Will 28-Mar-24
peterk1234 28-Mar-24
Jebediah 28-Mar-24
Jebediah 28-Mar-24
Big Dog 28-Mar-24
Will 28-Mar-24
Big Dog 29-Mar-24
27-Mar-24
Ha. Got your attention. Not a with a bow, but with my 308. I upgraded my scope this year to a leupold vx5 with a firedot. What's really nice though is I can dial for elevation.

I have been working on getting my DOPE as prefect as possible, with the goal of getting out to 600 meters. I would never hunt to those distances. My self imposed limit is 325 yards, maybe 350.

Omg that its some of the best fun you can legally have with a gun. I've got my settings pretty much dead on, so just need to look at my DOPE card dial the scope and shoot. Adjusting for wind is a trip. Had to hold left about 16 inches but I hit the red twice and was within a few inches with my other four shots.

Everything starts to gets exaggerated at these distances, wind, movement, etc, so it will be great training for slightly shorter distances for hunting.

Just great fun. If you enjoy shooting a rifle and have the opportunity to poke it out there past a couple hundred yards, do it. It's just a lot of fun.

27-Mar-24
Illegal in mass

27-Mar-24
Lunka , Aim for RI or NH. That should cover it.

I shoot into the Atlantic and seldom mis.

27-Mar-24
Pi, didn’t you miss that time we were fishing and your tried to throw a beach ball into the ocean?? When we were in a boat…on the ocean…

27-Mar-24
Pi, didn’t you miss that time we were fishing and your tried to throw a beach ball into the ocean?? When we were in a boat…on the ocean…

27-Mar-24
I remember something like you in red and yellow shorts falling in. The rest is a blur.

28-Mar-24
Pete. It’s like a kid in a candy store sometimes. I had opportunities out to 60 yds for axis on Molokai. I couldn’t even find them in the reticle at 450. Hahaha

28-Mar-24
Sounds like fun. I can't imagine practicing at 400m.

28-Mar-24
I'm pretty sure mimicking a rifle or thinking about one is illegal. I think it's a hate crime or discriminatory

28-Mar-24
Yes Lunker, mind control and thought reform are what it's all about these days. November will usher in the rut and the "vote".

28-Mar-24
Pete, I just want to point out that if you are working on getting your dope right, your shooting may suffer. I know it's supposed to be relaxing... But I think it goes to far, and if you get a bad batch, you may not see accurately anyway.

Oh, wait, not that kind of dope... ha ha ha!

Sounds like some fun shooting, enjoy it!

28-Mar-24
Well done Will! You had me there for a second! Going back today to shoot at 400 meters, but off my pack. Time to practice hunting situations. Bear season is approaching quick.

28-Mar-24
Just a different world, sounds great! Do you have a cheap source for ammunition? Not at all a joke. Every time I pull the trigger, I think of $1 going down range.

28-Mar-24
And by “down range,” I mean 100 yards max…

28-Mar-24
Jeb, try pulling the trigger on some TSS turkey loads !!

28-Mar-24
I'm always amazed by western ranges. I mean, many places we all hunt in the east may not be 400 meters wide between roads.... I'd need good glass to be sure what I was looking at was a critter and not a rock. It's a unique skill, that's for sure! I'd be an epic fail!

29-Mar-24
Unless a certain party mentions "mule deer" I'll remain in Ma. , sleep in my own bed and shoot a spike !

• Sitka Gear