blackwolf 28-Dec-23
CaptMike 29-Dec-23
Drop Tine 29-Dec-23
Ridge Runner 29-Dec-23
MjF 29-Dec-23
casekiska 29-Dec-23
MjF 29-Dec-23
23-Dec-23
For those of us that don't have an extended season there are 61/2 days of buck hunting left. Better get after it. I hope to be out 2nd thru 7th every day. Some of those I passed on early season are looking better right about now lol.Good luck all.

23-Dec-23
Good luck! Some mild weather to sit in, at least here in the SE part of the state.

23-Dec-23
Please snow……..

23-Dec-23
grape +1 but dont look good.

23-Dec-23

23-Dec-23

23-Dec-23
Thinking of going out tonight before the holiday hunt starting tomorrow.

23-Dec-23
Anything with bone coming out of its head I’m shooting, I really want to put some venison on the table.

23-Dec-23
Good luck Mike. Both my boys got bucks this year, so I am still going to be a little picky. I can mooch off them.

24-Dec-23
Good thing the DNR gets all those extra gun hunts shoved down our throats though. I'm sure the 0.0073% of the kill these seasons make up for is what meets the quotas.

24-Dec-23
I was in town yesterday. Gas stations are all stocked up with apples and corn.

24-Dec-23
Good luck to all. I have now moved down to Washington county to hunt. Will hunt the last 2 weeks in Jan, in Vernon County. My big disappointment is that the Jan grouse season, we always had, in the north, is now closed, and will never get it back. Every few years we get a winter like this one, and bird hunting was fun. West Nile disease created a close of Jan season, all nonsense. M

24-Dec-23
One caveat for Iowa Co, buck season is over as there is not an extended season but there is a holiday hunt. My goal for next year is to eliminate both hunts.

24-Dec-23
Today I participated in a deer drive Washinton County. We shot 5 does, had alot of fun. Hung at my house, meat is going for those who need it. Lots of fun good group.

24-Dec-23
Glunker am I missing something. Regular archery season resumes after the holiday hunt through the 7th of Jan. I hope I am right.

24-Dec-23
Just read the regs.

25-Dec-23
I did read them. Just wondering why someone said buck season is over. Confused me.

25-Dec-23
Yes, so many say that X, I don't know why. Good luck.

25-Dec-23
Thanks GH

25-Dec-23

Glunker's embedded Photo
Glunker's embedded Photo
Looking at the state season map Iowa County does not have the extended Jan 31st season.

25-Dec-23
Holiday Hunt ends january 1.....regular archery closes on the 7th

25-Dec-23
Correct, but holiday hunt ends Jan 1st so you can still archery buck hunt until Jan 7th. After that the extended hunt starts for those areas eligible. I just don't want you to miss out on the last 6 days (Jan 2-7) of archery if you so desired to do so.

25-Dec-23

Bigfoot's embedded Photo
Bigfoot's embedded Photo

25-Dec-23
Thanks for better explaining the Iowa Co season.

28-Dec-23
Well this really stinks, planned on hunting this weekend but wife and I came down with Covid, it’s the worst I’ve ever had it, feels like I’m going to die. We have a RN coming to our home tomorrow and give us an IV of fluids.

28-Dec-23
How do you think you caught that stuff?

28-Dec-23
Well Groundhunter in my line of work I deal with hundreds of people each day, very easy to get. This is my 3rd time and each time it seems to be worse.

28-Dec-23
Sorry to hear that Mike. I hope you get well soon. I am ready to get back at it Tuesday morning. This holiday doe hunt is just a waste of bow hunting time. No one is even hunting around here. I can't believe I will be hunting in mid 30's all next week and no snow.

28-Dec-23
Bad deal Mike, hope you and the wife come out of it OK. I will be hunting the next couple afternoons in a non-holiday hunt unit. Now, from what I read, I can shoot a buck (if I even see a deer would be a trophy) if I read the regs correctly?

28-Dec-23
Mike, hope you get better. 3 times is alot, bad luck.......

28-Dec-23
Mike - You and your wife get better soon my friend.

28-Dec-23
Thanks Jim

28-Dec-23
With no snow I've been doing lots of scouting. Unfortunately I've found 3 dead bucks thus far with roughly 17" spreads. The mild temps seems to accelerate the decay process so it's unknown why they died. I believe 1 may have been car related.

28-Dec-23
MJF, Well wishes for you and your wife.

28-Dec-23
I hunted yesterday with the rifle perhaps able to shoot a doe without fawns. Instead I saw three bucks traveling together. Two were good deer that I'm happy they'll likely see the age of four. One of them I passed during bow season and on opening day of gun season. He lost a lot of weight, but still looks healthy. We do have the extended archery season, so I'll be out there as weather permits. The woods look so drab with no leaves on the trees. The buckthorn finally dropped their leaves, and you can see so much further through the woods.

28-Dec-23
MjF Hope you and your wife are feeling better soon!

29-Dec-23
Ugh, feel better quick!

29-Dec-23
Hope you and the wife get feeling better soon. My wife had the crud and took about a month to get over it. Two home tests were negative for Covid but at one point I made her go to the doctors and they tested her positive?? And gave her an inhaler when her coughing fits happened.

29-Dec-23
Mike hope you and your wife are getting better . Take care of yourselves and get some rest

29-Dec-23

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo
Both getting IVs as I write, this is some nasty crap.

29-Dec-23
Mike - I'm sure you & yours are really feeling the effects of covid. Hope you both get better soon. Good luck. We had some bad luck too,...we had the family over for dinner on Christmas eve, then after seeing them off from the driveway my wife turned to go back into the house and tripped & fell into the concrete stairs. She's bruised and has a cracked rib and a broken/shattered knee cap. She is on the mend but now joins those with medical issues during the holiday season. Not the best situation during this festive time of the year, but we know this is another speed bump down life's road and this too shall pass. So to all those like us with medical challenges this time of the year, I wish you well and may Godspeed your healing.

29-Dec-23
Ohhh no that’s horrible, hope she gets better soon

• Sitka Gear