Steveeg 25-Jan-24
23-Jan-24

Wilgabeast's embedded Photo
It all came together tonight …. Today about 10:40 I get an alert from my cell cam I hung in December for predator season. It was a picture of a big bobcat . I requested an Hd photo. About an hour later the Hd photo came. Not only was it a big bobcat but it was actually two!

I texted my buddy saying I doubt they’d cross the road before dark and asked if he wanted to join me for his first ever predator hunt . Told him two sets of eyes is necessity on a bobcat stand . He agreed and the plan was set . We got set up around 4 I set him up the ridge in the direction I was sure they’d most likely come from . And I covered the low side thicket from a ridge about 15 yeds to his rite …. I start calling for a few minutes ,I’m 9:55 in when my phone vibrates with a text from my friend that says “in field” so I adjust my position quickly to favor the field side . A few seconds later I see a flash of movement big four legged animal moving quickly from rite to left towards call. I get down on the rifle out the scope up and it’s a big pine tree . What ever it was stopped rite there . I waited a few minutes and muted the call. Jay said when I did that the cat jumped up onto a downed log to get a look towards the call . He had a wide open 70-75 yard shot broadside and he let the 22 magnum eat. Cat dropped like a stone!!!! Great hunt with a great friend .

I’ve been calling predators for years and wanted a cat bad for 3 seasons now . Have came close but never found one I had shot two seasons ago. Incredible his first hunt one walks rite in his lap

23-Jan-24
Nice cat. Congrats. Can feel the adrenalin in your story. Good work

23-Jan-24
Nice, congrats Wilga, cool looking creature up close!

23-Jan-24
Very cool ! Congrats

23-Jan-24
Congratulations beautiful bobcat a truly magnificent creature!

23-Jan-24
Congrats. Small female? Weight?

23-Jan-24
Nice Wilga !!!

24-Jan-24
Small female 21 lbs

24-Jan-24
Very cool. Congrats.

24-Jan-24
Congrats!

24-Jan-24
a beautiful animal and a nice hunt.

24-Jan-24
Congratulations! What do you do with it now? Just asking.

24-Jan-24
Get a full mount with a drakevwood duck in the mouth is my idea

24-Jan-24
Awesome I have called in more cats than coyotes the last few years always neat to watch them stalk you. I once had one come in and would go from tree to tree and by the time I saw it it was 15 feet away and spotted me.

24-Jan-24
Do you shoot them spike ?

24-Jan-24
I don't get it. I know I know I'm an outcast but shooting a bobcat or a coyote does nothing for me.

24-Jan-24
The first one I shot was a small female and got her mounted. I said ok no more cats and then I called in a huge bobcat and said Ef it shot him but never found him. I tracked it for a ways in the snow. When I shot he turned at the last second and I guess I hit him bad. I say him because he was an absolute giant.

24-Jan-24
I’d like a hand warmer thing made from bobcat or coyote fur

25-Jan-24
Nice work Wilga

25-Jan-24
Congrats. I’ve chased them with a cage/ trapping without success. Be safe and enjoy the challenge. There’s nothing easy about fooling those predators.

• Sitka Gear