Jebediah 01-Feb-24
MA-PAdeerslayer 01-Feb-24
Big Dog 02-Feb-24
Arrownoob 06-Feb-24
Will 06-Feb-24
Arrownoob 06-Feb-24
Blood 06-Feb-24
29-Jan-24
I noticed xop has 20% off. They make a pretty cool hang on called retrograde. 6lbs and has 2 straps. I want a mobile set up for my son next year and thought this might be good for him to stand hunt and maybe me to saddle hunt. Anyone ever use this? They have a cheap saddle on there that’s also a full body harness. You can saddle hunt of connect like a trad safety harness. It’s $120 so tempting, since I already have some old sticks for him.

30-Jan-24
Friend of mine got the Retrograde last year Noob. He loves it. Still mostly saddle hunts, but if he thinks he will be in longer than 3hrs he uses the Retrograde and has really enjoyed it.

30-Jan-24
That saddle/harness thing is really intriguing. And the price is remarkable.

30-Jan-24
Jeb the comfort level looks sketchy but I don’t want to buy a $1000 saddle set up for my son. (Saddle, sticks, ropes, platform.) I might buy a sweet lightweight hangon for my son and take it back when he goes to college tho. My son is 15 and was forged in Covid when there was literally nothing else to do. I dragged him out a few times and he fell asleep waiting for the sun to come up. My younger one doesn’t have any interest in shooting a turkey right in the face, which confuses me. He’s 12. What 12 year Old wouldn’t want to shoot a turkey? Anyway- seems like that harness and hangon seems interesting.

30-Jan-24
Well I just bought the stand, mondo, backpack straps and some attachment straps. Let’s see how it goes!

31-Jan-24
Hopefully better than “dad I don’t wanna hunt this year” otherwise you got some new stuff noob! Lol

31-Jan-24
The “suspender” part of that saddle would be nice for keeping it from sliding down while walking. Also safer, I suspect. And could get rid of our collection of conventional harnesses. Very tempted…

31-Jan-24
Jeb - in 22, I got the basic suspenders Tetherd sells. They are just sorta stretchy suspenders that go into the molle loops on your saddle. Frankly, out of all the damn money I've spent getting my saddle set up to a place I like it, that 30 or 40 bucks was the best money I spent. They are AWESOME!

31-Jan-24
The mondo seems to satisfy some things for me: -This year we used the cheap free safety harness and it sucked. - saddles are not fall arrest systems. -saddles fall when walking and it gets worse with adding weight -saddles and ropes are expensive This thing allows for stand hunting with a dorsal attachment as well as hip rings for a bridge. Comes with lineman’s belt, tether, and bridge. It won’t fall when walking. It’s $120.

31-Jan-24
It would be neat if those hang-on stands where you can adjust the level actually had a little built-in bubble level. Maybe some do, I don’t know.

31-Jan-24
What are you placing a full champagne coupe there while you hunt?

31-Jan-24
You’re seriously trying to tell me you hunt without champagne?

31-Jan-24
Got to hydrate and propose toasts to chickadees

31-Jan-24
I thought you drank champagne from a flute???

31-Jan-24
Not in a treestand, obviously. A flute would be crazy. Treestand champagne is drunk from a trombone.

01-Feb-24
I bet u could get a little bubble level and super glue it to the side if u wanted

01-Feb-24

Cougar's embedded Photo
Cougar's embedded Photo

01-Feb-24
Even the magnet would probably be fine, maybe even better. Noob joking aside when I’m using my climber and it winds up not really level, which is most of the time, it drives me nuts.

01-Feb-24
That cannot be calculated at the base of the tree. All I do is estimate the difference in thickness and exaggerate angle accordingly. Don’t you bring a water bottle? You can rest the Nalgene on the stand and see.

01-Feb-24
Or your eyeball. Unless your crooked

01-Feb-24
Nope, I bring my water in a flute. And my champagne in a trombone.

01-Feb-24
A champagne flute….a fancy class. You musical enthusiast

02-Feb-24
Cougar, champagne's got bubbles that will eventually level ya, LOL.

06-Feb-24

Arrownoob's embedded Photo
Arrownoob's embedded Photo
I got that stand and the backpack straps. It’s 7 pounds. My sticks are pretty heavy but he’s stuck with them for a year until we upgrade. Technology keeps getting better and prices might be better too.

06-Feb-24
Sweet stand Noob!

06-Feb-24
There are 4 bits of metal in the platform that I can’t figure out what they are for. Does anyone know? There’s two closer together near the tree and two near the cable connections. You Can see them in the photo.

06-Feb-24
Those are just T posts to lash your gear to your stand if you want to. That stand is small!

• Sitka Gear