Contributors to this thread:
Genesis 09-Jan-24
sitO 09-Jan-24
Thornton 10-Jan-24
Justhunt 10-Jan-24
LTG 11 10-Jan-24
Catscratch 10-Jan-24
09-Jan-24
Wanting a great Duck hunting experience for experienced duck hunters/amenities are totally secondary I'll say we will bowhunt them so responding folk won't be distracted :)

09-Jan-24
I only really know of one Steve, Skeen Gun Dogs/Outfitters, South Central KS. Not sure what part of the state you're looking at? I think the last segment is 7-10 days depending on the zone, but it can be a lot of fun if the mallards move in late.

10-Jan-24
I wouldn't go with anyone up in Harvey County like F4. I hear he has pissed off a bunch of landowners by taking paying hunters on permissions they find out later he's making money on their generosity without telling them he's an outfitter. He and the guys out of Hutchinson are wrecking havoc on the local flocks, sending kids out every day to scout. The birds aren't flying to feed til almost sunset, and they're so skittish they use a field maybe 2 evenings then go to another.

10-Jan-24
They truly are ruining the hunting in that area. Use to be able to find multiple different feeds to hunt. Now you’re lucky if you can get on anything. Bird numbers have plummeted in the hutch area the last 5 years. The birds we do have won’t even leave the city limits.

10-Jan-24
No ducks in KS. They all go to Missouri. Try there. :)

The fields hunts are a gamble. Outfitters don't need a license. More often then not, you'll just end up "running traffic." 50/50 at best and the hutch area gets hammered with pressure.

10-Jan-24
I sent you a message.

• Sitka Gear