Treeline 07-Mar-24
COLO 3-D 07-Mar-24
Cazador 07-Mar-24
Glunt@work 07-Mar-24
Paul@thefort 07-Mar-24
Treeline 08-Mar-24
06-Mar-24

Grasshopper's Link
See the link for details, it is the CBA BGSS committee analysis & recommendations to the CBA membership and bowhunting community.

Members should get a CBA email soon.

07-Mar-24

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

07-Mar-24
Why would anyone not prefer an earlier start to deer than elk for archery? As a resident, focus on deer, then focus on elk. Extends available time in the field and reduces perceived crowding issues at the same time! If archery deer started at the same time as archery antelope and ran for 30 days, it would be a huge win.

07-Mar-24
Treeline, that is exactly why we suggested it!

07-Mar-24
I'm all for bowhunting, and elk isn't a big "must all be all" for me, but I could see some additional crowding if the deer hunt started earlier. It would be great if it did, but a lot of those deer hunters would then be elk hunting without a doubt a couple weeks later. I think you would see it the other way as well. Elk guys going deer hunting the first week, and then going elk hunting later. I know I would.

Is the first bullet point #1 above correct? I thought it was the CWC pushing that 100% limited agenda and not the DOW?

07-Mar-24
Cazador:

You have a point. My selfish view is that residents should have plenty of time in the best slots. Late August for timberline muleys was missing. Residents should be the last place to limit opportunity when addressing crowding.

07-Mar-24
Cazador, Some on the Commission are pushing for all limited draw for archer elk. CPW (DOW) staff, following that lead, presented their recommendations for consideration and review. Public comment period the next two months. Final by Commission will be made in June.

08-Mar-24
Henry,

That was what was discussed with CPW at many of the last BGSS meetings, including the workshop with CBA and CPW. CPW totally blew it off.

They also continue to have muzzleloading and archery moose start on the same day. Absolute nuts for a once in a lifetime tag. Should be at least 2 weeks archery followed by 2 weeks muzzle loader and archery followed by 2 or 3 months of any weapon.

• Sitka Gear