ksq232 29-Dec-23
Dale06 29-Dec-23
Matte 29-Dec-23
28-Dec-23

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Going into this season I was kinda sorta excited. Food plots looked great, many does and fawns getting fat on Milo, Indian Maze, Soybeans and later on Winter Wheat. Well come mid September on an Elk Hunt with a guy from the 501st. He solidly kicked my ass in the mountains btw. While in Colorado I got a severe gout infection in my elbow. My hunt was done as for the first time since i was 13 I could not draw my bow. Fun hunt but we went home elkless. I re-couped for a month and tried to draw my bow and was able to. I should have shot more but still confident in my skills I began a quest to end a 3 year ordeal with a special deer. My first sit Saturday November 4th I had him in my sights but with only 10 minutes of legal light left it was just to dark and I didnt want risk a bad shot. Monday evening I had an opportunity at 4:30 in the evening and did not release as it was a 47 yard shot and my pin was all over the place. Ashamed I vowed to practice more and strengthen my right elbow again.

Fast forward through a month of ups and downs I sat there in ground blind with a great friend. My buddy missed rifle season ( annual trip since college ) due to work and now he is after a deer any deer. Last night he shot a doe and I told him if he was willing to shoot a doe on his buck tag I will shoot the next buck I see. Well that was about 10 minutes later. So we got a double with just a few days left and a bunch of laughs in the all day sits in the blind. To me that is truly what hunting is about and I can't wait till we get to do it again next year.

28-Dec-23
Good buck for shooting the next buck seen. Congrats Matt.

28-Dec-23
Can not wait to hunt what is still alive next year

28-Dec-23
Congratulations

28-Dec-23
Congrats to you and your buddy Matt, that's what it's all about.

29-Dec-23
Great season indeed! Hopefully #1 lives another year so the quest can continue

29-Dec-23

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
I have a few good ones left.

29-Dec-23
That's a great story. I have been hunting deer for almost 60 years and still enjoy the hunt greatly. Every once in a while I just go out and tell myself if it is legal, I will attempt to take it. It brings back feelings I had when I first started hunting. I think it keeps the fire burning.

29-Dec-23
That’s a good looking buck, congrats! I have his twin on our place I’ve been trying to catch up with the last couple weeks. I could have shot him earlier this year, but wasn’t yet ready to be done. The Mrs put an arrow in one last night that we’re still looking for today, it’s not looking good, all indications are a muscle hit in front of the shoulder. He turned as she shot.

29-Dec-23
Nice deer! Matte. Congrats to you and your college buddy.

29-Dec-23
Dale06, We have known each other since the 8th grade due to boy scouts but became great friends as roommates in College. Even though he know lives in Garden we try and do Turkey, Blue Cats, Dove, and some deer hunts each year. As we both get more grey hairs, the more we realize we should of done more when younger.

• Sitka Gear