Kansasclipper 22-Jan-24
Bwhnt 22-Jan-24
Dale06 22-Jan-24
Kansasclipper 22-Jan-24
bentstick54 23-Jan-24
16-Jan-24

Kansasclipper's embedded Photo
Always wanted a Rocky Mountain Recurve back in the 80's so Jess Stuart from Sierra Blanca Bows built me a RMR. Just got her last week. Its a 58 inch bow 37 lbs @ 28 inches. Bolivian Rosewood and Jatoba were the woods I chose. I went brown glass on the limbs since that is what most bows had back in the day. Hopefully it warms up so I can shoot some arrows with it. Plan on hunting turkeys with the new bow in Nebraska this spring.

16-Jan-24
Nice looking bow. Hope you enjoy it.

16-Jan-24
That’s a beauty! Good luck on the turkeys.

16-Jan-24
There is just something about shooting a recurve or longbow that compounds do not provide. Enjoy your new bow.

16-Jan-24
Looks great Jeff, hope you get one in close this Spring!

17-Jan-24
Yep good looking bow. Can’t wait to see some of the animals you take with it.

18-Jan-24
That bow is a work of art! Some things in life just have a beauty to them that escapes other things. A nice stick bow is one of them. Congrats and good luck with it.

18-Jan-24
It shoots great. My next venture is string making. Going to order a jig and all the supplies and give it a go

22-Jan-24
That is a fine looking bow.

22-Jan-24

It shoots pretty good at 18 yds.

22-Jan-24
I guess so! Good shooting

22-Jan-24
The bow didn’t shoot itself, nice shooting, clipper.

22-Jan-24
I'm getting used to it. It's really quiet shooting, no hand shock, and pretty quick. Not quite as smooth drawing as a 60 inch bow but pretty nice. However, it will be much more maneuverable in the deer and turkey woods and should be able to shoot it from one of my blinds for turkeys. It seems to cast a 443 grain arrow pretty good at 37 lbs. I have some 495 grain arrows to shoot through it tomorrow.

23-Jan-24
Nothing wrong with a group like that. I would not get carried away with arrow weight if it handles 443 grain arrows that well. That’s almost 12gpp already which in my opinion is already heavy.

• Sitka Gear