Orion 02-Feb-24
Hank_S 02-Feb-24
Paul@thefort 03-Feb-24
Keepitreal 05-Feb-24
Keepitreal 05-Feb-24
Paul@thefort 07-Feb-24
21-Jan-24

Grasshopper's Link
If you look up the Cats aren't trophies group on Facebook, they are doing a webinar on Jan 30th for those interested. Be careful about making any comments on their FB page, they blocked me in nothing flat.

Interestingly, they have brought in disgraced former HSUS CEO Wayne Pacelle to assist. If you recall he resigned over sexual harassment accusations from multiple people, and so did a bunch of their board members in protest.

They sure are throwing out "trophy hunting" every chance they get, and firing up anti-hunting lunatics from out of state to donate funds.

Now is a good time to donate to www.savethehuntcolorado.com if you value your privilege to hunt.

If anyone attends the webinar, please let me know what kind of misinformation and emotional garbage they are pushing to the uniformed public.

21-Jan-24
I donated 100$ to savethehunt and I know other Colorado hunting groups. doing the same I suggest strongly, look up the original Colorado Ballot Initiative 91, and then the remake, Ballot Initiative 101 so you understand the challenge in front of us.

The choir, as we are, agree this ban is ill advised. It is the non hunter voter who needs to be educated, so learn as much as you can to defend our current state, and pass that information to your non hunting friends, family members, etc. Next November will show how strongly the hunting public took on this challenge. Check out the savethehunt website for information speaking points.

Not surprising, this movement is being taking right from the California play book banning mt lion hunting or having in ones position, any lion parts. Will this happen here in Colorado? Educate yourself and Speak out!

23-Jan-24
I sat in on their last one. it was kind of interesting to see their tactics. Their biggest push was signing up people to gather signatures, one of their next steps to getting this on the ballot.

I will be at a different sportsman's event on the 30th, so I will not be able to tune in to this one.

23-Jan-24
So far their tactics are undefeated. Soon we will see signature gatherers all over the state. In super market parking lots, zoos, downtown, even Walmart and they will sucker ill informed people to sign their petition. It will then go on the ballot, CPW will have a gag order. The governor and his husband will push for it and bingo bango we are no better than California anymore. Sad but true. I'm guessing multi millions will be flooded in from California for their campaign.

23-Jan-24
Come on Ryan. Think positive!

24-Jan-24
I would like to know what Ziek thinks? How’s his governor now

25-Jan-24

JDM's Link
CPW and the their Commission just put out big cat info prior to their hands being tied by a ballot initiative. But only after being badgered by CWCP to do so. Pretty good three pager of how CO manages cats, and dispels much of what the other side will be trying to selling. Hope this get out far and wide prior to it getting on the ballot.

25-Jan-24
Problem is even if the other side sees it they don't care. The other issue is the gag order that gets put on CPW. Ridiculous that biologist aren't allowed to comment.

25-Jan-24
Look this up and see who is fighting the battle:

Colorado Wildlife Conservation Project. 20 different organizations https://www.cowildlifeconservationproject.org The Wildlife Conservation Project (CWCP) is an alliance of diverse wildlife organizations with a common interest in conserving wildlife and wildlife habitats, ...

25-Jan-24
Typical CPW - Too little, too late

25-Jan-24

Keepitreal's Link
If cpw bio's can't comment right now. Can the public use cpw documents and publications to help tell the truth?

I know you can find a lot of regular boring cat information on the cpw website. Stuff that we all know, but the general public don't. Can we use the publication info and post it around areas that would congregate the uniformed? It may not get pulled off the bulletin board at trader Joe's if it has the CPW badge on it. Idk just trying to think of ways to inform folks.

Not sure if the link will work but it's the cpw cat FAQ publication. I think these cpw publications say a lot about why we need to be able to hunt the cats... especially the part about using hounds and it's effectiveness with preserving the female population. That's a major part of their argument and proof that hound hunting actually helps that.

Sorry I didn't see it was already linked before

26-Jan-24
No brain dead Front Range voters who need to read this pamphlet will ever see it. They'll get all their info from CATs and social media.

27-Jan-24
Hopefully someone with more resources like CRWM and other wildlife orgs that we all should have donated to will be proactive enough and at the right time.

Seems like the average guy can't do much but donate, sit back, and watch.

I'm just trying to figure out a way myself to get the right info in front of the ignorant knowing that we're dealing with cognizant dissonance in a ton of people already which means they are unable to accept information even if it is far more truthful than what they have been told or currently believe, because they have thought that way for so long. Brainwashed is the more common word for it.

Maybe just download the publication to your phone and have it handy the next time the conversation comes up so you can quickly send it to others so they can read and hear the unbiased viewpoint the cpw is offering.

The publication is an excellent resource and a good response that hopefully those who have dedicated effort to fight the initiative will use it and get it out there at the right time. It's probably too early to push the issue as people could forget about it by November.

