hmaxims 16-May-18
Elkstuffer 13-Jun-18
EZBreazy 14-Jun-18
GregorM 19-Jun-18
Royboy 20-Jun-18
TreeWalker 20-Jun-18
GregorM 09-Jul-18
08-May-18
Hey all, Headed out to southern Washington in July (from the East coast) for a family trip. Staying about 1/2 hour north of Portland. My son is graduating high school soon and unfortunately because of the timing of the family trip is kind of getting screwed out of a graduation trip I had planned for him. He is an avid fisherman and puts his old man's talents to shame. He also likes to shoot.

I was wondering if anyone had any connections for a special fishing trip or long range outdoor shooting range so I can kind of do something special just for him. I'm not up on the gun laws out there but I have a LTC and he has taken gun safety classes. Thanks!

12-May-18
My guess would be to call Bob's Sporting Goods in Longview and ask there. I don't fish or shoot guns, so I don't know personally.

12-May-18
What town will you be staying? I know Rainier has a 100yd shooting range. Its $25 a year for membership and I would assume you'll only use it once, but that's a possibility. As far as fishing, I second the idea of contacting Bob's sporting goods in Longview or Fins tackle in clatskanie..both are excellent sources for local guides or knowledgeable fishermen looking to trade help to launch their boat for a seat on it. It's worth a call to either one.

16-May-18
Thanks guys. Staying in Sherwood OR for a few days and then up to Battleground WA. Appreciate the info.

13-Jun-18
You could always take him fishing for sturgeon or steelhead. Or head further west to the coast and take him out for bottom fish or salmon. Lots of charters in those areas. Have fun!!!!

14-Jun-18
Garibaldi charters isn't too far from there. They have everything from bottom fishing/crabbing to Tuna that time of year.

19-Jun-18

GregorM's Link
Yes, you guys are good fellows, so have a good time. I've been spending my vacation at home, getting very lazy, and watching TV. In general I have fun as I can. I like to read articles here https://under-the-open-sky.com/ with a laugh die. So I love everything about hunting.

20-Jun-18
You could try Tracy Zoller, good guy,fishing guide

20-Jun-18
You are within 45 minutes of Portland metro while in Sherwood and Battleground. So, any fishing guide operating out of Portland would be convenient. The coast is 2 hours and depending on what will fish for then add commute time on boat so would be a long day and hard to anticipate the conditions for the day you pick. Could be overcast all day as coast gets clouded in or could be blue sky. Calm seas or rough.

Fishing the Columbia River would berather easy. Should be 90F and blue sky with sunlight from 5am to 9pm and no humidity discomfort!

09-Jul-18

GregorM's Link
Yes, you guys are good fellows, so have a good time. I've been spending my vacation at home, getting very lazy, and watching TV. In general I have fun as I can. I like to read articles here http://under-the-open-sky.com/ with a laugh die. So I love everything about hunting

• Sitka Gear