longbeard 04-Mar-24
air leak 05-Mar-24
soapdish 27-Mar-24
Blood 27-Mar-24
Brian M. 27-Mar-24
soapdish 27-Mar-24
Swamp_Donkey 27-Mar-24
08-Jan-24
I know January is touph but I love hunting with snow on the ground anyone else have any luck recently?

09-Jan-24
You haven't signed into the roll call, for all we know you are a troll :)

09-Jan-24
Not hunting but got out for a walk for 40min today. Was hoping maybe to find an early shed on the snow before it melts with the rain. Had fresh tracks so followed those till I jumped a bedded doe. Then caught up with 2 more and got between them (doe and fawn). Took a great video but 26 seconds so probably can’t upload it.

09-Jan-24
I hunt Jan. I went to my spot after it snowed, didn't even see tracks..... very sad

30-Jan-24
I’m still hunting in Ohio. Season here ends 2/4. Best state ever for bowhunters.

06-Feb-24

Swamp_Donkey's embedded Photo
Swamp_Donkey's embedded Photo
Late goose still in full swing

06-Feb-24
Making goose salami for the first time as I post

06-Feb-24

soapdish's embedded Photo
12 hours later... finally done. Very tasty.... would definitely be better with peppercorns. That little something extra for perfection

13-Feb-24
Soap, the salami looks delicious. We made venison sausage for the first time and it was tasty. I've gotta carefully notate ingredients so I can tweak the seasoning 'til it's perfect (for us). Read an old Hemingway biography (Papa Hemingway) stating he liked smoked goose breast.

13-Feb-24
I also like breasts.lol

15-Feb-24
Notme, Gary Cooper, an avid hunter, brought smoked goose breast to Hemingway in Ketchum, Idaho. They had them with a white burgundy. Do you smoke your breasts and is there a favorite wine ? Any favorite spices? Younger birds are the tastiest I'm told. LOL

16-Feb-24
Notme likes the saggy ones ;)

17-Feb-24
The younger firmer breasts are definitely the way to go if you can get your hands on them. Older ones just need a bit more kneading to get the juices flowing...

17-Feb-24
LMAO

17-Feb-24
Perverts

18-Feb-24
Pat, LOL What have you got against goose recipes, LOL...?

21-Feb-24
Got a yote yesterday

23-Feb-24
Heading out shortly to the Springfield sportsman show in a few minutes. Gonna hunt down some deals on solar panels, windows and the like lol.

23-Feb-24
Used to be 3 to 4 buildings, 3D archery events. Huntstock in Western Mass is the big up and comer for hunting shows It's gotten so big the promoter Pat Guyette is 100% committed, quit his full-time career job.

23-Feb-24
Well....made it back home. Only bought 3 windows off of the purple headed black lipstick human.... that's all true except I didn't buy any windows lol.

26-Feb-24

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/lOCYQtrm19s?si=vzXKyYBVIc4W-d14

26-Feb-24
Just got back from Florida, shooting hogs

26-Feb-24
Soap, I was there yesterday. It is getting smaller every year. I was in and out in less that an hour.

04-Mar-24

CTBobcat's embedded Photo
Not hunting but first Bear of the year on cam in CT. It was quite warm yesterday so no surprise really.

04-Mar-24

he's back for a scratch. look at the small tree in both pics and you'll see how far he bends it over.

04-Mar-24
Damn bears!!! Cool pic though

04-Mar-24

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
picked up a camera yesterday

04-Mar-24

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo

04-Mar-24

04-Mar-24

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
next year number 1

04-Mar-24

longbeard's embedded Photo
longbeard's embedded Photo
This is where it’s at now!

05-Mar-24
Longbeard, just looking at those birds fires me up! Can't wait.

That first gobble at first light is..... You just can't compare to anything else.

27-Mar-24

Got a yote this morning. I was walking in at first light when I see this one crossing the next field in front of me. I use the hedgerow to cover me. She stops about 170 yards out. Not much time to aim and shoot....I squeeze the trigger and it disappears. DRT....dead right there. I get over to my blind and a minute later another crosses the field. Too far away for a shot. Heard a gobbler too.

27-Mar-24
Soap, great shot! Saving turkeys and fawns one dog at a time.

27-Mar-24
Nice looking dog too. Skin it?

27-Mar-24
No gave it to a guy, he's going to. If there's anyone on here that wants them in the future, let me know. I'm getting pretty good at it lol. Two with a bow (one from the ground) and two so far with a gun.

27-Mar-24
Nice work soap!

• Sitka Gear