Blind for turkeys
Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
air leak 21-Apr-24
nehunter 21-Apr-24
N8tureBoy 21-Apr-24
Thisismyhandle 21-Apr-24
21-Apr-24

I have a new private land spot this year, and it's bow only. I'm not hitting it until I kill a bird with my shotgun.

I'll need a blind while using the bow.

Anyone here have experience shooting your bow out of a blind?

Pro's and con's?

Please and thank you.

21-Apr-24
I tried using a pop up blind 2 year's ago at a bow only spot and decided to leave it up in advance. Came back 3 days later to hunt and a Bear decided to make a few extra windows for me.

So be careful.

21-Apr-24
First time shooting from a blind, I forgot to account for parallax. I had a clear sight picture of the deer... but forgot that my arrow was about 3-4" lower than my sight and the arrow went through the wall and the folded down flap, sending it low and underneath the belly of the deer.

As nehunter mentioned, if you are in an area with bears they will probably investigate it if you leave it out. From what I hear, turkeys don't mind if you set it up 15 minutes before you arrive.

21-Apr-24
I’ve never shot a bow through a blind window but I’d imagine you’d want to use fixed broadheads. From what I’ve read the mesh doesn’t impede the arrow flight but I’d imagine if you’re using a mechanical with just a O ring, you’ll run the risk of it the mesh causing it to open.

• Sitka Gear