peterk1234 05-Apr-24
Wilgabeast 05-Apr-24
Wilgabeast 05-Apr-24
27-Jan-24

Wilgabeast's embedded Photo
Well this mornings first stand made it 3 stands in a row and 3 dead predators …. Made a last second decision to drive by what use to be my favored calling spots but was posted up the last 5 years . Heard there was an owner change so I took a ride by and all posted signs were gone now . Assuming new owners aren’t hunters like the old ones …. So I park walk in250 yards to the field edge. Walk50 yards into the field up wind and set the cal and decoy up… walk back to my stool, set up my bipod get set up . Turn the call on 14 volume on eastern coytaintail … pull my phone out to video the set up like I do everysit… so I start the video scanning the field from left to rite , stop at the call zoom in on decoy then back out and continue panning …. I notice a white dot in the video …. Big coyote 200 yards out less than 15 seconds after call turned on… I drop my phone pull up the scope and settle and shoot . She drops like a rock… I pick one up running away full speed switch to pup distress 3 and he won’t stop… the second one I couldn’t get a shot at was ALL BLACK! I didn’t see him untill after I shot the first … what an incredible fast action hunt . First kill with the new 22-250. Ranged her from my stool and she laid at 177 yards . Entry rite behind the ear and exit was…. Well you can see

27-Jan-24
Take it there wasn’t much movement after that trigger got touched. Love the 22-250 for a predator round

27-Jan-24
Nice shot. She didn't feel a thing.

27-Jan-24
Wow, that’s an exit wound!

27-Jan-24
Those 22-250 rounds make a mess when encountering bone… shoot the black one behind the shoulder. Full body mount

27-Jan-24
Lights out for that 'yote .The quick death a consummation to be wished.

27-Jan-24
Yup the 22-250 is great for out west but MA a bit too much lol. That’s why I decided on a 22 Hornet not as explosive.

27-Jan-24
You are a straight up killing machine Wilga

27-Jan-24
I mean at the end of the day I’m hunting em to kill ‘em . And I’ll still make use of this pelt for sure it’s a beautiful pelt . Just won’t have a head on this one lol. 22-250 is great when you put it through the chest . Shoot them anywhere but the shoulder when broadside and you’re in good shape . Unfortunately all I could see of this one was mid chest up to her head cuz she was on the roll of a hill… I’m very happy with how the stand went!

28-Jan-24
Man 's fascination with death encompasses all his own weaknesses : happiness and sorrow, power and frailty, stealth and bumbling, courage mixed with a fear that someday he may have a confrontation with his own mortality. As we approach that dead deer lying in the snow surrounded by a mosaic of its own blood there is an "otherness" about it that we , if only for a moment, relate to. We realize we are not exempt. It's one of hunting's powerful lessons that we are all protein for the gods.

28-Jan-24
Great shot congratulations!

28-Jan-24
22-250 the perfect round. No damage unless bone is hit. Good choice pal

28-Jan-24
Unless bone is hit. Hmmmm. So I'm assuming your a big fan of the Texas heart shot.

28-Jan-24
Only turkey season lunk lol

29-Jan-24
Such a delightful picture to post.

30-Jan-24
bjs, it's just an acute case of seborrheic dermatitis. Wilga cured it.

30-Jan-24

Headed out after work . Just got a picture of a big big kitty

30-Jan-24
Not sure what that is Big. But a real sportsmen would never post a picture like that. I'm not looking to argue. Hunt coyote deer bobcat whatever you want that's cool. Just no need to post a gruesome picture of the animal. And I know by the private messages I got from people alot of you agree. I just happen to say it out loud

30-Jan-24
I’ll just say lol to that .

30-Jan-24
Thank you for proving my point.

30-Jan-24
Bj, did you see the pic that Pat posted a couple years back of a coyote that he shot in the forehead? Eyeballs were popping out both sides. Dead is dead. This one died instantly and humanely. The pic also shows the effectiveness of the bullet and placement. If you're squeamish, maybe hunting isn't right for you.

30-Jan-24
Lmao Brian. Yes I'm very squeamish that's why I disagree with the picture. It's pictures like this that give hunters a bad name. Now if you guys want to defend the picture that's fine its you choice. I just think as hunters we should do better than showing an animals head half blown off. And if that makes me squeamish or a pussy then so be it. Again show a little respect for the animals life you just took.

30-Jan-24
Find it odd that only zones 1-8 get to hunt bobcat without a limit. but other zones are closed.

30-Jan-24
I will support the right to post normal hunting photos such as this, as well as acknowledge a common sense approach to not giving hunting a bad name in a democracy. People who hate hunting vote. Public opinion matters. It’s still important to have a space to share hunting success and get feedback from peers. Many people forget there are lurkers and “public” who might read this years into the future. Or some people don’t care, which is valid, too. At least it is respectful objection and a respectful response.

