Dogsoldier 18-Oct-11
sundowner 18-Oct-11
Shuteye 19-Oct-11
Dogsoldier 19-Oct-11
sundowner 19-Oct-11
HA/KS 20-Oct-11
17-Oct-11

farfromflinging's Link
First AZ and Colorado, and then the rest follows...

If you can remove access to using guns, then the second amendment takes a major blow backwards...

17-Oct-11
Well the ATF sells guns to terrorist but don't want us to target practice on public land? Big bunch of BS. Damn liberals. The state doesn't allow target shooting on the public hunting areas in my location. However, the "Hunters", shoot all the signs around the area. Road signs, state signs and my posted signs. They even shot my mail box a few weeks ago with a shotgun, from about ten feet. People like this screw it up for everyone.

17-Oct-11
Well the ATF sells guns to terrorist but don't want us to target practice on public land? Big bunch of BS. Damn liberals. The state doesn't allow target shooting on the public hunting areas in my location. However, the "Hunters", shoot all the signs around the area. Road signs, state signs and my posted signs. They even shot my mail box a few weeks ago with a shotgun, from about ten feet. People like this screw it up for everyone.

17-Oct-11
Sorry.

17-Oct-11
I don't think this is so much a 2nd Ammendment issue as a "trash" issue - at least here in AZ. People drag all kinds of stuff out into the desert, shoot the heck out of it and drive off.

If we did a better job of cleaning up after ourselves, it wouldn't be an issue. I can see where they are coming from.

18-Oct-11
AZ:

Agree to a point. We have a place near by where people come to shoot "s**t", and have avoided problems by scheduling regular clean-ups. Of course, it is obvious that in MI we don't have the kind of space you have, so sites like this are limited.

However, I was wondering about a comparison of the amount of trash that we have seen in many pictures left by illegal immigrants on their invasion routes. It would seem to be a similar problem, but given a pass by the same imposing restrictions on target shooters.

In my "nasty" imagination, I can see a solution to both problems...switching to biodegradable targets ;o)

18-Oct-11
It's not about trash. It's about guns. Shooters aren't the only ones leaving garbage behind. But they're the only ones being singled out for it.

18-Oct-11
Bluetick, you are right. No one seems to be upset about all the garbage left by the stream of illegal immigrants crossing our borders every day, but they get all up about something left behind by Americans taking advantage of their Second Amendment Rights, on their own property! United States of America Public Property! Not about trash at all. Guns are the problem for people like Ken Salazar, the idiot Interior Secretary.

Maybe the Binary Exploding Targets, or Tannerite, are the answer. Then we would be arrested for Noise Pollution!!

18-Oct-11
Well as I see it if you have to get a "permit"= permission to conceal/carry a gun then you don't have the right to a gun period.That is a privilege not a right.

18-Oct-11
WRONG......according to the Constitution we have the RIGHT to keep & BEAR arms!

18-Oct-11
Nomad...tell that to the Gov....If you have a right to something then you don't need a permit.Thats a contradiction.

18-Oct-11
That's what I keep saying, Dog. Why do I need to spend $100 and a day in class to earn a permit to do something my Constitution already gives me the right to do? Wait........Correction, God already gives me the right to do!

19-Oct-11
I am lucky, I have a shooting range on my property. I even have a little shed with shooting bench right next to the window so I can shoot in bad weather. Spotting scope so I don't have to walk down to the target.

19-Oct-11
sund...To have to get a permit=permission means its not a right its a privilege.Of course if you've read the constitution then you know that is 100% unconstitutional.The Gov is committing treason.They just about ignore the constitution in everything they do.

19-Oct-11
Dog, I have read the Constitution, and I know that you are correct. That is why I will not waste my time applying to the government for a permit to carry a handgun. I already have the RIGHT to BEAR ARMS, and you can bet I exercise that RIGHT, just about every day.

I am sure there would be problems with the law if I ever have to use a gun without a carry permit, but from what I can understand of the concealed carry law, there is the probability of prosecution anyway for someone who uses a gun in self defense. Not too worried about it, obviously.

20-Oct-11
It has been illegal to target shoot on certain public hunting lands for as long as I can remember. That doesn't make it right, but it isn't new.

• Sitka Gear