Phil Magistro 03-Mar-24
Woody 04-Mar-24
dpms 04-Mar-24
Red Lion 04-Mar-24
Bowhunting 5C 04-Mar-24
Red Lion 04-Mar-24
Bowhunter 31-Mar-24
02-Mar-24
Just read in my game news that our Game Commission is recommending to extend firearms season in 5 WMUs, one of witch is where I hunt. When do you think they want to do this. You guessed it, our season after Christmas. I thought that was supposed to be our primitive season with flintlock guys. I for one don’t want it because I don’t see that many deer as it is and I move around to different areas and they want to take more plus I don’t want to share the woods rifle hunters. And I suspect you’ll have to wear blaze orange.

02-Mar-24
It's BS with the management areas they have now. Sure there's too many deer in suburban areas, but it's all private land and not many hunting opportunities, and certainly not with rifles. If the want to manage the herd. they need smaller management areas.

03-Mar-24
In the SRA's we've have this already. If they really wanted to make a difference, make the SRA unlimited doe tags.

03-Mar-24
Unlimited tags may be great for private land but not so good for SGLs.

03-Mar-24
Ditto, what Bowhunting 5C said.

03-Mar-24
Ditto what Phil said. I'm getting a little tired of this unlimited tag nonsense. Maybe if the hammering stopped on does on private land, some doe might start getting back to public. This isn't just in special regs areas. Up state it's the same thing on public, guys just aren't seeing the deer populations like years ago. Seems like the Game Comm is more interested in selling tags and slaughtering deer, than improving the hunting for all PA hunters rather than just private.

03-Mar-24
Yes I agree with Phil and Woody. For me I really don't have much faith in our game commission to make good decisions or listen to what hunters have to say about what they are seeing or should I say not seeing. The bottom line with any government agency the only thing that matters is $$$ they don't care what we as hunters have to say.

03-Mar-24
Sorry guys, in 5C and 5D, there are more doe than there are tags. Public and private. Northern tier aside, we run out of tags before we run out of season.

03-Mar-24
What SGLs in 5C have this abundance of deer? I only hunt a few but I haven’t seen it.

04-Mar-24
I'll go along with abundance of deer on some (private lands), Tell me how many deer you see grazing on Amish farms? but certainly not public in 5C. What was going through the minds of the game comm when they went with these large management areas, I'll never know. If private land owners and farmers have deer problems, let them manage the number of tags to be used on their land exclusively. Deer kill reports require you to list the township of the kill, I'd bet there are very specific areas with high kill ratios. Probably look like election maps, of red and blue areas by county.

04-Mar-24
Tags need to be unlimited in the SRAs. Flintlock and archery hunters already share the woods after Christmas with firearm deer hunters in some areas of the state.

04-Mar-24
I know my area where I hunt the the whole valley is Amish farms for miles and you’re lucky if you see enough deer to count on one hand. Also it’s not uncommon to hear several gun shots towards the evening around these farms all year long.

04-Mar-24
Red lion, how Many red tags areas are there? That may explain the gun shots. Crop damage tags?

04-Mar-24
Do not know. Never looked in to it

31-Mar-24
This is ridiculous, after Christmas is my favorite season , the late flintlock season, no high power rifles , why don't some hunters go out and get a flintlock and practice , all that's right a high power rifle is easier.. but no challenge.... some people just want something easy .... thus better not pass , I carry my flintlock all rifle season ...

• Sitka Gear