g5smoke21 27-Dec-23
TonyBear 27-Dec-23
Live2Hunt 28-Dec-23
Hoot 28-Dec-23
xtroutx 28-Dec-23
TonyBear 24-Jan-24
xtroutx 24-Jan-24
26-Dec-23
Rep. Mike Gallagher is passing on a heads-up that the Feds are considering reclassifying lake sturgeon as endangered. Aren't we lucky that they think they know more than current science management that has been successful for decades. I wish I knew more at this point in time. I will be calling my fed reps to express my point of view.

26-Dec-23
I say this with respect. This is bad but old news.

27-Dec-23
No disrespect taken. Yesterday was the 1st time I had heard about it. From a call to Rep. Gallagher's WI office I further learned this is ongoing as the Fish & Wildlife people are still pushing the idea. The framework is for them to reach a conclusion by the June/July time frame. Rep. Gallagher is at least trying to get WI exempted if sturgeon would go on the endangered list. Typical overreach from the federal gov.

27-Dec-23
There has been some good new that the people trying to end it did admit they are not against state managed fisheries which the WI spearing and hook and line are. So hope all goes well. I live right off the north shore of winnebago and just started spearing a few years ago. Did manage a 89 lber 2 years ago. It would cause such a devastating effect in the economy on on the small bars on the lake shore if it would pass

27-Dec-23
Alot of them in the Mississippi and St. Croix Rivers. Hardly endangered. Typical Federal idiots.

28-Dec-23
Yes they are idiots. Everything is endangered everywhere because they have none around them. So, lets protect all of them, everywhere, aka the wolf.

28-Dec-23

Hoot's Link
Sorry - Link was reposted under Colorado wolves.

28-Dec-23
Government overreach as usual. Wild blueberries are next.

24-Jan-24
xtroutx as I recall most National Parks and some Federal forests already have regs on foraging. It starts with a universal "no", then the specific parks managers make their own rules opening it up for berries, mushrooms, etc. Your neighboring state MN DNR is considering placing limits on foraging on public lands. Watch out for it in WI...

24-Jan-24
Ha, figures.

• Sitka Gear