billygoat 17-Apr-24
pronghorn21 18-Apr-24
Bowkill 18-Apr-24
bad karma 18-Apr-24
Barkeater 25-Apr-24
FORESTBOWS 26-Apr-24
05-Mar-24

samman's Link
With all the issues this state has, is this really a necessary endeavor? Maybe working on the homless & immigrant problems would serve the state better. What are your thoughts? Good, bad, indifferent?

05-Mar-24
Ha! I just posted this on community thread.

05-Mar-24
Who gets to pay for the transplant of these critters? And what benefit do they bring to the state?

05-Mar-24
It will make all the liberals on the Front Range feel good. And that's really all that matters anymore.

05-Mar-24
I was surprised to see it was a bi-partisan bill. You know us as hunters will pay the bill. Like wolves, it will fall under the budget of the CPW.

06-Mar-24
Not sure if it was cpw or just biologists that were quoted as saying(paraphrase) "reintroduction is too stressful on the animals and restablsihment will happen naturally without reintroduction"

06-Mar-24
doesn't matter where the quote came from, whether or not re-establishment will happen naturally or not didn't stop the state from requiring wolves be hauled in from other parts of the world. If the issue gets put on a ballot, and it will, I can tell you what will happen.

06-Mar-24
I am anxious to hear where they think they will find enough to trap and relocate from.

06-Mar-24
It was established some years ago by use of baited hair sampling devices that we have wolverines. So, why not let nature handle it?? Who introduced the bill? How about turn about 500 of them loose in downtown Denver and take care of the paucity of wolverines and create a paucity of homeless in one fell swoop.

07-Mar-24

samman's Link
Here is who introduced it. State Sens. Perry Will, R-New Castle, and Dylan Roberts, D-Frisco, and Reps Barbara McLachlan, D-Durango, and Tisha Mauro, D-Pueblo, on Monday introduced Senate Bill 24-171, allowing for reintroduction of North American wolverines to the state.

Next up, wooly mammoths. I'm sure at one point their home range included Colorado.

07-Mar-24
Perry Will should be embarrassed. What the heck is he thinking?

07-Mar-24
So what threats will the wolverine bring to Colorado?

08-Mar-24
Eats rabbits and fawns. And lastly on the wish list of predators don't be surprised if you see grizzly bears on a ballot in the future. The only nice thing about grizzly bears is they only have Cubs every 3 to 5 years and they don't reach sexual maturity until they're three unlike wolves

08-Mar-24
Wolverine population and density would likely be extremely low. I have no concerns about what their impact would be. I just don't trust the State to make correct decisions when a possible conflict arises with other activities in wolverine occupied areas. It could be guys cage trapping bobcats, backcountry skiiers, grazing, backpacking, offroading, snowmobiling. Someone gets the idea that it is effecting wolverines and suddenly some normal activity is in danger.

08-Mar-24
My email to Senator Perry Will; Dear Senator Will,

I'm very disappointed to see your name on the wolverine bill. Wolves put here by ballot, a looming ballot cat hunting ban, and now you want wolverines added to the mix. The main food of wolverines is rabbits and elk/deer carcasses left over from wolves. I guarantee you that if a wolverine comes upon a freshly born calf, elk fawn, or deer fawn it's going to kill it. You being a rancher I'm very surprised you want another predator. Is this some kind of a scheme of yours to get more democrats to agree with something you need? If so, it's a terrible idea.

You need to get your name off this bill. It's an embarrassment to the ranching and hunting community. His resonse: I beg to differ, if I didn't run this bill you would get another ballot measure and wolverines would be just like the wolves. Ballot box biology!!!!! This way at least we drive the ship. I would love to talk with you about this, but there is no line in the sand, we get steam rolled over here from the front range folks. I tell everyone the only way to change it is vote republican and take back the House and Senate or at least make it even. This Governor needs to go but he can do a lot of damage in the next 2 years. Perry

08-Mar-24
I agree totally with what Senator Will stated in response. My best, Paul

08-Mar-24
I don't know. Following Senator Wills logic I guess he should have also introduced a grizzly bear bill. Is that what you want grizzly bears too?

08-Mar-24
The reasoning for bringing grizzlies back is identical to bringing wolves back. Since we've heard nothing of that, maybe they're rightfully scared of the big bears in such a populous state. If that's the case, we should have tried to attach it to the wolf initiative - both or neither. That may have swayed the close vote just enough to defeat it.

08-Mar-24
For those of you who oppose this just know that the Cattlemen's Association is in opposition to this bill while the coloradoans for responsible Wildlife group is just listed as monitoring.

08-Mar-24
At this point I would gladly take grizzlies. It will alleviate a lot of the non resident influx. The trailheads will also have a lot less yuppy leaf lickers, mountain bikers, unleashed dog hikers, etc.

08-Mar-24
Grizzlies don't seem to deter people from hunting in Wyoming or Montana. Every once in awhile some hunter gets mauled to death by one of them but it doesn't seem to deter anyone. The only positive I see with Grizzlies if they do have to come here is the low birth frequency. The low birth frequency is the reason I was reading that they wanted to stock and I think the state was Montana and not Wyoming more Grizzlies in a particular area because they weren't multiplying fast enough.

08-Mar-24
It does in Wyoming alot less non residents in general areas that have grizzlies.

17-Apr-24
Just heard on the radio that wolverine introduction passed the senate. Glunt is on the right track. With low density, they're gonna say the wolverine can't thrive with all this human intrusion. Let's lock up the public land to help the cute, cuddly wolverine.

18-Apr-24
Yep and they're going to kick the ranchers off the public lands all because of one little Wolverine

18-Apr-24

Bowkill's Link

Montana reintroduced elephants

18-Apr-24
Good. Teach them to prey on wolves.

25-Apr-24
Unfortunately it would be a political win for the anti- hunters. They will use federal habitat protection.

26-Apr-24
Perry Will is my friend and one of the best guys you will ever meet. He knows what he is doing.

• Sitka Gear