Pete-pec 24-Mar-24
Zebrakiller 25-Mar-24
CaptMike 25-Mar-24
mooseslayer 25-Mar-24
Bow Crazy 26-Mar-24
18-Mar-24

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
Who's all going to the Open Season Sports Show at the Dells. I'll be there in the Northwoods Bear Products booth #811. Stop and say hello.

18-Mar-24
I will be there on Friday.

18-Mar-24
We plan on going Saturday or Sunday.

18-Mar-24
I'll be there Friday & Saturday. Will probably work the WBH booth for a while and have plans to meet a few guys. Always enjoy this show,...don't think I've ever missed one,...I well recall the very first at the Dane County Coliseum back in the eighties. That was the start of it all; shows like this have exploded across the Midwest and there are now dozens each Spring. Sure enjoy 'em!

18-Mar-24
I will be there in #104, Sadaka Safaris booth.

19-Mar-24
Bill and Mike - I'll stop by your booths to chat.

19-Mar-24
Jim, look forward to seeing you!

19-Mar-24
Great Jim. Looking forward to seeing you.

22-Mar-24
I will be in booth 2100 plumlake and Marvel africa

22-Mar-24
Zebrakiller - I'll stop by shortly. getting ready to leave.

22-Mar-24
Great show today, tomorrow should even better. I saw Zebrakiller, Case and Capt. Mike. Nice chatting with those guys.

22-Mar-24
Jim, glad you and Bill took the time to come visit. Always nice seeing you guys!

23-Mar-24
And likewise gentlemen,...good seeing you also,...the forum is good but "in-person" is better. I also ran into a number of friends I hadn't seen in quite some time, great catching up on what's been happening Good also to see some of the new products coming out...some of them you know will be helpful or are an improvement but for others you kinda gotta wonder "what was this guy thinking?"

24-Mar-24
Anything cool out there that caught your eye Bill? I've been looking for something I don't need. I just spent a goodly amount of poker money on a new release, just because I had some stupid fun-money burning a hole in my pocket. I absolutely don't need anything, but was looking through the catalogs for something else that's totally unnecessary lol.

24-Mar-24
Pete - There was an enormous amount of things you don't need. LOL

24-Mar-24

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
We were really busy at Northwoods Bear Products booth right after setup and opening.

24-Mar-24
Anything that "caught your eye?" Well, there was this blond that....but that's a whole 'nother story. I did stop by the Northwoods Bear Products booth where Hoot was. Hoot had a younger fellow in the booth with him, and also a young lady, I assumed they were together. When I walked up to the booth neither Hoot or I said anything, I was busy looking at the signage and the large photos....I didn't know the young guy or gal...finally she looks at me and says, "Do you hunt bare?" I replied, "No, I always wear camo." And the conversation went downhill from there!

But seriously, there were some pretty neat items at the show. I'm kind of in the market for a new set of binos, looked at some but I wasn't convinced they were really any better than what I have now. And then there were the BROADHEADS...I've been using Thunderheads since forever and am considering changing...not because the Thunderheads have failed me, but because sometimes something new seems "more better." Would they be? I kept asking myself, "If it ain't broke why am I trying to fix it?" Didn't open the wallet there either! And then there was the new camo, treestands galore, and new scents all over,...not to mention the new gizmos, what-nots, and gazettes every bowhunter needs.

It was fun to go. Saw some old friends, spent time at the WBH booth, and felt at home with all the other deer hunting graybeards walking the aisles. Eventually though Bonnie and I left 'n drove home. I sure enjoyed the show but I learned that after 40 years of going to shows such as this the time to leave seems to be arriving sooner and sooner. Used to be I'd spend most of the three days at these shows, but now one day is enough. Bob Dylan sang, "The times they are a changing," but in this case I think maybe it is I who has changed.

24-Mar-24
Do tell Jim. What's the latest-greatest thing that I don't already have? Lol

25-Mar-24
We had a great show was nice talking with several of you. Best show we have had in a few years

25-Mar-24
Yes, attendance was great and business was better than expected. Congrats to the folks putting on the show for a job well done!

25-Mar-24
Many interesting vendors to talk to. Always enjoy looking at the newest stuff. Sorry we missed "Hoot" as he wasn't feeling well and wasn't there on Sunday. Most Canadian outfitters agree they had a mild winter and expect an early spring. That venue is so nice and free parking!!

26-Mar-24
I decided to go on Sunday, arrived around noon. It was a last minute thing for me, the weather threw a curve ball in my plans. I bought 2 safety harnesses, one for my son and one for me. Got both at $40 off each. It is a really good show. Every vendor I talked to said the foot traffic was really good. Sounded like Saturday was super busy. It was good to go and talk to vendors I haven't seen in a while. Glad to see this show is growing and should continue to grow. BC

• Sitka Gear