peterk1234 05-Apr-24
Jebediah 07-Apr-24
Wilgabeast 07-Apr-24
MA-PAdeerslayer 07-Apr-24
Wilgabeast 07-Apr-24
27-Mar-24

Jebediah's embedded Photo
Jebediah's embedded Photo
I will describe the best and worst money I ever spent. The best is a dispenser pack of razor blades for my box cutter, shown in the picture. This is about a hundred razor blades in a pack with a little slider mechanism that dispenses them one at a time. I never have to worry about a dull razor blade these days. Love it. The worst was the recent movie “Zone of Interest,” which we watched, or tried to watch, because it won a bunch of awards. My wife gave up midway through. But I stuck it out because I figured it’s six dollars that I’ll never get back, which I now regret. Only five months till September!

27-Mar-24
Jeb - I've never even heard of that movie ha ha ha! But if it blows worse than "The Blair Witch Project" (only survived 10-15' of that one) or "Titanic" (we all knew what happened, why pay to see it), then it's bad!

As for that razor blade dispenser - those things are GREAT!

27-Mar-24
Best money: toilet

Worst money: taxes

27-Mar-24
Best money- toilet paper Worst money- taxes

Get it right pi

27-Mar-24
What's toilet paper?

28-Mar-24
Pi toilet paper is the shiny 3 leaf plants you wipe with in the woods. Duh. Everyone knows that.

28-Mar-24
Oh ,ok . I'll stop using the rubbing trees that have bark worn off . Must be a local thing.

Vine like ,3 shiny leaves? They don't taste too good buddy. But I'll keep going if you say so. Ohh wait, the other end ... Gotcha .

Doilette Paypa ? Must be French or Indian talk. You guys are educated .

28-Mar-24
Try duct tape for a memorable ass wipe.

28-Mar-24
And that is why I come back to this web site again and again for years—start out talking about razor blades, wind up talking about toilet paper.

28-Mar-24
Eat enough fiber and you dont need toilet paper... Just sayin.

28-Mar-24
I was on Morphine this week. No paper needed ...eventually I Gave birth to a wooden Brown whale and all his friends.

Probably not a good way to avoid fiber or paper.

28-Mar-24
Jeb if you think about it . A toilet is a great piece of machinery and functioning art. The porcelain alone is a marvel.

It is relatively inexpensive for the use and longevity of it's functional existence. It's like pennies a day!!!

And it's really one of the best inventions of human history. Imagine our ancestors amazement at what we can do indoors now.

Imagine the look on their face...

28-Mar-24
That’s pretty persuasive, ok I will move toilet into first place, and “razor blade dispenser” into second.

28-Mar-24
Best money spent that I can think of, my 1/4" torque wrench. I have a long proud history of sheering off bolts. "Why didn't you stop when it was tight?" Because it never got tight it just broke. So that has saved me a ton of headaches because I remember what it was like before it.

Worst money ever spent, my Harley Road King. Not because it's unreliable or "Bleh a Harley" but because of the cost vs. use. I had a Kawasaki z650 prior to and it was $6500 new and fun little scoot, absolute shit on the highway (fast enough, I'm just a bear on a child's bicycle). My Road King though, that was $24K OTD (everything). I only ride it 6 months out of the year and 3 days a week AT MOST (I'm divorced and have my kids 50% of the time). Of those days it's only about 1.5 hours a day saddle time. Meaning I have 216 hours "in the saddle" on that bike TOTAL! THAT'S $111.11- PER HOUR!! Making it cheaper to actually just go rent a fucKING OH MY FUCKING GOD IS THAT WHAT I'M FUCKING PAYING PER HOUR ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!

28-Mar-24

As I was saying, it would have been a cheaper move so far just to rent a harley when I want to ride one. Sure I'm shorting myself a little on the hours estimate as there are weekends when the girlfriend gets on the back and we go for a ride, sometimes with friends, but I don't think I'm undercounting those hours by much. I'll never get rid of that bike, but I don't think I'll be buying another.

28-Mar-24
Pi, morphine and bowel movements... not a good combo. Sorry you had to experience whatever precipitated the need for the phine, and the literal brick extrusion... OUCH.

