Contributors to this thread:
peterk1234 01-Mar-24
Dthfrmabove1 01-Mar-24
Will 02-Mar-24
peterk1234 02-Mar-24
01-Mar-24

peterk1234's embedded Photo
peterk1234's embedded Photo
Been a while since I've done one hunting related. This one is a sack to hold my water bladder inside my Stone Glacier pack. I've been lugging bottles for the past three years. I will test this out on the next hike.

I also just ordered some lightweight breathable nylon to make some game bags. They will be much lighter, stronger, way more packable and will not leach blood.

01-Mar-24
Kind of cool to think that a water bladder is an actual necessity now because of where you live and hunt. Hope it works out

02-Mar-24
Solid work. Do the little strips at the top allow it to attach to molle loops? I'm guessing not really given it sounds like it's going inside the pack, but I'm curious.

Have you tried making a day pack or similar, Pete?

You have skills man!

02-Mar-24

peterk1234's Link
Will, there are two bar slides sewed into the pack in the inside for this purpose. The straps go through them.

My 5900 packs down close to nothing, so it works as a day pack. It is a very well thought out system. While the whole system with the frame is considerably heavier than a lightweight osprey, it's ability to carry things comfortably trumps weight. Even when we just go for a day hike, I'm carrying binos, tripod, water, some food, first aid, trekking poles, and sometimes even my scope.

Fun fact... the pack has molle loops on the inside as well. I attached a link to the pack. Hard to believe it scrunches down to nothing, but it does.

• Sitka Gear