Pi 07-Feb-24
Will 07-Feb-24
Arrownoob 07-Feb-24
Will 08-Feb-24
Huntskifishcook 08-Feb-24
Pi 08-Feb-24
MA-PAdeerslayer 08-Feb-24
06-Feb-24
My kids had to write a "rant" for English class in school. My daughter wrote a rant about a vegan "Karen" upset an ice cream stand didn't have vegan ice cream. One of her "roasts" was something like: "You probably think deer die in a hospital surrounded by their family, no Karen, they just die in the woods, like all the other animals"

I don't think I should be proud or concerned the teacher will be contacting me shortly.

06-Feb-24
Proud... for sure! Keep up the good work Will!

06-Feb-24
Will at least she didn’t ask if a bear shits in the woods !!! Keep raising her right !!

06-Feb-24
She's sounds intelligent . Kudos to Will and wife.

06-Feb-24
Proud as hell!!! I’d cherish that phone call!

06-Feb-24
I don’t think you’ll get a call. Seems normal.

07-Feb-24
They asked for it...

Free speech and all that.

My buddy used to teach violin in your neck o' the woods. The kids asked why they can't be in the upcoming exhibition. He said, "cause you all kinda suck. ".

Oh Lordy, lordy ... Triggered a major Karen convention, a meltdown. It was a transitional time. Maybe No one sucks anymore ! Dunno. But I suspect they do.

07-Feb-24
One of my son’s friends changed a teachers tire for him. He’s 16. The funny thing is the teacher has AAA but didn’t know how to call them or how it worked. Teacher drove 6 miles on a flat

07-Feb-24
One of my son’s friends changed a teachers tire for him. He’s 16. The funny thing is the teacher has AAA but didn’t know how to call them or how it worked. Teacher drove 6 miles on a flat

07-Feb-24
My son’s 4th grade teacher had heart attack when I told her he would miss school for opening day of waterfowl season. She was mortified that I would let him shoot a gun and kill ducks. I told her it was all part of a well rounded education.

This was over thirty years ago. If it happened today I’d have DCS knocking at the door.

07-Feb-24
Well, it's been a day, and no call... I think I'm safe :) ha ha ha.

BC... Out here in the sticks, in high school I was the treasurer and then 2 term (I think) president of my schools "fish and game club". We had an annual trap shoot, archery shoot, fishing derby, ice fishing derby, and so long as the teachers signed off that we got our work done in advance, we could take the first day of deer shotgun season off without being considered "absent".

The club still exists and does most of that stuff. They added a canoe trip to the boundary waters to fish and camp in the summer though, I'm sad I missed that. That would have been amazing to do!

07-Feb-24
Some states (I think?) still have schools closed for first day of deer season. Not too many years ago, in eastern Mass, my sons teacher whipped out his phone (at school) and started showing me pictures of his hog hunting adventure in Texas. These weren’t “pretty sunset” pictures. I was terrified he was going to get fired, on one hand. On the other hand, it points up that there’s more of a variety of outlooks in Mass than one might initially think.

07-Feb-24
Will, Jeb, where I am we’re loaded with lefties. And it’s only gotten worse. I just keep doing what I do.

07-Feb-24
My kids are just getting to school age but I'm annoyed by the process already... the teachers take 2 Fridays and 2 half days on Wed every month plus the breaks and Mon holidays but if I want to jeep my kid home it's very important they don't miss too much??? Eff off

07-Feb-24
As a former teacher/ counselor / Dorm parent, In private school. I must say, it is the easiest and most rewarding job if you like helping kids become less stupid.

One day soon, the need for actual teachers are likely to fall away in support of mostly remote learning. There will still be tutorship or private lessons, but I see the system and its ridiculous organizations becoming obsolete. And, they are doing it to themselves. Schools and local teachers will become as necessary as books in a public library. Dusty relics.

07-Feb-24
Cougar - the professional development days can be a PITA for parents. That said, I'm glad the teachers do it. I want them as trained and current on the science and practice of pedagogy as possible. That's my kid I want to leave school loving learning, and having learned the basics that facilitate more complex learning down the road. So I want them as well trained as possible.

07-Feb-24
Will- I’m taking my older son and 3 other scouts on that boundary waters trip. We are bringing fishing gear and heading into Quetico. Any tips on lures? I’m guessing spoons and spinners.

08-Feb-24
Noob, I was aged out before that trip started, so sadly I'm not sure. I've fished close to there, north west of Duluth... But only with the fly. That said, anything that pike and SMB's will eat here, they will eat there... And walleye too. spinners and spoons would work, but if I could only take one "trad gear" item, it would be curly tail grubs in 3-5" length, probably white, chartreuse and gray or "smoke" in color. Fished on a 1/16-1/4 oz jig head, you can catch any fish, anywhere in the country. I can definitely attest to bass, pike and walleye from a bit further south in MN eating the heck out of that lure.

08-Feb-24
Will, that's awesome!

Pi, I had a chef in Culinary school, Chef Andre. In a thick French accent he told our class he is not a chef, he's just a cook, because chefs have reliable cooks who work under them and he's stuck us. He had many one liners that would likely result in his termination nowadays, but I still recount all those moments quite fondly.

08-Feb-24
...And to think , back then ( in a world not long ago) that didn't offend you as much as motivate you.

That worked and now this sweet talking ( non- truth talking ) is making our good nation competitive with 3rd world countries.

Oh well ,at least the losers feel safe :(

08-Feb-24
I had a kid threaten to quit today and collect unemployment because I asked him if he knew anything in the plumbing and gas code book….idk what’s worse… not knowing anything in the books or thinking you can quit and get unemployment…

• Sitka Gear