Helgermite 11-Mar-24
Hoot 11-Mar-24
Pete-pec 11-Mar-24
Live2Hunt 11-Mar-24
Pete-pec 11-Mar-24
10-Mar-24

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Only mounted one because I haven't mounted one in the past, and I enjoy working on new species. Yesterday and today, bowsite's web page must have been in the process of being upgraded? These birds are bigger than I thought. Wingspan was 40 inches.

10-Mar-24
WOW! Never before seen such a bird mount! Impressive!

10-Mar-24

10-Mar-24
Pretty cool, great job.

10-Mar-24
Beautiful work

10-Mar-24
Looks great!

10-Mar-24

Ridge Runner's embedded Photo
Ridge Runner's embedded Photo
Very cool Pete but birds scare me ever since the movie lol

10-Mar-24
Thanks guys, glad you like it.

Ridge Runner, you'd think my basement was a living nightmare lol. I have over 120 birds I've mounted down there.

10-Mar-24
That is one beautiful mount

11-Mar-24
Cool great looking mount Pete. LOL, yes I remember being scared as all get up with the birds movie. Kind of funny to watch now.

11-Mar-24
Pete you should post a pic or 2 of your bird museum Would be cool to see. Only have a full turkey mount in my house ( which my wife wants my daughter to take to her place since it’s hers) My son took his duck home, I think a pheasant or grouse would be cool but haven’t shot one in years

11-Mar-24
My wife is currently having a crow mounted. Estimated time back from the taxidermist is about 10 months from now. I'll post pictures once it's done. Pretty cool form being used.

11-Mar-24
Again, another beautiful mount Pete.

11-Mar-24

Thanks again fellas. Ridge Runner, there are so many, it looks messy. I likely have almost every North American game bird and waterfowl in both a flying and standing position. Just a hobby amongst many others. Collecting good specimens is the difficult part, then of course contending with damage as well as pretty thin skin, you sort of get what you get lol. Maybe some day I'll take some photos, but I'll admit it is hard looking at the crap-job I did on earlier stuff lol. I took a 2 year hiatus, and just recently thought I should mount a few birds, just to stay in the swing of things.

Here's the first bird I mounted after my 2 year break. A purple gallinule from Louisiana. Tiny little bird from the rail family. I did share this with a few friends on here already.

11-Mar-24
That is the one thing about doing taxidermy, you want to mount everything you get. My dad did fish. In the basement of my family home that my brother has, there are over 60 fish mounted. I would like to do more mounts of different fishes, birds, large and small game mammals, but to many will make dilemma for others who have to deal with them at some point.

11-Mar-24
No dilemma here, except tossing my body and those mounts in the same fire. I promised them I'd have no issues after I'm no longer alive.

• Sitka Gear