Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
HARRY CARRY 08-Feb-24
Dale Hajas 08-Feb-24
hawkeye in PA 08-Feb-24
Supernaut 08-Feb-24
saltydog 09-Feb-24
08-Feb-24
Jim Roskos, of Connellsville, and a founding Archer of "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" in the mid 1990s, passed into Life Eternal yesterday, February 7, 2024.

"Big Jim", as he was affectionately called, had been of declining health, during the last few years.

Jim was a member of "East Huntingdon Sportsmens Association" in the 1990s, when during the heyday of Traditional Archery, he, along with Scott Mitchell, Fox Shupe, and other EHSA club members created the sub-group "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers". From there, Traditional Archery took off in the local region.

Jim could be found Thursday and Sunday evenings at the club, shooting with his friends, straightening arrows, and just having a great time. During "Sticks" shoots, he was often manning the registration table, and helping anywhere something needed done.

His health had been in decline the past few years, with Ashlyn, his "grand daughter", often accompanying him when he did attend any event.

An "INFORMAL" gathering of Friends will be at Bud Murphy's, Connellsville, PA, on Friday, February 9, 2024, from 3 until 7 PM. Other arrangements are private, within the family. This gathering is completely INFORMAL.....

((The information about Jim's passing was sent to me by Ashlyn. The informal gathering at "Bud's" is because Ashlyn said Jim simply liked going there. The family is not "hosting" this gathering: rather, it is simply letting folks know that this will be a common gathering, instead of any formal services or visitation.))

HARRY CARRY, HC, Randy Davis

08-Feb-24
Thanks Randy. I followed him and another sticks member around at a shoot in Latrobe and I became enamored with how good they were. It was also funny as Jim was about 6’6” and George had to stand on a big rock to be 5’. Both are shooting together again…. God Speed Jim!

08-Feb-24
Sad news, prayers for family and friends.

Thanks for posting Randy.

08-Feb-24
Prayers for family and friends. RIP.

09-Feb-24
Sad news indeed, my condolences. Thanks Randy

• Sitka Gear