Proline 04-Jan-24
Tmachado37 04-Jan-24
Arrownoob 04-Jan-24
Wilgabeast 05-Jan-24
captain 05-Jan-24
S0sso 05-Jan-24
Proline 06-Jan-24
04-Jan-24
So no bucks for me this year but I DID see a buck I'm going to target next season. I knew he was out there because I found a line of rubs and one pine tree (~6" diameter) that had been annihilated from the ground to about 6' up. My last day out I saw him. He's big (big for me anyhow) and at least a 10pt. Buuut, if I want him I'm going to need to saddle hunt as the trees around the thicket and wetlands he's in and around won't accommodate my climber. I also want to catch him on Camera to pattern him a bit.

I'm looking for any recommendations on cameras that make use of solar and/or that will send pics to my phone. This is going to be an expensive year for hunting toys, but that dude needs to get on my wall and in my freezer!

Thanks all!

04-Jan-24

MA_Bowhunter's Link
I've been very happy with Spypoint LINK-MICRO-LTE cell phone camera. They are $65 each from Amazon at the link when bought in a pair. Set it to low sensitivity, and the free 100 cell phone low definition pictures a month will be adequate for trail watching. And, even if you run over the cell phone picture limit, the camera still stores high def pictures on a micro SD chip and you can go and switch that out at anytime.

You'll need to buy micro SD chips if you do the Amazon deal.

04-Jan-24
Second the SPYPOINT micro lte, they work great, I tried the next model up the flex this year and not worth the extra money

04-Jan-24
The flex was $65 at dicks sporting. I’m setting up one right now. For me tactacam was the best but it’s $5 per cam per month. SPYPOINT is $99 for the year for 250 photos per cam- no cam limit

04-Jan-24
Will be interesting to see your approach to this.ive been trying to decipher how to go about it.i have some cams out now to see if any of the bucks I'm after have made it. Good luck

04-Jan-24
With my SPYPOINTs you get 100 free a month per camera. Up until hunting season I usually don’t pay for extra unless something has my attention. Once hunting season starts unless you have a pesky squirrel 100 pictures takes you very far on most cameras unless you set in on a field or a food source. Transition areas can usually get you through the month

04-Jan-24
My son and I use Tactacam. They are decent but we pull cards we always find pictures that did not come thru to our phones. That bugs me but I'm not sure it isn't common with all. My son just bought a new one made by Wiseeye. The picture quality is unreal. They work on a shared plan. I still use many card cams as well.

04-Jan-24
Proline , I’ve seen the same with the spypoints, seems to be the cell service within the area the camera is in. Cameras in areas with great service I bet sent close to 95% in another place I bet I was getting only 60-75% of the pictures taken when I did the card pull.

04-Jan-24
I set up 2 flex today. One didn’t work great. I’m returning it. The second one seems to be good. Quality and construction seems inferior to tactacam. I like that it’s only 8 batteries and photo quality seems acceptable. If I had infinite money I’d run tactacam but I like the idea of the $99 a year, unlimited cams with SPYPOINT.

05-Jan-24
If you’re gonna go with SPYPOINT DO NOT go with the link micro . I have 57 SPYPOINT rite now and 50 are link micros . While I use them mostly without issue almost everyone I speak to who uses the link micro runs into problems eventually with the firmware updates ….. if I had to suggest a cam from SPYPOINT it would be the flex cam. I’ve never had a single issue since I’ve owned one and it’s all I’ll be buying from now on from spypoint

05-Jan-24
I use reveal cameras love them get signal even where my phone doesn’t work

05-Jan-24
Thank you for the recommendations everyone.

Mgh, I'm going out Monday to find him (more or less) the snow is going to do me a solid, he'll be down for at least 24 hours, he's gonna be hungry, he's gonna move and leave tracks. I'll map it out then post cameras around that area.

The trick is I'm going to lose him in the spring as the food sources are going to change. But I'll have a better idea of his winter range/area/whatevs. I've never focused in on one animal before so I'm sure this is going to be a comedy of errors.

06-Jan-24
Thanks Tmach. I suspected that issue as I live in Central NH and service is not great.

• Sitka Gear