Hoot 08-Jan-24
Pete-pec 08-Jan-24
xtroutx 08-Jan-24
casekiska 08-Jan-24
casekiska 08-Jan-24
Groundhunter 08-Jan-24
Groundhunter 08-Jan-24
08-Jan-24
As the hunting seasons wind down, I'm looking into next season and preparing for the grind. One thing I always like hearing about is what you pack for your all day sits, what are you absolute must haves to have in your pack when hunting all day? Also looking into late season camo, leaning towards Predator or ASAT, any other suggestions for those cold brisk days?

08-Jan-24
Naked North snow camo by Gamehide, it’s a shell, fits right over your warm gear, best I’ve ever owned.

08-Jan-24
Mike is the snow camo from gamehide quiet? I have been looking at some gamehide snow camo for a while now. Reasonable price for a piece that won't get used to much.

08-Jan-24

casekiska's embedded Photo
casekiska's embedded Photo
Almost any white garment will work effectively. Here's a pic from late season some years ago; I'm on the far left, then Larry Whiffen, then another buddy on the right. On this day we got cold, we got back, but we didn't get a deer!

08-Jan-24

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo
Rick it’s just a shell you wear over your regular hunting clothes, it’s super lightweight and quite.

08-Jan-24

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo
Both pieces fold up small and can be packed easily. I’ve had two pair for years now, blends in nice on the ground or tree stand.

08-Jan-24
Bill those look like army issued, I also have some but usually used it for predator hunting

08-Jan-24
Bill - I use to wear that white too. Deer would almost come right up to you. Shot quite a few deer wearing all white.

08-Jan-24
Look at the cams on those old bows! I remember when pullies and cables came out, and recurves were converted to compound bows. That was when "cables" were actually plastic-wrapped cables. Loud as hell, and 50% letoff. Great photo of times gone past.

Mitch, absolute must in all day sits, is a lunch, and toilet paper lol.

08-Jan-24
Thanks Mike. The shell is what I want to go over my cold weather gear.

08-Jan-24
IMO, that white camo with the shading Mike showed is much better than the solid white we used. The shading really helps one's silhouette disappear.

08-Jan-24

08-Jan-24
I have a light weight snow cover, with zipper and hood. Painted some black leaf patterns on, good to go. They are common at Army Surplus supply stores.

08-Jan-24
My sits now, are not all day, just a few hours Either mid day, (preferred), or late afternoons. I carry very little. License, havalon knife, 10oz of water, cough drops, no food etc, fuel up before I go. Headlamp, some reflective clip markers. Not alot of anything. Clothing, Heater Body Suit, Fall Preadator Gray. Rides my back well, with Millenium tree seat. Light 600 LaCrosse boots. One pair of Alpacs socks. HBS, keeps my body very warm. My muff on waist. Will hold my face mask. I wear a knit cap. After alot of years, I have my system down. I do like those small juice boxes though, quiet and refreshing. Using crossbow, so movement is less.

• Sitka Gear