
That is a nice looking camp. Like the deck to bring the tent up.

06-Jan-24

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo
It was really fun building it and putting it together, the weather was so hot, mosquitoes and ticks were terrible. Most importantly my wife loves it. Although waterproof I added a canopy over it and glad I did, there were some massive storms up here in the last two years.

09-Jan-24
Nice set up! Home away from home for sure.

10-Jan-24
There is a major push to further protect predators in an effort to aid in CWD control. This is not new, but is gaining traction with game managers and likely non hunting voters.

10-Jan-24
Predators? or just wolves.... ya old news.

10-Jan-24
All predators of cloven hoofed animals, wolves have a semi limited range potential. We will see more of these discussions from scholars.

10-Jan-24
"aid in CWD control" LOL, ya, where the wolves are in WI there are no deer to have CWD. They would need to start re-locating them in the Southern part of the state, which they should!!!

10-Jan-24
Yep, that is their point. Bobcats, cougars, coyotes and others are being discussed for more protection. Will get interesting.

10-Jan-24
Missouri post a link where you are getting your info from I would like to read it.

10-Jan-24
Simple searches will help.

10-Jan-24
Your perfect response, don’t post anything please your useless.

10-Jan-24
Predators help spread CWD as the prions survive the digestive tract and are further distributed in their scat.

10-Jan-24
More beaver protection on the way too. Partly tribal driven.

10-Jan-24
30 by 30 conservation initiative for biodiversity is interesting too.

10-Jan-24
Hey Missouri I would like to see that link like Mjf it makes it easier for me I like reading things like that but your normal answer is some Mumbo Jumbo response

10-Jan-24
Don't be lazy, there are multiple articles on the subject, including using Yellowstone CWD and predation as a study. And, there are unreferenced discussions with professionals. A simple search will at least provide a little league understanding of the subject at hand. I won't do it for you.

10-Jan-24
You have the the same response every time, anyone else on here would go out of their way, no wonder there is absolutely no respect for you here.

10-Jan-24
Misery- did you read the study on a noticeable decline in the webbing of a muskrat foot? Look it up as it should get interesting among the 110 conibear bio diversity users.

10-Jan-24
Pasquinell I figured Missouri would jump on that he has to have some sort of knowledge of that study

10-Jan-24
He brings nothing to the table

11-Jan-24
It appears anti hunting groups have spent millions of dollars buying up outfitting rights to concessions in Canada. An update was posted today. More loss of opportunity.

11-Jan-24
Perhaps it will not matter, many hunters do not like outfitters.

12-Jan-24
Proposed new "privilege tax" on ammunition by Biden. Who voted for this stuff ?

12-Jan-24
all those $^%^&&** that voted democrat

12-Jan-24
“We the people” need to quit paying Federal taxes and quit funding this idiocy that is running rouge. They take our money billions upon billions to fund warring nations in far away lands while doing nothing for the citizens of this country. Taxation without representation.

12-Jan-24
DT +100

12-Jan-24
We can't even get weapon usage correct because of money.

Good luck with not paying taxes...let me know how that works for you

12-Jan-24
There is no law that says you need to pay weekly. As long as you pay by April 15th. If every working person just held back one month at the same time the government would be on its knees. I’m glad your happy the way things are Pasq.

12-Jan-24
Neighbor has taken over 100 coon in the past 2 years on 150 acres in far southern Juneau county. That’s crazy. Nobody hunts them anymore. Interesting to hear about coyotes avoiding them. Got a pretty big crew that coyote hunt around the area and I figured the lack of yotes was causing the increase in coon.

12-Jan-24
With that many coon around I’m surprised Parvo hasn’t killed a bunch of them off.

21-Feb-24

MjF's Link
Another interesting story from 2019, but most here have not heard of the recent story this past winter of a retired game warden from northern Wisconsin that shot a wolf in self defense, I know the wolf he shot, and I hope he is found not guilty of any crime.

21-Feb-24
My friend had to dispose of one, and was up front with wardens, for reason why. The feds left it up to the state. No loss of license, but expensive fine. I am following this. I know who you are talking about.

• Sitka Gear