Will 10-Feb-24
MA-PAdeerslayer 10-Feb-24
Arrownoob 12-Feb-24
Will 12-Feb-24
Cougar 12-Feb-24
Mhg825 12-Feb-24
MA-PAdeerslayer 13-Feb-24
08-Feb-24
Is a good listen about the battle being waged on huntings future.

10-Feb-24
Started it in my home… finishing in my way back home Monday!

10-Feb-24
Sounds good, Ill give it a listen over this coming week.

10-Feb-24
Man, I was always against podcast listening cuz I didn’t have the time….now that I sit at a desk and have a 30 minute right in and out of the office every day… I’m a podcast wh*re.

12-Feb-24
For me it’s hit or miss with that one. My opinion is he’s trying to keep on a regular schedule but sometimes runs out of ideas of things to talk about.

12-Feb-24
I've been listening while working this afternoon. Generally I like this one. (I listen to East Meets West maybe 1X month). At least so far, there is still more left to it.

My gist so far, is that the guest who's trying to prevent CO from doing the opposite of effective wildlife management based on evidence, wants:

-- Wildlife decisions being made by educated wildlife scientists - not the general public or political people. -- Wildlife scientists should be able to speak to the public to help make sure "we" are educated with good information.

There is more to his discussion and they are covering interesting points... But that seems like the biggest thing. Let professionals, well educated in the subject, manage the subject of wildlife - which is the current set up.

I agree with him on that. I also really appreciate the real positive approach to sharing hunting info with non hunters (how "we" do that in public when having random interactions).

Some of the stuff the guy is leaping to conclusions.

But overall I like the wildlife management points. The best play is letting well educated professionals do that work. His analogy is apt - I'm not asking a butcher to do brain surgery on my kid. Sure, the butcher can use a knife... But it's NOT the same.

12-Feb-24
Which well educated scientist okayed the wolf reintroduction...

12-Feb-24
What I got out of it was a model for them to limit or extract the human element from conservation.they outlawed running bears with hounds.the podcast basically covers a bill to ban mountain lion and bobcat hunting as well. And as cougar said the introduction of wolves.

13-Feb-24
I finished it yesterday some on plane some in car, on the flight until we lost wifi because the weather was so bad on the flight back.. I agree with basically everything he talked about however I do think they probably could have shortened it and got the same stuff covered. But, I agree with the bear, lion, bobcat and wolf problems they’re all having…

Anyone see the 3 wolves dead in Oregon?

• Sitka Gear