Mathews Inc.
Choose your weapon?
Oregon
Contributors to this thread:
gangster40 05-Jan-20
WapitiBob 05-Jan-20
gangster40 05-Jan-20
05-Jan-20
Wasn't sure how to title this. My question is, because a lot of hunters in general, put in for a draw rifle tag and if they do not draw, they pick up bow in late May (at least I hope they practice) and get their over the counter bow tag. Would you be in favor of people having to choose ether rifle or bow each year. Or would you rather see Archery go to a lottery system. I don't believe ODFW would do ether right away, because of all the money they would lose on the over the counter Archery tags. It was just a thought.

05-Jan-20
Both have been discussed, both have been round filed by the Commission. They will not limit opportunity because some want fewer people in the woods.

05-Jan-20
Did I say limit. Not that I meant to, but now that you said it they did limit how many rifle hunters are out there. In some ways having more people out there is helpful, to keep animals on the move. On the part of the rifle hunters picking up a bow, I am not concerned about a few of them, it is the ones that do not practice and just shot a few times and go out thinking they are good enough. I work in Archery retail and there has been so many times I have had someone come in right before archery season and want to by a bow, because they didn't get draw their tag, or want their bow tuned up that they haven't shot in 2 or more years, or come in for a new string 1 or 2 days before season. I care more about the sport then the numbers. I know I can't change these people, I have tried.

• Sitka Gear