30-Jan-24
Be proud of your accomplishments and wack that other fat cat!

30-Jan-24
22-250 is hungry again. The benelli is starving though ….

30-Jan-24
Called in a 200 lb shed hunter tonight lol

31-Jan-24
How long is a calling episode? And how long do you wait between episodes? And how many episodes before you move to a different spot?

31-Jan-24

Jay is now 2 for 2. He’s been on two predator hunts ever and has now shot a bobcat and giant blonde coyote . Called a double investigation into 5 YARDS yes 5. They popped out of the thicket to our left at 5 yardd . You could say jay was excited because with 3 shots he only got one . He was shaking after this one! He’s hooked . Such a fun hunt and awesome to be able to show my friend why I’ve been in love with predator calling for the last few years

31-Jan-24
Yup predator hunting is either real exciting or nothing comes in no in between. Starting to get yotes on cam at my deer spots I may go out Saturday.

31-Jan-24
Congratulations Jay beautiful yote!

31-Jan-24
Is that a savage model 99 he used?

31-Jan-24
What a trophy pic!!!

01-Feb-24
He’s holding his 22 magnum . But he used my benelli m2 with hevi shot dead coyote t shot. That’s a devistating combo out to 55 yaeds

01-Feb-24
.22 mag Marlin ? beautiful color phase pelt for a trophy room

01-Feb-24
I think blonde is the most common color I shoot in Massachusetts

03-Feb-24

Jebediah's embedded Photo
Took inspiration from you, Wilga, and armed with my mouth call from Amazon I gave it a shot last night. Saw no coyotes, but lots of fun and got some fresh air. Also got this nice picture of my foot.

03-Feb-24
As you can see, the foot is a dark brown color. This is the most common color of foot that I photograph in New Hampshire.

03-Feb-24
Lol I just got done calling 3 beautiful private farms that are never called unless I’m there … coyote and cat tracks all over all 3 of them … and we didn’t see a thing . Predator hunting is so tough sometimes

03-Feb-24
Predator hunting will humble even the best very quickly. We just got some trapping equipment for NY. Heading up Thursday for a few days!

03-Feb-24
Careful in NY mapa lots of illegals running around up there lol

03-Feb-24
ma pa, you got #3 coil spring for 'yotes ? Good luck

03-Feb-24
We just got our ar15 rifles working at 200 yards. Finally found the right round. Gotta make a DOPE card then it's coyote time.

Well done Wilga. Keep posting your pics, this is a hunting website, after all. Are you doing any nighttime hunting? I'm contemplating night vision if we get more serious about this.

We were rabbit hunting yesterday (got a cottontail) and the yotes were going off at dusk.

03-Feb-24
Trapping in NY using tacos or burritos is illegal. For yotes that is.

03-Feb-24
Baaaaahahahaha Lunk

03-Feb-24
I just purchased a fixed magazine 556 lower Peter … in mass you can only hunt with a 22 lr at night for rifle . But can use up to 38 caliber pistol . And with a fixed magazine and a pistol brace in mass it’s considered a pistol. I’ll be purchasing a pulsar thermal and next season I’ll be set up for night time! I can’t wait .

04-Feb-24
Ma-Pa, I run a mouse trapline out in the shed. It takes a lot of pelts to make a coat.

04-Feb-24
Wilga im guessing when they wrote that law they meant .38 type revolver like a Special. I’m not saying you won’t get away with the AR pistol but I’m guessing 98% of law enforcement doesn’t even know that there are AR pistols.

04-Feb-24
Actually FIXED MAG ar pistols are hugely common in Massachusetts now . The fixed mag is the main element that classifies it as a pistol. Along with the use of a pistol brace instead of a stock and a barrel no longer than a certain length . It is 100% within the law both federally and on a state level for the AWB. Look up the jc arms case , they just received the first successful Massachusetts court case fighting the assault weapons ban . The owner of jc arms paid for the man’s lawyer fees and beat it in court . Look into them , law enforcement knows about them because I called and spoke to chief of police in a town next to me about completing a legal build for night hunting and he aided me in deciding what to purchase. If you were to build a fixed mag ar with a below 16.5 inch barrel and put a shoulder stock on it instead of a pistol brace you’d be in risk of being federally charged for a SBR(short barre rifle )

04-Feb-24
I was thinking along the same lines as spike. By way of a loosely-related example: I had a neighbor years ago that shot a deer (shotgun) in the woods behind his house, completely legal, and a neighbor called the police. The police showed up and told him he was in violation of the 5000-foot setback. Yup 5000. Fortunately that one wasn’t too challenging to refute.

