non typ 18-Feb-24
non typ 18-Feb-24
MichaelArnette 18-Feb-24
Trebarker 19-Feb-24
non typ 19-Feb-24
11-Feb-24

non typ's embedded Photo
non typ's embedded Photo
We headed out to NV for a lion hunt on Feb 8th. I wanted to deer hunt this yr with stick bow but ended up shooting my buck with my compound so I left the Bowtech in the closet and left SEK.

We dropped the dogs and ran the track for about 7 miles taking most of the day. The dogs ended up baying the lion on the top of a large rock face, after climbing up the backside I started to get into position for a shot and the lion jumped and ran off the rock face and the chase was on again. The lion circled around ran straight towards me passing by at 10 feet with a dog giving chase. I had an arrow nocked but I passed the shot with the dog being 10’ behind.

The lion ended up treeing 1/4’ mile away in a small tree and we got in for a shot with my old Assenhiemer and a Zwickey Delta. He ended up making it 18yds before expiring in the snow

11-Feb-24
Congrats, nice cat.

12-Feb-24
Congrats on the cat! Thrilling hunt I'm sure.

12-Feb-24
Congrats. Awesome stuff…especially with the stick bow.

12-Feb-24
Wow! Very cool and congrats!

12-Feb-24
Sounds like it got intense! Nice job.

12-Feb-24
Sounds like a great hunt, with some excitement thrown in. Congrats, nice looking cat.

12-Feb-24
This is awesome, bucket list for me, congrats!

13-Feb-24
Congratulations! I'm headed to Utah for a lion hunt next month.

18-Feb-24

Thornton's Link
My cousin went hunting yesterday and got within 6 feet of this pregnant female. Apparently the guide doesn't want him shooting females. The same country I hunted mule deer last August.

18-Feb-24
Oh heck ya…that is awesome stuff right there. I bet that will make you feel alive and that soft growling she’s making is crazy cool. I would love to experience that one day. Maybe even not to shoot one but just be that close would make my day. Well take that back I’m not sure if I would have been brave enough to get that close…depending on how close to the edge I was so if she came out I could have time to get out of the way.

18-Feb-24

non typ's embedded Photo
non typ's embedded Photo
A lion hunt has been on my bucket list for a long time. I measured mine this weekend and he issued strong 1/8” over B&C green. I’m not sure how much one will shrink but he may be close. I thought I was going to get a 15yd shot on the cliff but be bailed and the dogs treed him in a short tree and I got about a 7yd shot. VJ and I ended up with 2 toms in 2.25 days of hunting.

18-Feb-24

non typ's embedded Photo
non typ's embedded Photo
non typ's embedded Photo
non typ's embedded Photo
Dbl post

18-Feb-24
Excellent! I had an assenhiemer, great bows

19-Feb-24
Just have to wonder why you had to go all they way out to Utah with all the cougar sightings Kansas has every year? :p

19-Feb-24

non typ's embedded Photo
non typ's embedded Photo
I was going to try to get one in KS with a crossbow but figured my odds were better in Nevada with the stick bow.

No leftovers

• Sitka Gear