Sosso... I'm going on the theory that you can't buy happiness, but you can ride it... ha ha ha.

28-Mar-24
Sosso I used to do that calculation concerning a boat, although it was “cost per outing,” in my mind. Eventually I gave up, you just have to stop or it’ll make you crazy. I was taking the boat out just to try to get the number down. That’s nuts. Here’s a different one: greatest technological advancement in your lifetime. I was around long before computers, so that would be a candidate, or the internet, or cell phones. But my actual choice is frozen pizza. When I was a kid it was absolutely awful. Fast-forward about 50 years, and frozen pizza today is delicious. If you haven’t tried frozen pizza in, say, 40 years—you definitely should.

28-Mar-24
Screaming Sicilian co. Mother of meat. Enough said

28-Mar-24
Pi, sorry about the Morphine. But fun fact, it's why Vincent Vega (Heroin addict) is always going to the bathroom in Pulp Fiction. Not saying you are, just that it does that to you. Sorry man.

Jeb, I'm gonna have to think on that one.

28-Mar-24

MA-PAdeerslayer's embedded Photo
MA-PAdeerslayer's embedded Photo
To piggy back on pi about toilet being a great creation.

Cooler and grill.

28-Mar-24
Ma pa , you know what really burns my ass? Yu that .

Not a secret . Thanks for the concern gents. Had a double nerve impingement in the arm . After a good workout I stretched just so and off to the races on a horse called firefromhell.

The ER gave me enough to get home and a bunch of sissy crap that didn't touch the pain. Steroids takes a few days to help and long story short I was going out of my mind .

I walked the line between rage and threatening to play in traffic . Then they caved in and gave me better sissy pills.

Truth is I had to scrounge what I could get to numb it down and finally slept a few hours on the 3rd or 4th night.

All is healing up but still pain and numbness but nothing like it was for the first week. No muscle or tendons affected so it's just a freak nerve squashing .

I am fortunate to have a natural aversion to addiction. Believe me I've tried but I'm just not cut out for that life.

I went for a timid workout today and nothing exploded.

Wild ride. Good to be back .

28-Mar-24
Ouch Pi - Nerve pain... Not an enjoyable experience for damn sure. Hope the numbness and all settles out asap.

That toilet makes me think of a toilet like 50yds into the woods from a spot I used to park to hunt in CT. I was always surprised no one ever appeared to use it...

28-Mar-24
I'm surprised you checked.

Thanks Will , I'm glad I got the spring cleanup done before all this.

Happy spring ! Stuff is coming up !

28-Mar-24
Best money: my schnees hiking boots and stone glacier pack. They have changed my life.

Worst money: ya taxes.

28-Mar-24
Said ye who craps in the wilderness.

29-Mar-24
Best money I've spent in the last few years was a second hand Lexus ;-)

Worst was arrows that were too light! ;-)

29-Mar-24
And for today’s installment of nonsense: I highly recommend the word game “Wordle.”

29-Mar-24
Wordle is fun Jeb. My kid loves it, and has started a literal club at his middle school to work on it. Heads up too, there is a game called "Wordie" which is the same thing, but you can play over and over and over, vs 1x day.

Dana - I feel you. I have a box of unopened 300 spined FMJ's in the basement that my bow doesn't like (the chart says it should, but it doesnt)...

On that front, any one want an unopened 6 pack from Lancaster Archery Supply of 300 spined 28.5 roughly inch long shafts, happy to talk shop.

29-Mar-24
DC, Lexus is a bow made by Hoyt in Japan, right? LOL Jeb, my wife plays Wordle every morning. It's a fun game. She was finally stumped by the word "khaki". I'll bet you got it.

30-Mar-24
BD, no, it's a Japanese luxury car made in Canada ;-)

(But 'Yamaha' bows are highly thought of by some shooters...)

31-Mar-24
DC, It was depressing when Browning moved a factory from Belgium to Japan. When I get back from Bass Pro everything in my bag was made in China including the bag ! Does not bode well .

