Bent arrow 12-Feb-24
Jaquomo 12-Feb-24
Bent arrow 13-Feb-24
Jaquomo 13-Feb-24
Hank_S 13-Feb-24
Jaquomo 13-Feb-24
Keepitreal 15-Feb-24
19-Jan-24
Looks like the gumballs who run ur state r workin to take hunting out of wildlife management. 2 bills introduced for ballot. No more cat hunting. Other is to prohibit taking of any of animal parts other then meat.

19-Jan-24
Knew about the cat initiative. Got a link to the other one?

20-Jan-24
Their efforts are not behind our back...they are right in front of us. A little bit at a time...

20-Jan-24
A little inaccuracy there.

There's the mountain lion hunt ban referendum we all know about.

Then there's a companion referendum which sets the mountain lion hunt to 2 weeeks, and nothing but meat can be kept by the hunter. Hide, head, etc must be surrendered to cpw (applies to cats only)

It's a real cluster

21-Jan-24
What's the status on bobcat hunting/trapping?

21-Jan-24
There is so many hidden things in this the word (Trophy )(dogs being used for hunting )if this pass there will be big changes in colorado hunting .I have been Racking my brain how to educate the nonhunting public

22-Jan-24
Imagine no more duck/goose hunting with your lab. No more pheasant hunting with your pointer, no more rabbit hunting with your beagle.

22-Jan-24

Keepitreal's Link
I stumbled across this while searching on the topic of if hunting videos hurt or help hunting.

The link goes to the MN DNR website under their "tips" section. Some good material to have on hand for informing the non hunting public about the who, what, when, where, and why questions that often go unanswered resulting in an uniformed and ignorant vote.

22-Jan-24

Keepitreal's Link
Sorry, this should be the valid link

22-Jan-24
https://dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/tips/myths.html

You'll have to copy and paste and if that don't work then nevermind.

22-Jan-24
Peco2. Until or IF the lion and bobcat ban is approved by Colorado voters in Nov., Lion hunting, bobcat hunting and trapping is still allowed until the 2025 season.

"Do hunting and trapping video's hurt hunting and trapping"? YES, then can be use to portray hunters and trappers as mindless, unethical takers of wildlife and they will show the worst of the worst to get their point across. Look up Cats Aren't Trophies and see the video's they are using to push their points. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Be it Initiative 91 or 101, both get at banning "trophy" or any mt lion and bobcat hunting.

This is all from the California Mt. Lion ban play book. Also look up Julie Marshall communications coordinator at the Center for Humane Economy. She states this "Colorado Initiative as support from about 50 states and national animal advocacy groups."

23-Jan-24
It's all about takin r huntin seasons. 1 at a time. Hunters need to get on the offensive and rally the troops. Help the organization that works for u.

12-Feb-24
My son has been tryin to educate and get support for this. Told me some have commented they don't hunt cats. So whats the big deal. With that attitude u have a big mountain to concure. Good luck. Everyone should remember this is just the start. All states r in their sights.

12-Feb-24
Considering that hunters make up about 3.5% of the overall population, we need a hell of a lot more than hunters on our side. That hasn't happened in CO on any wildlife-related ballot initiatives, ever.

13-Feb-24
Educate those in the middle. They r not for or against. Need the truth.

13-Feb-24
They'll get plenty of "education" in the form of TV ads showing cute orphaned kittens, hounds snarling and biting at lions shot out of trees, sad looking lions waiting to be shot by laughing hunters, "experts" stating how lions don't need to be hunted because they self-regulate, etc..

Meanwhile our side has some statistics, which will be questioned by the "experts", and which immediately turns off the nonhunting voters who vote solely on emotion.

Wait until you see the TV ads they have planned for the vote on bowhunting sometime in the future. Using our own YouTube videos...

13-Feb-24
“ Using our own YouTube videos...”

How true is that!!!

13-Feb-24
^^^ The EVP/COO of HSUS was laughing when he described how they were going to use our own videos against us. He didn't know I was a bowhunter when I interviewed him.

15-Feb-24
I'm pretty sure there should be a setting on video uploads to YouTube that will not allow anyone else to make a "short" using either footage or any audio from the video. Also a setting that won't allow embedding on other sites. But this problem might be impossible to circumvent across the YouTube hunting video empire.

I have a few videos on YouTube so I may be part of that problem. I only used it so I can have them play on my website or other websites selling a hunting product I make. I'm not what I'd call a YouTuber but I posted a video of the moose I got last year with the long bow. It hit 250k views at a rate of 30k views a day only 10 days into it. it was getting congratulations from around the globe in the comments with very few negative comments which I simply removed. Then YouTube dropped it like a dirty shirt after a short dispute in a conversation with someone who claimed to be pro hunting but was telling me that bow hunting was pure ego and was throwing out false statistics of wound rates vs rifle hunting and such Haha. I only used the moose video to try and bring traffic to my website which worked well for the time being. The video now gets less than 50 views a day and the website visits have slowed. After the fact I somewhat regret putting the moose video up and may remove it with the way this culture is headed. Just don't want to be part of the problem eh.

• Sitka Gear