Deerdawg 20-Feb-24
DanaC 20-Feb-24
Josh22 20-Feb-24
Dthfrmabove1 20-Feb-24
Big Dog 20-Feb-24
19-Feb-24

DanaC's Link
"A master taxidermist passes on his trade to two women"

"She's one of two female taxidermists trained by a longstanding, much respected master, Bob Watkins, of Traditional Archery Taxidermy in Millbury, who has garnered numerous prizes and awards, and a legion of customers.

Illness has forced him into retirement. But he has passed on his knowledge to Baldelli, and to Stacia Szczepanek, of Last Light Taxidermy in West Brookfield, who will be taking over Watkins' business.

All three spoke about their friendships with one another, and the art of taxidermy's new frontiers."

19-Feb-24
My brother and I learned so much about deer hunting from Bob. he use to cut our hair when we were teens-twentysomethings when he had is shop in our hometown.

19-Feb-24
I think a womanly touch is good for many things taxidermy may b one of them

19-Feb-24
Hopefully I can see just how good they are this year.

19-Feb-24
Baldelli is working on my friend's buck. Good that she trained with a master.

19-Feb-24
Lunka, your girl won't be happy with that. Oh, the taxidermy thing... Never mind.

19-Feb-24
I wish I had filmed Bob shooting back in the day. He was the smoothest shooter with a recurve I ever had the chance to watch.

19-Feb-24
Nichole Baldelli did my mount last year and it came out awesome.

19-Feb-24
Nichole is awesome. If I shoot a stud when I come home it will for sure make its way to her.

20-Feb-24
Karen Hart south shore ,Hanson maybe, has been doing them for a long time, she is getting to the end of her passion and ready to hang it up. She was affordable and did a nice job. These two young ladies look like they will be the walk for years to come.

20-Feb-24

DanaC's Link
Link for Lone Fox Taxidermy

20-Feb-24

Josh22's embedded Photo
Josh22's embedded Photo
Yup Nicole at Lone Fox is amazing. She did a buck for me a couple of years ago. I wanted the straight upright pose because this buck was marching straight at me on a mission, every time I look at it I relive the hunt. She’s also done some for my friends, a coyote too. Every one of them came out awesome. My next buck is going to her for sure.

20-Feb-24
Bob did 3 deer for me in the past. He lived in the next town over and it was always fun heading over to his house and catching up with him while he worked in his little shop out back of his house. Super great guy for sure and top quality work

20-Feb-24
Josh, thanks for the pic.; it's definitely worth a thousand words. If( and when ?) I take a nice buck I'll keep Lone Fox in mind. Your mount looks great.

• Sitka Gear