Hoot 07-Mar-24
Live2Hunt 07-Mar-24
Hoot 07-Mar-24
MjF 07-Mar-24
Browne 08-Mar-24
Pacer1975 08-Mar-24
Trickle rut 08-Mar-24
27-Feb-24
Looks like the Legislature is going to raise NR license fees. Increase to $200 for deer and raising other license fees 5 to 20 dollars. Personally I think it's been a bargain and the increases are minimal in the scheme of things so participation shouldn't be affected.

27-Feb-24
I agree it’s a bargain. I think I saw the last increase was 2005, which is totally crazy IMO. I really don’t like giving extra money to the government but it’s hard to argue that an increase isn’t due. Unfortunately it’s unlikely the money is actually used to truly support our interests.

27-Feb-24
It’s to support their F Ups

27-Feb-24
It’s to support their F Ups

28-Feb-24
Mjf + 1

28-Feb-24
200 dollars is still too cheap IMO.

28-Feb-24
Let's see where the money actually goes...

28-Feb-24
Missouri what is a non resident in Michigan cost I thought you hunt there

28-Feb-24
Michigan is also too cheap, about 190 dollars. Look at the western states for non residents, generally much more expensive.

28-Feb-24
All state fees can be found online.

28-Feb-24
Thank God just because gas prices are over $4 and $5.00 a gallon in other states we don't have to be just because they are.

28-Feb-24
I have always felt hunting fees were the biggest bargain in the whole hunting experience. Many hunters waist far more dollars in unnecessary gear, travel, lost wages, etc, etc. Just my opinion though.

28-Feb-24
Waste that is. Probably waist too.

28-Feb-24
MJF + 2

28-Feb-24
Mjf+3

28-Feb-24
Missouri I thought it was just a easy question for you with your knowledge look it aloud you to post 4 times for the one question I asked

28-Feb-24
I'd love to see NR deer tags at $400, and resident tags at least $50. That is if we could be guaranteed that most of the money would go back into the resource.

28-Feb-24
Wi. Whitetail is not western mulie, coues tags. Wi. Nr tag purchased have dropped for a few years. And nr spend way more in the wi. Economy then a warm case of nattie lite and cheese curds. As an nr, i pay 18k in property tax. That would pay for 3 canada whitetail, guided, wipe my baloon knot hunts. $200? Lots of sconnies come home to hunt. Supply and demand. $40 bump? Thats a dinner.

29-Feb-24
time for everybody else who uses public land to pay there fair share, ! Such as bird watchers, mushroom hunters, hikers just to name a few

29-Feb-24
What ever the other state charges us would be the same for them to buy in WI!

29-Feb-24
Paul I always pushed for Reciprocity. I know there a couple of states.

02-Mar-24
Hoot! Sometimes EASY idea's just don't work, "COMMON SENSE"! A thing of the pass!

02-Mar-24
I heard today Evers signed the increase for NR.

03-Mar-24
"And nr spend way more in the wi. Economy then a warm case of nattie lite and cheese curds.

I hear this argument a lot. But it's easy to disprove. I live and work in WI and own property in 2 counties. I buy almost everything I need for everything in life here in WI. It's silly to argue that non-resident landowners put more money into a states economy than the people that live there every day.

03-Mar-24
I agree Rut. The dollars spent by NR’s is an insignificant amount as compared to what a resident spends. And, it is a bit hypocritical for a NR to boast about all the money they spend and then complain about a minimal price hike.

04-Mar-24
yes cause residents dont complain when they try to raise resident licenses 5 bucks but 40 for other people is "minimal" ROFLMAO

04-Mar-24
On average I put on 25,000 miles going back and forth to Wisconsin each year, close to $8000 in gas, and a few thousand on groceries etc. I'm not going to complain too much about paying a little extra for someone else's screw up.

04-Mar-24
Bigfootinmouth, the discussion pertains to NR license fees and the total money they spend in state. Try and focus.

04-Mar-24
It seems pretty reasonable to me

05-Mar-24
Mnhunter, it really is reasonable, for both residents and non-residents.

05-Mar-24
Yes, I have been expecting it for the last 10 years. I’m surprised it took this long. To be honest I don’t buy a whole lot in Wisconsin besides my license. I hunt just across the border. No gripes here.

05-Mar-24
Yes, I have been expecting it for the last 10 years. I’m surprised it took this long. To be honest I don’t buy a whole lot in Wisconsin besides my license. I hunt just across the border. No gripes here.

05-Mar-24
New price should be good for another 10 years.

Unfortunately!!!

05-Mar-24
I am an Alaska resident at an age where hunting from an easy chair up a tree as opposed to hiking miles and climbing mountains is preferred. The license fee increase is nothing compared to the Bidenomics of airfare, lodging and dining.

05-Mar-24
It is now cheaper for a WI non-resident to hunt deer (archery or gun) in MN ($185) than it is for a MN non-resident to hunt deer (archery or gun) in WI ($200). Both are bargains and a small portion of what it costs to be deer hunter.

06-Mar-24
Public forest? I would not hunt either state.

06-Mar-24
What would the DNR do if nobody hunted the public forest / didn't buy a license?

07-Mar-24
They will always receive funding elsewhere.

07-Mar-24
"They will always receive funding elsewhere." That is so true. In the past, they have talked about getting their funding from general funds. If that happens, they will have no reliance on or any need for hunters. As it is now, they continue to introduce more predators, which in their eyes, is the main function of hunters.

07-Mar-24
I agree with MJF and Captain.

Today the DNR is less about hunting by humans and more about diverse ecology. Each year the department depends less and less on hunter fees. Wolves generate money and jobs.

07-Mar-24
CWD has generated thousands of dollars for the DNR.

07-Mar-24
Any issue they can come up with will generate dollars for them if/when they claim that “research and studies” are needed.

07-Mar-24
I received a Fall Turkey study form from the DNR. I wrote a 2 page letter with my concerns of the WI public forests deer hunting and placed in the study when I sent back. This letter contains all my concerns and thoughts of Wolves, full inclusion and what has happened to the deer herd and the consequences of the deer herd as of now and the future of hunters that use these lands to hunt and buy licenses for deer hunting. It is a joke. Will wait to see if I get a response, I am going to send the same letter out to Gov officials.

07-Mar-24
In the face of nonresident price hikes, it's crucial for investors to stay informed and strategically position themselves. I highly recommend checking out https://icoholder.com/en/events as an invaluable resource to stay ahead of market trends. Their comprehensive event listings provide real-time insights into the crypto landscape, helping investors make informed decisions amidst the current challenges. By leveraging ICOholder, you gain access to a wealth of information on upcoming events, ensuring that you are well-equipped to navigate the dynamic crypto market.

07-Mar-24
Live - Please don't hold your breath waiting for a response.

07-Mar-24
I won't hold my breath, but sitting and doing nothing is something I cannot do.

07-Mar-24
Live - Same here. I've written them so many times I think I've been black listed.

07-Mar-24
Jim, it’s on the Returned to Sender list.

08-Mar-24
As a lifelong resident who retired and now have a winter residence in Texas, I am now a non -resident in WI because it just makes good financial sense to be a TX resident. Spend 6 months in each state but 95% of my hunting is in WI and I own land in WI. Hate to see it go too high in WI but TX non-resident fee is $315. A hunting license tag for a TX senior resident is $7 plus stamps. CHEAP.

08-Mar-24
Wi. Is #1 in book entries. #2 IL. Is 6,000 behind. Wi. Could charge $400 and not lose many nr hunters imo.

08-Mar-24
Losing Deer losing sales. Charge more for what isn't there or very rare in the Northern third

• Sitka Gear