Pi 26-Mar-24
Will 26-Mar-24
Pi 26-Mar-24
S0sso 26-Mar-24
Arrownoob 26-Mar-24
Pi 26-Mar-24
Pi 26-Mar-24
25-Mar-24
Another year like a few years back or all rain now drought later. Anyone have an app on extended weather ? Is there such a thing ? Idk

25-Mar-24
El Niño—the warm phase of the El Niño-Southern Oscillation ("ENSO") climate pattern—continues in the tropical Pacific, but the atmospheric part of the pattern is weakening. Conditions are likely to shift to ENSO-neutral by April-June 2024, and the odds of La Niña developing in June-August 2024 have risen to 55%.

There Buddy , yu feel better?

25-Mar-24
Ya but no

26-Mar-24
El Scorcho ?

26-Mar-24
If you all want to HOH, maybe those of us in Dragon Land can tank some up and ship it... Just got another 2.5-3" friday/saturday... and looking at another 1.5" by Friday... Set records for 12mo precip too.

La Nina last summer, Nino this winter, back to Nina soon... Just dont do a late frost, I WANT a good acorn crop for crying out loud!

26-Mar-24
Will, yesterday day I was snooping through historic records . Lunker made me curious .

It's the same frustration and unpredictable variations as 17th and early 18th century here in NE.

Since the 1980s we have a degree or so of warmer weather but over the centuries weather trends in (Ma) is nullified and consistently varied.

According to shipping and planting reports , It's always a crapshoot in our good state ... That's the consistency that we can count on.

Apparently , a cold snap after the oaks flower will put the kabosh on that years crop.

Some trees may be sheltered from a sudden late freeze or be late to bloom such as north side trees. ( Same issue for apple trees) .

It's the green alternatives that are lowering the temperature and saving the planet you know? Blame them for messing with your acorn crops. They are anti hunter in general and especially upset with you specifically. So there is that.

:-). Patooey

26-Mar-24
Well crap, I'm gonna go burn some plastic bags and a few buckets of gas in the backyard. We need palm trees!

26-Mar-24
Be sure to use earth friendly matches.

26-Mar-24

S0sso's Link
Some of my best spots right now are completely underwater. They have been a little wet in the past, now it's full on ankle to knee deep. Are we in a drought condition, really?

26-Mar-24
You can blame it on the rain, but the rain don’t care.

26-Mar-24
If you believe CO2 is the driver of warming you would be fighting for nuclear... not for China.

26-Mar-24
The globe is a heat engine. Greater difference in warm and cold areas cause greater exchange. Since the cold areas are warming the system is calming down not getting stronger.

The last century of temperature and annual rainfall in Massachusetts is absolute zero change. Weather is not climate. And belief that it is , by our local subjective observation is nothing more than a bad religion posing as Science.

• Sitka Gear