Pete-pec 26-Mar-24
RUGER1022 26-Mar-24
RUGER1022 26-Mar-24
Groundhunter 26-Mar-24
xtroutx 26-Mar-24
>>>--arrow1--> 27-Mar-24
Mhg825 27-Mar-24
26-Mar-24
Seen alot on Utube on this. Anyone here do this? Yesterday, going thru too much stuff, I realized I already got releases, peeps, kisser buttons, and one last 3 pin site. So why not buy a cheap compound to make it all work.

My hopes of going vertical by now, have been dimmed greatly by two last doctor reports, yesterday. But if I was to limit my shooting to let's say twice a month, it might be okay. That's enough for me.

I was going to buy a Matthew's Image, but if it goes south, lot of money, and a lefty not easy to dump.

I must say the last several weeks, the Hawain weather, and warm ocean water, no arthritis, no shoulder pain.

So I am going out today, to look for a cheap bow, under 500.00... My draw us 29, and I will need 80 percent left off, and be at 40 to 45 lbs. Be fun too look.

Going to bow shops, Wal Mart, Fleet Farm etc.

Anyone done a cheap bow build?

26-Mar-24
I put a new bow together last year. The model was the previous year's flagship bow. The bow was bare, and brand new, but because it was technically a year old, I paid less than half price for it. I ordered it from Ebay, and actually offered him 100 dollars less than he was asking. I knew he had a large inventory, and he was likely going to sit on his inventory with new models already released. He took the cowbell price, shipped it for free, and I got a 1300 dollar (retail) bow for 500. Because I saved so much, I put new components on it, and again, price shopped for those. I actually really enjoy shopping, and I'm rarely in a hurry to get something, so I don't mind walking away from deal if it isn't the best. Whenever I order off of Ebay, I make sure their rating is high, and there is a tab to " Make Offer". Those are there for a reason, and as long as you're not insulting, you can get a better deal than anywhere else.

All told, I'm certainly not doing the local shop any favors, but many times, they don't have what I may want, and their markup is double. I just bought a new release yesterday, and I got a price that the stores can't sell it for. The deal is, they don't have the overhead to contend with. Now I may catch hell for this, but it's how I roll. Free shipping, and no traveling? Sign me up. Unless you have something uniquely special, I'll find it elsewhere, and most certainly I support the little guy in those cases.

26-Mar-24
Maybe you're set on a new bow but if not I wouldn't see anything wrong with picking up an older used bow like a Mathews MQ1, Q2 or something like that. I have a 1998 MQ1 that I bought new and used it as my primary bow until 2016. I killed a lot of critters with it. I still have it as my backup bow. I liked it so much that a few years after I bought it I bought a second MQ1 off of eBay for about $200 and set it up almost identical to my first one. It was my backup bow and I've since sold it. The MQ1 is very forgiving, has a smooth draw cycle, is pretty light and performs well. Maybe you're looking for a new bow but I thought I'd throw out the suggestion. Regardless, good luck with your endeavor.

26-Mar-24

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Lightly used bows are often a year old, and sold at half price. I agree with Mike. There's nothing wrong with a used bow. My best friend hunts with that exact Matthews, and wouldn't trade it for anything. He took a 163 inch deer with it last year.

26-Mar-24
With so many " bowhunters " switching to Crossbows there's a huge glut of used compounds out there for cheap money . I just bought 8 . I stripped off the Quivers, rests , sites, cables , arrows & sent them to recycling .

I have 5 more that are all setup if anyone needs a bow .

26-Mar-24

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
RUGER1022's embedded Photo
Plus a the parts needed. Sites , rests , Quivers, releases , arrows , cases .all very cheap .

26-Mar-24
I have all parts. I need LH, high let off, under 45 lbs. Thanks for all excellent responses.

26-Mar-24
Good luck with your quest GH. Twice a month beats zero times a month. I hope it works out for you.

27-Mar-24
GH, sent you a pm on a lefty bow loaded . 5lbs to 70 lbs. May work for you.

27-Mar-24
Bear archery offers a new bow at Cabela's for under 500.

• Sitka Gear