RutnStrut 22-Feb-24
Pete-pec 23-Feb-24
B2K 23-Feb-24
Hoot 23-Feb-24
Pasquinell 23-Feb-24
MjF 23-Feb-24
>>>--arrow1--> 24-Feb-24
22-Feb-24
Please explain how the baiting ban rules make sense. A CWD infected deer is found in a pen on a game farm. The baiting ban goes into effect for three years. It would make sense that if it was found outside the pen to have a ban. If the CWD infected area is under control why the ban? Before everyone gets all up in arms I wish that they would ban the whole state but this rule does not make any logical sense.

22-Feb-24
It does not make sense, but it makes news. I don't care, i'm just happy when they find it and it shuts baiting down for the area.

22-Feb-24
Control is all it is! CWD!! Has been here for over 20 yrs. and NO ONE has ever contracted it, it does kill deer! Mother Natures way of handling over population and then the DNR jumps in and thinks they are smarter than all and SCREWS UP everything by regulating us ALL with STUPID rules!!!!!!!!!

22-Feb-24
Just bring in sharpshooters and eradicate all the deer and the problem is solved.

22-Feb-24
Better yet............... Taxidermist up here get heads from all over the state to boil out. The brains are thrown out for the crows and eagles. Hmmmmmmmm! L2H,, So your happy that cwd is spreading no matter the cost ???

Screwball,, The wdnr brought in wolves up north they are doing a good job. And no overtime or benefits.

22-Feb-24
LIve2- It does not shut down baiting. Baiting is such a way of life in that area. People are still baiting. Just being more discreet about it. There are still local farmers selling corn and doing well. Baiting is the number one violation in these areas.

22-Feb-24
LIve2- It does not shut down baiting. Baiting is such a way of life in that area. People are still baiting. Just being more discreet about it. There are still local farmers selling corn and doing well. Baiting is the number one violation in these areas.

22-Feb-24
baiting is so bad that in the 13 counties it's legal, it shuts down deer movement in the 59 counties it's banned in (dnr chief whitetail "expert" if hunters want to see more deer we need a statewide baiting and feeding ban) LMAO

but these are the same "geniuses" that say scents ARE BAIT, but where baiting is banned scents CAN BE USED

15 apple trees in the front yard,totally does not spread cwd,take a lawn chair and fill all the tags you want, but dont you dare take 6 apples out into the woods with you because that totally does spread cwd

22-Feb-24
Same with food plots 1/2 acre in the middle of the woods is that baiting?

22-Feb-24
The baiting ban is a joke. I'm the "bad," guy because I put sweat equity into the land I hunt; planting apple trees, putting in a food plot, and cutting down smaller trees in order to help the mature Oaks and acorn production. In the crazy universe that some people live in, that's cheating and unfair.

Meanwhile...every gas station I drive by, in the county I hunt in, is selling bags of corn, apples, carrots, and sugar beets.

I'm sure all of the "hunters," buying those bags, live in counties where baiting is legal!?!? They just happen to drive to a county they don't live in to put gas in their vehicle, and oh look at that....while I'm here I'll just pick up a 50-pounder of goodies for the deer.

There's not enough wardens in the state to even put a small dent in the problem. Wisconsin wants your license $$$, but they don't care enough to pay the $ to have enough wardens to actually enforce the hunting regulations they have on the books.

22-Feb-24
Jaybe, they won't be happy when I find the bait pile in the forest where not legal. Plus, many get busted from DNR planes. The spread of CWD on game farms? na, don't care. Food plots on private? sure, at least we will know where the deer are going if we happen to hunt public that is next to the private, and that the deer are not amped up or nocturnal from someone re, re, refreshing a bait pile(s) in the middle of the forest.

22-Feb-24
The baiting ban concentrates deer on private land food plots and illegal dump baits. The ban has the opposite effect than the intended.

22-Feb-24
Society is broken and until the day people truly "care" in all the arenas of life not just hunting, we will continue circling the drain until....

22-Feb-24
I spoke with a biologist for the state that I just happened to be next in a waiting room at a local hospital. I said no magazines to read to myself that started our conversation which lasted way too long to put here but one topic that he wanted to talk about was DNR money shortfall. They are 6 million short on operating budget that pays for enforcement,stocking, Wolf depredation payments, pheasant stocking etc. The shortfall is from alot fewer license sold, fishing, deer hunting ,small game overall all hunting and fishing fee and license. First thing they wanna ram thru is a major increase in fee for all the licenses. A big increase, he said expect 25% minimum. Less deer less gun tags sold. Small game is down big time. Reason according to him are a lot of small game hunters are sitting in trees now with a crossbow rather than hunting upland birds etc. That is the reason they want to make archery and crossbow combined. Big fee increase cause they know the crossgun hunters will pay it. Happily. The archers will gripe but it is such a dying breed the DNR could care less about their issues. To make up the shortfall they are selling public state land. Land that has difficult entry or no parking other that in the ditch is being sold. And guess what? Approx 8,000 acres have been sold to date. To whom it never is listed or advertised or did I miss that? Nope he said it is first offered to adjoining land owners and if they don't buy it it goes to people with inside connections. Never to a auction. Never listed with realtors. Never publicly advertised. He said there is alot bought by DNR bigwigs and upper echelon state employees buying it up. He is from Jefferson county and 2000 acres has been sold there alone in the last year. He is so fed up with the glad handing and corruption inside the DNR he is keeping his mouth shut and taking early retirement at age 55 effective Oct. 1. He wants every state outdoors person to know the truth but also knows if he makes a public stink they will fabricate a reason to fire him early (sex harassment or some bogus BS) and there goes his state pension out the window. He looked at me after about 30 minutes when the nurse came to get him and said "if you only knew it would sicken you to the core" This was last week.

22-Feb-24
I have access to all of Jefferson Counties real estate transactions. The DNR sold no land in ‘23. They did buy 1000+ acres to add to Princes Point.

22-Feb-24
I beg to differ. Even Dan the hunting beast was complaining about it in a recent video. One of the parcels he hunts. He even contacted the local warden about it who said he didn't know about it as far as he knew it was public but he would check. He checked it was sold.

22-Feb-24
They been selling the last 3 years. More going in 24

22-Feb-24
I would think the deer hunting will drop also with the big decline in deer numbers on the public lands because of the wolves.

22-Feb-24
There you have it. One individual says he talked to the DNR rep in person about land sales, one person says nope, and has a record of all sales with nothing recorded and one person says hunting beast was confused on private vs public only to find it sold. All due respect but who do you believe??? BROKEN...

22-Feb-24
On the CWD topic. How can we believe anything the "experts" have ever told us about it when they base it all on a lie? What lie you ask? They all say CWD prions live in the soil for years. Guess what, there is no such thing as a prion. Look up a picture of one. You can't because there are no pics of them, just drawings.

23-Feb-24
Pete, believe no one. If you don't have factual evidence to back up what you want to know, or are told, it is just heresy. Evidence is all around us. With that said, I'd advise you to not believe me lol.

23-Feb-24
Trickle rut, you should report your encounter to the DNR as an endangered species sighting because that's what a male biologist has become!

23-Feb-24

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo

23-Feb-24
Yea Pete I tend to be cynical and should live in MO. :)

23-Feb-24
Now it’s the Zombie Deer

24-Feb-24
CWD ==== Coyote,,, Wolf,,, Depredation !!!!

• Sitka Gear