Buckdeer 11-Jan-24
Two dogs mobile 11-Jan-24
cherney12 11-Jan-24
Ironbow 11-Jan-24
Matte 11-Jan-24
Ksgobbler 11-Jan-24
Kansan 13-Jan-24
11-Jan-24
My wife is allergic to beef so we eat a lot of venison and elk. She also likes buffalo/bison, and we have looked at buying the meat, but it is pricey. There are a few outfits that offer “hunts” for cows. Some are pen shoots and one place says it has 3500 acres so it is an actual hunt. Take that for what it is worth. My wife doesn’t care if it is a pen hunt, she just wants the meat. I would at least like to have some hunting aspect with spooky animals. Anyone done this?

11-Jan-24
There are hunts in Co and Wy on big ranches but I haven't heard of any except over by Medicine Lodge on some of Ted Turners.We used to process a few from there every year.

11-Jan-24
I have heard that The Clover Cliff Ranch here in Chase County offers them. I know they have over a thousand buffalo/bison on the ranch. They raise them like cattle and feed them in a feed lot before sending them to the slaughter house. Do a Google search for The Clover Cliff Bed and Breakfast and this should get you contact info if you're interested.

11-Jan-24

cherney12's Link
Looks like they are doing hunts for $2900

11-Jan-24
I have been in touch with Clover Cliff. Just wondering if anyone has done this and what it was like.

There is a guy close to me that has them but it appears to be a pen shoot. Clover Cliff at least has a lot more ground.

11-Jan-24
I have killed one with a bow at The Crooked Creek ranch in Sw Kansas. It was a free hunt given to me by the famous JW Vanderpool. It was fun but not a challenging hunt. The meat is fantastic though. Tim Well's hunt is on youtube now.

11-Jan-24
Guy nearby raises them and we were joking about it. He said if you buy the animal I dont care how you kill the damn thing.

13-Jan-24
We have ~100 head on the family ranch. I might be able to get something worked out for you.

• Sitka Gear