Elk Assassin 24-Apr-24
Bow Bullet 25-Apr-24
Aspen Ghost 25-Apr-24
Barkeater 25-Apr-24
Barkeater 25-Apr-24
Barkeater 26-Apr-24
Barkeater 26-Apr-24
19-Dec-23
Just saw the news release that the first 5 transplanted wolves were released in Grand County. Never knew that area was one of the release sites.... at least it's closer to Boulder. They can use a few of their residents attacked.

My guess the release site was on west end of RMNP?

19-Dec-23
Radium State Wildlife Area is where they put them. Four juveniles and one adult male. The adult male will end up killing the two juvenile males

20-Dec-23
Hopefully.

20-Dec-23
“We now wait to see what the forces of nature have in store,”

20-Dec-23
"Let's open this little vial and wait to see what the forces of nature have in store", said the now-missing female researcher in the Wuhan lab..

20-Dec-23
If they are from different packs would the adult male tolerate the juvenile males? If the juvenile females are truly juvenile and don't go into heat this winter won't the adult male leave them to go looking for action elsewhere? And if they are from three different packs won't they tend to separate from each other and only stay with their packmate? I don't have a good understanding of wolf pack dynamics but this grouping sounds problematic.

20-Dec-23
From what I know of the ranchers near the Trough Rd, they will not tolerate juvenile or adult wolves.

God Bless the landowners!

20-Dec-23
"four juveniles and one adult male"

That's what they are telling us for now. Remember the second (collared) north park wolf miraculously turned into a female. Like they didn't know??

Lies lead to epic failures.

22-Dec-23
At least some made it about 25 miles NW near Phippsburg. Lots of reports and some video on FB.

The boys around Dixon and Savery might be in for some action over Christmas.

22-Dec-23
Before long they'll be in Hayden chomping on that herd that's been hanging around there.

22-Dec-23
I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone is going to have the guts to shoot-up these wolves. Man, I'd love to be wrong about that though.

22-Dec-23
Well probably every wolf has a cpw employee assigned to it who sits idling their brand new 2500 HD quad cab pickup all day everyday listening for gunshots near the wolf they're assigned to.

22-Dec-23
CPW completed its release of 10 wolves.

22-Dec-23
Any info on where the last 3 were dumped?

22-Dec-23
Go on Facebook wolftracker. Might know on there

22-Dec-23
Thanks for the mention of wolftracker, Kevin. I was unaware of it, but joined. Looks really interesting and there are already a few wolves roaming around where I live.

22-Dec-23
Just signed up waiting on approval.

22-Dec-23
Yes. I wanted to go up to unit 13 after Christmas with my December elk tag. Maybe I'll see one since they have been spotted headed that way.

23-Dec-23
You guys who are close to where they are need to get out there & sheww em on a regular basis. If nothing else , it will drive the constable assigned to watch over them NUTS! A couple were spotted today smack dab in the middle of where we hunt. Keep going north you flee bitten mangy muts! Things are so much better across the border to the north….

23-Dec-23
You guys who are close to where they are need to get out there & sheww em on a regular basis. If nothing else , it will drive the constable assigned to watch over them NUTS! A couple were spotted today smack dab in the middle of where we hunt. Keep going north you flee bitten mangy muts! Things are so much better across the border to the north….

23-Dec-23
If I see a wolf when I'm Hunting Unit 13 after Christmas I'll tell it to keep going north.

23-Dec-23
I'm guessing when I park to go hunting If there really is a wolf there there will be the CPW assigned employee working overtime to make sure the wolf is okay. Me being the blunt person I am will just come right out and say so I guess you're sitting here to keep the wolf safe

26-Dec-23
that is right where the Big Horn Sheep are

27-Dec-23
I was approve for the Wolf Tracker yesterday. The goal is to report sightings/pictures and give GPS coordinates. While some info is good, there is also the same responses from some who are totally uneducated concerning the Wolf Plan and the recent wolf release or just want to blame the CPW for all of this and to rid Colorado of any wolves.

27-Dec-23
Facebook doesn't have fact checkers.

27-Dec-23
That is true Paul but, I'll take raw speech and information over improperly censored or fact checked stuff. I'm ok with filtering it myself. The uninformed and incorrect stuff on there from both sides is easily sifted through.

27-Dec-23
Gotta admit, there’s still plenty of blame to place on the CPW.

27-Dec-23
Not necessarily so Brad. The real blame should go to the city slicker voters along the I-25 corridor. Isn't it strange that they got wolves voted in but they released them on the western slope where they wouldn't have to put up with them.

