In Montana? Damn, I'm going fishing.

19-Mar-24
Whoa.

20-Mar-24
Shoot !!! Is that pretty good for you Pete

20-Mar-24
beautiful pic

20-Mar-24
a week ago it was 65*F here as i was boiling my last batch of maple syrup in a t-shirt. this morning I woke up to a light dusting of snow. Mother nature, go home, you're drunk.

20-Mar-24
Pete - Ill have to take a few shots of some of my favorite jig streamers - baby brookie "Kreelex" variants on #8 Partridge Jig Hooks... Looks like conditions for tightlining for sure out there!

20-Mar-24

peterk1234's embedded Photo
peterk1234's embedded Photo
Will, I have a pattern, I guess it's a walts worm. Size 14, gold bead. Florescent orange collar. Body made of thread, then hit with that epoxy stuff that hardens with uv light. Tightlining with it is deadly.

Brought some whitefish home for dinner.

20-Mar-24
Pete, I follow your story and it invokes deep seated emotions and feeling I find hard to process. The hunting fishing and pure beauty makes me “think I know” where I want to live out my final days on earth. Question is can I move away from the coast. I love the outdoors and my time spent on the ocean. I hate what the “city life” has become. Traffic trash concrete… congratulations!

20-Mar-24
Notime, thank you for the kind words. I spent many years, windsurfing, fly fishing, jigging the canal and boating on the ocean. Ocean was my life for a long time. I could care less if I ever see the coast again. People have ruined it for me.

Age is a wonderful thing. Embrace it and enjoy the changes that come with it. Enjoy the opportunities this incredible country provides. I don't have enough life left to see and experience everything it has to offer.

Words cannot describe how incredible the public lands are out west. Rivers can get busy, but I limit myself to the supposed off season, weekdays and evenings. Weekends in the summer, if I want to fly fish, I head off to a mountain creek where there are no humans.

Locals talk about the crowd here on public. I get it. But we are talking about bumping into for people on a 20,000 acre piece. Just walk a little further. That's why I bought a tipi tent and titanium stove. Going in a few miles or so, get away from people and hunt bear! And i look forward to the physical challenge at my age. I know my years are numbered but I'm going for it.

I promise you, you will love it. As will your family. My wife loves it here. She is in the best health of her life and shot her first deer ever last fall. My kids... they are living the dream. Of course it helps that one of them and her husband live next door in my "rental".

My wife and I have unaged several years and we have more friends here than we had in Mass. Probably because we finally found like minded people... you know kind, caring and fun. Ya, they still exist.

21-Mar-24
Perdignon Pete... With that solid body. Walts are also frigging awesome - just a bead and hares mask dubbing body, orange thread. Or the "Sexy Walts" which is the same, but using a strip of pearl flash as the rib. Those things (Perdignon and Walts) are soooooo good!

• Sitka Gear