crestedbutte 02-Mar-24
sitO 02-Mar-24
keepemsharp 03-Mar-24
keepemsharp 03-Mar-24
MDW 04-Mar-24
KsRancher 04-Mar-24
keepemsharp 04-Mar-24
07-Feb-24
KBA banquet and convention in Manhattan Feb. 23 24 25, see KBA web site for details.

07-Feb-24

sitO's Link
Here's a link to the KBA website

22-Feb-24

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
Here is the schedule. With all the bogus House Bills currently in play, the 1-3pm session on Sat. ought to be a doozie.

Hope to see a bunch of you guys from Bowsite. If you do make it out, make sure to look me up. Would be great to meet ya!!!

23-Feb-24
Packing the truck now. Only bringing ten boxes of my collection this year.

23-Feb-24

Got a pile of freshly smoked deer jerky that I am bring to the Convention. Might be the best I have ever made? Make sure to hit me up!!!

23-Feb-24
Listen, I'm stuck in Des Moines, but if Jason comes up on you from behind with his jerky... he's really not happy to see you...that's just an olive fork in his pocket ;?)

23-Feb-24
Don’t tell me Kyle you’re going to miss another one. You better be there for Saturday night at least.

I’m already in Kansas and my rowdy half is flying in to Manhattan there at 11:00 tonight. Jason has been talking smack to her…we’ll see how she handles this. I reckon he might be making her a sandwich out of that jerky:?)

23-Feb-24
Nope, didn't realize the dates had changed again until it was too late. Gotta work now so I can have the Fall off again.

Y'all have fun, and celebrate Charlie for me!

23-Feb-24
Kyle, I think some Yukon Jack in his honor would be fitting.

23-Feb-24
All work and no play, makes Kyle a dull boy! Good to visit with you today!

23-Feb-24
Some would say I'm a "dolt"? Good catching up with you too bro

24-Feb-24

Me rock’in my MAHA hat at Convention that my awesome wife made!!!! Most get it and obviously some don’t. Will be wearing it at an upcoming Commission Mtg. during public comment portion. Let’s GO!!

25-Feb-24
Charlie introduced me to Yukon Jack many moons ago. RIP

25-Feb-24
If I remember correctly, Jerry Keller, Ron Smith, and Charlie Stevens were the ones that developed the Scholarship Program. They are all gone now and the KBA will miss all their contributions.

26-Feb-24
Thank you to all involved in setting up the banquet arrangements, setting up the displays, working the displays at convention, contributing items to the auction and raffle, the MC with bad dad jokes, the EC efforts etc.

Now a little feedback......

I enjoyed the day visiting with old and new friends. I personally did not miss a guest speaker at the banquet. I hope not everyone got stuck in the East elevator like many folks did. I also hope nobody got sick from drinking from the water glasses after the kids setting them out on the tables before the meal had dipped their fingers into the water while distributing them (they put on plastic gloves after our table called them out and told them that was unsanitary). The meal was ok. The after banquet social gathering was good as always.

I hope the EC considers future alternative sites for the convention. That motel will never improve. For the 4th time in a row, they did not give me the room I had reserved well in advance. I got there at 9am, was told our room would not be available until after 1pm, but the reservation was confirmed. When I checked in after 1pm, was told the room I had requested had been given to another party that arrived before me. I inquired what was the point in making reservations in advance if they would give it to someone else? I told the clerk I had specifically requested the room I had wanted, did not care about having to pay more to get the room, that I did not need the KBA discounted rate for the convention. As in years past, all I got was "I'm sorry, but we are fully booked tonight and your room was changed to a 3rd floor double queen room". When we got to the room, the toilet needed maintenance-the handle had to be shaken to get the tank to fill and shut off. The shower valve was loose and was in upside down, you went from cool water to warm, back to cool, then hot briefly, then ice cold on the dial. This was a room that had been remodeled recently. The shower curtain had not been used yet, it was brand new, the person who installed it did not bother to secure the shower rings. I gave the motel a 1-star rating and scalding review on Google. Had the form allowed me to give them zero stars, that is what they would have gotten.

27-Feb-24
Lol Randy I’m going to call up there personally and tell them to get their act together. Hope they treat you better if that place continues to be the one in the future. Me and Erica really enjoyed spending time with y’all. Erica usually doesn’t like to shop all that much but she had a good time shopping in Manhattan with Joan. I could tell she was having a great time and I’m pretty sure she’ll be showing up every year now if things work out.

One of the things I do like about the place is the airport is very close and convenient. Another is how I like the banquet room is set up with the other rooms. Also has an old feel to it which to me is pretty cool cause I hope the KBA never loses that old touch.

Again we both had a great time with everybody else and really enjoyed meeting new friends. It’s always good to meet and put a face to the ones on bowsite.

Jason…Erica couldn’t get enough of your jerky. In fact she’s lost patience in getting your recipe from you and today she’s trying her own recipe. I thought it had a touch of too much spice but she thought it was perfect.

Can’t wait till I get my bow from Dunnaway and start shooting it. His bows are amazing.

Kyle thanks again for the gift. Looks really great and I’m planning on putting it my commercial building I’m planning starting here in a month or so. Should be plenty of eyes seeing it and I’m going to try and use it in a way to generate some donations for the KBA.

28-Feb-24
Be Still......frequently imitated but NEVER duplicated. Hope she likes her recipe. If she still wants mine then she knows how to get a hold of me.

02-Mar-24
The two of us picked up the flu last weekend, pretty much knocked us down this week. Hope no one else did.

02-Mar-24
I’ve had something the last couple days. It started with achiness and a low grade fever. This morning around 4 or so woke up with my upper chest lower throat feeling very hot with a lot junk coming up.

It’s just given me time to give some people a hard time on bowsite:?)

Hope y’all get feeling better Dave.

02-Mar-24

02-Mar-24

48 years ago while on top of Mt. Ajax (pictured) I “pushed” Bocephus over the edge and he fell 530 feet. 17 operations later and he proved “A Country Boy Can Survive.”
48 years ago while on top of Mt. Ajax (pictured) I “pushed” Bocephus over the edge and he fell 530 feet. 17 operations later and he proved “A Country Boy Can Survive.”
In our group that attended the banquet….7 of 8 came down with the Flu this week! I was the lone survivor that didn’t catch it.

That’s right, A Country Boy Can Survive!!!

02-Mar-24
Shoulda poured some Yukon Jack on that! You'll be ok boys, just make ya stronger

03-Mar-24
Have talked with a number of participants apparently there was some flu version affecting some of us.

03-Mar-24
Been a pretty uncomfortable week here.

04-Mar-24
was you all passing around the same bottle? I'm normal, OR at least as normal as ever!

04-Mar-24
I think Trebarkers first post found the problem

04-Mar-24
Crested said some from his group got sick don't know what happend to it.

• Sitka Gear