Anyways, I agree, it will definitely take some diplomacy to get the truth in front of the brain dead on the front lines.

27-Jan-24
According to a 2006 mail survey, 1200 surveys, 30% response rate. DOW, :The hunting of mountain lions is a fractious issue. Respondents are split on this issue, with 47 percent supporting legal and regulated hunting and 41 percent opposed to it. Those who were opposed to it were more likely to feel strongly about this issue (18 percent strongly support hunting, and 24 percent strongly oppose it). In response to a question about whether or not mountain lion hunting should be banned, 46 percent disagreed with a ban, while 34 percent agreed with a ban. Source: Exhibit 10 in Statewide Report and Exhibit 10-1 in Technical Report Support for mountain lion hunting also varies strongly by demographic and behavioral group. Men are much more likely to support it than women, frequent outdoors people are more likely to support it than people with lower activity levels, and rural/suburban people are more likely to support it than urban people. Source: Exhibit 10 in Statewide Report and Exhibits, 10-1, 10-4, and 10-5 in Technical Report

So out of 3.2 million Colorado voters, 1200 were surveyed.

28-Jan-24
Gotta love 18 year old data. That’ll show em

28-Jan-24
Colorado was still a red state in 2006. Bill Owens was governor. My, how things have changed, and quickly.

28-Jan-24
An 18 year old survey was the best that could be posted???

29-Jan-24
Is Paul still looking for current data? It might take a while the last mountain lion meeting we had down here last spring they admitted that they hadn't adjusted the quotas in over 12 years so that might be as current as you can find.

30-Jan-24
Over the weekend at Keystone

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/colorado-mountain-lion-attack-dog-keystone/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_source_platform=pinpoint&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=LocalNewsFlash&utm_id=TG9jYWxOZXdzRmxhc2gyMDI0LTAxLTMwIDA3OjAwOjAw&utm_term=2024-01-30

30-Jan-24
Too bad the chat is disabled. Wow this Wayne Pacelle is an idiot. He thinks we can kill lynx in CO with our packs of hounds.

30-Jan-24
The misinformation is ridiculous. We are so screwed.

30-Jan-24
Send Julie an email. [email protected]. Her and "everyone else in Grand Lake" are shocked as why people are allowed to trophy hunt mountain lions.

30-Jan-24
Another lie...........

Anonymous Attendee 7:40 PM how is CPW responding to all of this ?

Julie Marshall 7:40 PM great question, they are officially staying neutral, as a public government agency should

30-Jan-24
Petitions being printed as we speak. They are available tomorrow for signature gatherer's. Yeah!

31-Jan-24
I heard he was confronted the other day by the baby killer petition to be on the ballot. Told that person no thanks. This ballot gather out I will actually interact with

31-Jan-24
When your moral compass is pointing the wrong way then that's the way you go. Seared consciences tends to depraved minds.

31-Jan-24

cptbs's embedded Photo
cptbs's embedded Photo

31-Jan-24
Mountain lion makes a very tasty Italian sausage.

02-Feb-24
Welp the petition is hitting the streets.

02-Feb-24

Hank_S's Link
https://pagetwo.completecolorado.com/2024/02/02/out-of-state-money-anti-hunting-ballot-measure/

03-Feb-24
Hank, thanks for post this. Clarification, Ballot Initiative 91 is now Initiative 101 and has been re written, excluding the word Trophy from the heading although it does include the word trophy within the text. This new rewrite, includes a two week lion hunt (no dogs or electronic devices) but except for the meat that the hunter can utilize, all other part must be turned over to the CPW. DA!!! This initiative is coming from the California Lion ban 30 years ago, play book. I suggest all of us to Google Search, Colorado Ballot Initiative 101, Mt lion. and read the language.

05-Feb-24
I was forwarded an email this weekend from the Colo outfitters association. In it was stated that the opposition has pulled 101 and they are running with initiative 91 now. Could anyone clarify that for us?

05-Feb-24

Keepitreal's Link
Also in that email it said there is an issues committee formed for this ballot initiative. It is called Wildlife Deserve Better. www.wildlifedeservebetter.com

Also from the email....There was a very good update and tutorial from Mark Truax of Pacwest on the Lion hunting ban initiative. This is the company contracted by CRWM to run the Lion campaign. Also, the company that ran the Coloradans Protecting Wildlife Campaign for the Wolf vote. While the wolf campaign ultimately was not wholly successful. Statistically, they moved the vote 17% in our favor. If “we” had funded more and begun earlier, we may have closed that 1.8% of the vote we lacked to beat the wolf initiative.

07-Feb-24
Confirmed, Ballot Initiative 91 is back, less the wording "trophies" in the title, and signatures will being gathered, deadline July 15

The redo of 91, ie, Ballot Initiative 101 has been scrapped.

• Sitka Gear