04-Feb-24
Oh there’s definitely some law enforcement out there who do not know the laws of this state . But either way I know the laws and statutes pertaining to this subject atleast

17-Feb-24

Decree ti's embedded Photo
Call wasn’t going off for more than 45 seconds and this giant male was down. Came flying in hit the mute button he froze and the .243 ate. Weighed 52lbs and he’s going to be a full body mount.
Decree ti's embedded Photo
Call wasn’t going off for more than 45 seconds and this giant male was down. Came flying in hit the mute button he froze and the .243 ate. Weighed 52lbs and he’s going to be a full body mount.

17-Feb-24
Love that !

17-Feb-24
Pretty coat. Massive dog!

18-Feb-24
Decree....52lb brute....that mount will be spectacular

18-Feb-24
Periodically across the valley, in the evening primarily, I hear a pack making tons of noise. Hard to know if it’s 3 or 30 coyotes. Probably closer to 3. Regardless—does it ever happen that more than one coyote comes in to a call? Seems like that could become “extra exciting.”

18-Feb-24
Jeb have had five come in at once .

18-Feb-24
Yikes. I think that would be scary.

18-Feb-24
No was ok had rifles.it was a complete screw up on my part. Was with my brother, I hadn't used his call before did not bring my glasses started calling I looked at remote to see next sequence.i looked up to have them running right at us.i pulled up and missed one , a second one circled back and my brother shot at the dog started spinning and ran off.he gut shot it.tracked it for a long while found three beds with blood.never found it.two things if you start calling pay attention , and shoot them further forward than you would a deer.they are tough animals.

18-Feb-24
Heading out in morning for 3 stands

18-Feb-24
Heading out in morning for 3 stands

19-Feb-24
Anyone wanna come be a designated rifle guy or shotgun guy? Would have definitely got one probably two big dogs this morning if I had a partner and one of us had the shotgun in our hands . Heard a stick snap turn my head and two big dogs at 5-10 yards behind me and they took off like a bat out of hell but if I had the shotgun in my hands instead of my rifle I certainly could have rolled atleast one probably both of em

19-Feb-24
That’s pretty neat. Coyotes at 5 yards behind you would certainly get the heart pumping. We have now completely gone over to the dark side and are trying our hand at baiting them. When the sap's not really running, and you’re terrified of ice fishing, this is what you’re left with, I guess.

19-Feb-24
Baiting can be very effective . I have a friend who kills 60+ predators a season on a backyard bait pile

20-Feb-24

Bobcat stopped by the bait last night. Bobcats are a no-go in NH. Nice to see, regardless. Hope he enjoyed his snack.

20-Feb-24

20-Feb-24
Wow!!

20-Feb-24
No leaving a deer overnight there

20-Feb-24
Even after bait is gone coyotes will revisit the spot for a while.

20-Feb-24
Get those fawn killers wilga

20-Feb-24

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
In my opinion predator hunting makes deer hunting look easy

20-Feb-24

drslyr's embedded Photo
Wrong pic
drslyr's embedded Photo
Wrong pic
drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
So immediately after i typed this post the pics start rolling in from the bait pile. A raccoon comes in. He gets chased up the tree by the coyote. The coyote leaves and the raccoon comes back down the tree.

20-Feb-24

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
This was supposed to be the first pic

17-Mar-24
Here’s an update on baiting coyotes, just my limited experience: we have had two baits out for about a month. Both have been exclusively road-kill deer carcasses (wired to tree). And my observation is that coyotes will come by for a look—but they are skittish, and not a single picture of coyote touching bait. On the other hand, the bobcats absolutely cannot resist—they will sit on that carcass until they gnaw off a big piece that they can drag away. Bobcats are off-limits in NH. So basically, we’re feeding bobcats. Also: yes, warden, I do have salvage tags for these deer. I had talked to my local warden (great guy, very patient) about accessing deer carcasses, and he told me to call nearby police departments and get myself on their “road-kill lists.” So I did add my name to the list in several towns—to my surprise in multiple cases I was asked, “just deer—or including moose and bears?” Just deer for me, thank you. So, I thought it would be great if I got a phone call about a deer in the coming days or possibly weeks. Coyote baiting goes until April 15. I got on the first list about 1PM. And at 7PM that day—six hours later—I had my first deer in the truck. That was the first of multiple phone calls and multiple deer. I’ll confess that it crossed my mind that these road-kill lists are a heck of a lot easier than hunting…

17-Mar-24
Hasn’t happened, but I thought it would be neat if a bear stopped by these baits, just nice to see. I assume they’re up and about now, and probably hungry.

17-Mar-24
Jeb. As you get older you get wiser !! Work smarter not harder. Hahah

17-Mar-24

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo

05-Apr-24

peterk1234's embedded Photo
peterk1234's embedded Photo
The wind screwed us last night. But it was beautiful out and it was a great test run. My AR is tuned out to 400 meters. Even my reloads are accurate to that range. Now we just need the wind to cooperate, and for the yotes to react to the call. Maybe next week.

05-Apr-24
Get em Pete

05-Apr-24
Get em Pete

• Sitka Gear