Jebediah 07-Mar-24
Huntskifishcook 07-Mar-24
Big Dog 08-Mar-24
ARLOW 12-Mar-24
DanaC 13-Mar-24
Will 13-Mar-24
ARLOW 13-Mar-24
07-Mar-24
Just saw an advertisement for a hunting lease in New Hampshire, of all places. Unexpected, for sure.

07-Mar-24
NOOOOOOOOO! I really hope that does not become a thing in New England. I love the "not posted, hunt it" opportunity here in a few states... if Leasing took off, I'd be bummed if that resulted in losing lots of currently huntable land.

07-Mar-24
Yikes…

07-Mar-24
Better than a subdivision or solar field, but yeah

07-Mar-24
I don’t think the low deer numbers (compared to other states) would support leasing. I could be wrong but if someone was going to lay out money for a deer lease, I’d think they would pick an area with more deer.

07-Mar-24
I agree it would be devastating to a state that’s already difficult to find hunting spots!

07-Mar-24
Oh yeah, even aside from low deer density, I can’t imagine anyone paying to lease a parcel that’s surrounded by thousands and thousands of acres of open timber company land.

07-Mar-24
My comment is going to have nothing to do with leasing, in a direct way anyway. The internet data tracking is getting better by the day. After reading this thread I went to check out FB, which I don't do often these days, at the top of my homepage is an ad for a hunting lease in NH. This Internet thing is getting creepy.

08-Mar-24
I hope to hunt without ever leasing. Nothing against guys who lease ; just not for me after spending most of my life without having to consider it.

12-Mar-24
That company is leasing out pieces all over the country for ridiculous prices. Just saw them list 105 acres in new london CT for 12,000 a year!!!

13-Mar-24
Well, they're *trying* to. The question is, are there enough pigeons?

13-Mar-24
Arlow - Jeez o pete, that's mental. 1k/month to hunt 100 acres in CT?

13-Mar-24

ARLOW's Link

• Sitka Gear