03-Jan-24

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Actually screen shot from the governor's husband's wife's FB page. "Now with wolves!" as if this is going to make it more attractive for more assholes to move here.

03-Jan-24

03-Jan-24
The Onion and Babylon Bee will have to up their game. The reality of the left is out-pacing satire and parody.

03-Jan-24
The governor's bed mate just told me that this wolf debacle was a true "bipartisan" effort because they had meetings and listened to the input from stakeholders from the 51 counties that voted against it. That's how these sick liberals view "bipartisanship".

03-Jan-24

Have a great day fellas, the future is looking good?

03-Jan-24
Just make sure you leave your cell phone at home. Also a drone would be nice in the event there is a collar involved. Don't hook-um to a log like on Yellowstone.

03-Jan-24
If anyone uses a drone hopefully they don't fly it off real fast and maybe just a cheap Target drone that just keeps flying once it gets out of range

04-Jan-24
I wouldn't even joke about it. You start small with taking a wolf out and before you know it you are into the hard stuff like using a plastic shopping bag. Now you are facing serious time.

04-Jan-24
I'm sorry, that is freaking funny.

I've been there, I am so tempted sometimes to press the zero bag button at king soopers self checkout, and walk out the door with 5 or 6 of them.

04-Jan-24
I call them contraband bags.

05-Jan-24
they are killing the big horn sheep that the tax pairs put in the same place (not a good move))

05-Jan-24

Whocares's embedded Photo
One of several pictures I have at that location
One of several pictures I have at that location
That will be worth watching. I often see quite a few big horn sheep in the inspiration point area.

18-Jan-24
My Grandson spotted the black wolf near Phippsburg last week. Probably in Steamboat by now.

18-Jan-24
Or not. They don't always travel in a straight line or one direction. :))

25-Jan-24

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Here is the CPW map of wolf movements since Dec 18. Includes the 2 North Park wolves and 10 New wolves.

Shaded area does not mean wolves have been there. Just means they were in that watershed at least once. The whole watershed gets highlighted.

25-Jan-24

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Quite obvious where the East Troublesome Fire was at... No wolves = no game

25-Jan-24
I wonder if they made it south of I-70 or just in those watersheds?

25-Jan-24
They said yesterday they did not cross I-70 according to their GPS data. I hope when they do they just get run over

25-Jan-24
According to the GPS map they have made it down around Avon just South of I-70, wonder just how accurate the maps are.

25-Jan-24
They did not go below I-70. That is just a watershed map. The testimony yesterday at the hearing with CPW and legislatures said that the wolves have not gone below I-70

28-Jan-24
The map is ridiculous. The 2 collared wolves in North Park don't have to cover much ground to result in all 7 North Park watersheds or all of North Park being highlighted.

"Hello this is Joe Rancher out on Cty Rd 15A west of town. I'll be starting to calve next week and was wondering if your 2 wolves are hanging around my place?"

"Sure, totally understandable. I'm sending you a link to the latest updated Wolf Movement map"

"Ok, I may hang up on you while I try and open it. Its cold and blowing like crazy out here and I'm not the best with these smart phones."

"Ha, ha, no problem take your time."

"Dang it, I probably did something wrong. It shows about all 1,600 square miles of North Park highlighted from the top of the Park Range to the top of the Rawahs?"

"Let me look....nope you are doing it right. Thats the right map."

"Well, thats as helpful as nuts on a heifer."

"No problem Joe, I'm glad we could help. Take care and feel free to reach out any time you need something."

28-Jan-24
The map they provide is very misleading and not helpfull. They can provide a much more precise map if so desired without an exact location. Just creating more mistrust now. I will try to attach a map from Minn that shows an example of of a bunch of wolf territories.

28-Jan-24
It's pretty obvious that they wanted to put out a map to give the impression that they are communicating and transparent without actually being transparent or communicating anything. They must be terrified that someone might actually figure out where the wolves are feeding.

28-Jan-24

Here's a map of wolf territories in a part of Minn with a number collared in each pack. Obvious how territorial they are. If you can look close you'll see a few stray into another territory on occasion. They are not always in all parts of their territory but it is their claimed area. So you can see how vague the Colorado map is with only 12 wolves.

28-Jan-24
The map is an area of northern Minn roughly 50 x 40 miles. Pack size has been 5-6 on average as I understand it.

28-Jan-24
The map is an area of northern Minn roughly 50 x 40 miles. Pack size has been 5-6 on average as I understand it.