03-Apr-24
Here’s an update: in what constitutes the most exciting development in my life, I tried the Screaming Sicilian Mother of Meat frozen pizza, suggested by Lunker. Thank you for that, Lunker. It was very good, definitely worth being aware of, and I would now recommend it myself. However, my favorite frozen pizza remains unchanged: Wild Mike’s, comes in a brightly-colored box. Cheese, pepperoni, etc, you can’t go wrong.

03-Apr-24
Portnoy's frozen pizza pretty good . Can buy in Walmart.

03-Apr-24

Wilgabeast's embedded Photo
Wilgabeast's embedded Photo
Wel I bought it lastnight so rite now it feels like it’s the best purchase . 1997 proline sportsmen 27. Twin Johnson 200’s .

03-Apr-24
Have lots of fun with it

03-Apr-24
Nice!

03-Apr-24
Enjoy it Wilga.

03-Apr-24
OH SWEET!! Enjoy dude! It's gonna be a great summer!!

03-Apr-24
Where (what water body) will be the main destination for the boat?

03-Apr-24
Flat tire.

03-Apr-24
Well we have the house down in harwhich . So I’m a 15-20 minute tow to be south of the islands , east of chatham and cape cod bay

03-Apr-24
The Tacoma gonna tow that bad boy? ;)

Congrats bud

03-Apr-24
Lol doesn’t need to nick

03-Apr-24
You don’t count Wilga. You’ve got two Bests….The two happiest days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. Lol :)

Congrats! Catch lots of fish bud!

04-Apr-24
Hahahaha blood ain’t that true!

04-Apr-24
B.o.a.t. break out another thousand.

04-Apr-24
The best kind of boat ?someone else's

05-Apr-24
Half the people saying Al the stuff about a boat probably never owned one . This will be my second center console . This one was bought with the plan of recreational tuna fishing south of the islands and east of Chatham . It’s made for it

05-Apr-24
That’s pretty neat! Hope to see some tuna pictures!

05-Apr-24
Lol yes the idea is neat . The 8-10k in tackle and gear it takes to get up for it isn’t as neat …. Lol it’s good to have friends who are into it too

05-Apr-24
Wilga no one’s saying it to be a dick lol. They’re being playful and joking, those are all sayings of owning a boat and most of the time true lol. There’s always something to do when you own a boat… always. lol

05-Apr-24
Lol I know that I’m just simply stating that half the people who commented about a boat have probably not ever owned one . No excitement like when you leave the dock on a dark foggy cape cod morning heading for the tuna gripunds . That feeling is priceless . And that’s not even counting the feeling when you hook up and the 9000 lb boat starts getting pulled around by a FISH

05-Apr-24
MAPA - most importantly, when it comes to boats, it's all about taking people you know only through the internet on free fishing trips. That's a thing, really... :)

05-Apr-24
We can plan a Bowsite trip for sea bass in a month or two

05-Apr-24
Gonna need a bigger boat.... :)

05-Apr-24
Gas money=free trips

Me and my buddy use to supply the bait and gear for some gas in the tank :)

05-Apr-24
Exactly Mapa … I already got about 6 free trips lined up

05-Apr-24
The saying that the two best days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it are so true. I had a 19 foot center console I used to moor in Buzzards Bay for years. We had great times in that thing with my family. But man, was I glad to sell it. The ocean is serious shit. I also used to windsurf out there. She is not forgiving. But man I had fun. Back to boats. It's a love hate relationship for sure.

07-Apr-24
I once knew a guy who liked to tinker, and he had a big boat—he loved every aspect of it. Every day he was working on something with the boat. A lot of these tasks were unnecessary, I’m sure, but it was exactly what he wanted to be doing.

07-Apr-24
Lol sounds like me … like today most people would hate the day I have planned …. But I can’t wait to pressure wash the boat and hook up the batteries and start wiring the new front led light bar! Fun stuff to me, better then sitting inside

07-Apr-24
One million and three things to do when you have a boat. And not enough time to do them. Wax that sucker so it shines too

07-Apr-24
Little too cold for my liking to wax . I’ll do that once it warms up a bit . Then she will really shine ..

• Sitka Gear