28-Jan-24
Tremendous info. Hope you dont mind if I share

28-Jan-24
Go ahead Brad. It's public. Shows how CPW could draw a more realistic map of where the wolves have actually been rather than using watersheds. The wolves in Colorado have no doubt not established any sort of territory at this point as there are so few. It is breeding season now so they really roam. After pups they may begin to have some sort of territory. Fewer the wolves, further they'll roam.

28-Jan-24
I recently hunted elk here in Colorado with a good friend from MN who is a retired DNR regional manager of over 30 years. Early on he had trapped wolves for the DNR both for study and control. He wasn't that abreast of the Colorado situation as he'd been out of the loop and hunting a lot since retirement.

After filling him in on the latest press release his comment was that we could see a wolf population of 2500 wolves in 5 years from now. Said it happens fast.

It's really hitting the fan in MN right now with regard to the wolves too. We get a good portion of elk clients from the MN region and every one of them say "the deer are just gone up nort"...

04-Feb-24
My wife is from northern MN. Similar to CO, great people up there. Hunting, fishing, snowmobiling and hockey. Like CO, they are now out numbered. It appears that MN will raise the wolf population objective up to a ridiculous number similar to what they currently have. So even when/if they get delisted again, the north country is likely forever changed.

04-Feb-24
Our current Governor said if the wolves are delighted he won't allow a hunting season on them. Guess we need a smarter Goernor.

05-Feb-24
delisted! In MN.

05-Feb-24

Keepitreal's Link
Thank USFWS for recognizing the truth.

05-Feb-24

Keepitreal's Link
That's the link to the article

05-Feb-24
Keapitreal, that looks like an election year political decision to not stir up opponents. Lets hope it holds up after the election.

15-Feb-24

Keepitreal's Link
A logger got this video in northern MN not long ago. It came to my cousin who had been trapping bobcats and getting lots of wolf pics on his cameras.

For those who think wolves won't assimilate to populated areas. Looks like this wolf didn't care about human activity or presence. If a single wolf can catch a whitetail doe with very little snow then what? Not the most solid video but looked like the doe was still kicking when the wolf had it by the throat.

15-Feb-24
what is even more concerning but predictable, is the message below that, ie, " hope someone sabotages the logging equipment."

24-Feb-24

PushCoArcher's Link
Looks like two are headed for the killing fields maybe more will follow.

25-Feb-24
Keep going north!!!!

25-Feb-24
Naturally. They're just dogs going back to their home.

26-Feb-24
Spoke with the rancher we hunt on just northwest of Steamboat today. He said a rancher he knows west of him has found 6 wolf killed elk with only the guts eaten out of them and the whole animal left to rot. 2023 Winter kill and now wolves. Gotta love ballot biology.

24-Apr-24
Sounds like one wolf has died, of the 12 newly released. In Larimer county. So far they say of "natural" causes. Guess it's safe to say this one wasn't the one killing the new born calves.

24-Apr-24
Was it one of the released wolves or was it from the Walden area pack?

24-Apr-24
one of the ten recently released according to the news article. https://kdvr.com/news/local/reintroduced-wolf-found-dead-in-larimer-county/#:~:text=DENVER%20%28KDVR%29%20%E2%80%94%20One%20of%20the%2010%20wolves,it%20%E2%80%9Cbecame%20aware%E2%80%9D%20of%20the%20death%20on%20Thursday.

24-Apr-24
Had it only made it to Estes Park, it might have survived. Glad it ran out of gas before it got there.

24-Apr-24

Also one was trapped in a coyote set on private in Elbert County and died this month. DNA showed it came from the Great Lakes.

24-Apr-24
Hoping for more great news of wolf deaths in the weeks to come. Hope the deceased was a female. Kudos to someone if this was a man-caused death.

25-Apr-24
Didn't take long at all for a wolf to appear on the east slope.

25-Apr-24

Aspen Ghost's Link
The biologists think the wolf that is killing cattle is a male supporting a female with pups.

25-Apr-24
Elk and deer are harder to catch ,when the snow melts. Wolves den in lower country , where the cattle are calving.

25-Apr-24
Denali national Park has a 40+ year study on wolves. It's a good read , not like the Yellowstone studies. Canada has some great studies across western Canada also good reading. Apparently there wolves eat more than what was reported projections in Colorado. There studies showed 24- to 36 ungulates per wolf, to survive a year. There pack reductions are working positively reported in BC to help there MTN Caribou.

26-Apr-24
The Polis reach around crew must be having some problems buying the next batch of wolves that were planned for spring release.

26-Apr-24
The Polis reach around crew must be having some problems buying the next batch of wolves that were planned for spring release.

• Sitka Gear