TD 20-Jul-15
HeadHunter® 21-Jul-15
Woods Walker 21-Jul-15
Glunt@work 21-Jul-15
Seapig@work 21-Jul-15
HeadHunter® 21-Jul-15
Pat C. 21-Jul-15
18-Jul-15
Donald trump said that John McCain was not a war hero today.

Donald you shot yourself in the foot but missed . It should have been your head.

The Rock

18-Jul-15
This will push voters back toward the traditional candidates, which likely only helps bush.

I am extremely frustrated with McCain as a political leader. I still appreciate what he has done as a member of our military.

18-Jul-15
Rocky,

Agreed.

He then crapped on McCain for being a POW.

McCain, RINO and dottering old fool that he is, volunteered for the Navy and for flight school. He survived five years of torture in a POW camp. He had the opportunity to be released, because the North Vietnamese thought he would be a great bargaining tool (McCain's father was an Admiral at the time), but McCain told them to go pound sand!

Trump, on the other hand, got five separate deferments and did not serve.

UFB!

To paraphrase Reagan, "There he goes again!"

Rick Perry called on Trump to pull out of the race. (Perry served as a C-130 pilot in the USAF.)

18-Jul-15
Henry,

I strongly disagree.

I believe Trump's support comes almost entirely from people who detest the establishment and Washington. That's pretty much all the candidates EXCEPT Bush.

18-Jul-15
I disagree as well. Trump is diverting the "bat chit crazy" fire that would have landed on Paul and Cruz should there not been some dufus ape in the race. Granted, the whole media dynamic is illegitimate but Trump's presence keeps them from focusing on legitimate candidates.

McCain proves that virtue is not transferrable. He was a bonafide war hero. But that does not mean he is qualified to cast a single vote on the business of my country.

18-Jul-15
And this one goes in Trump's "minus" column.

McCain is a lot of things, some of which I don't like, but NO ONE can call him anything less than a hero.

He put it all on the line by choice and he paid a price for it. God Bless him for that!

18-Jul-15
John Kerry piloted his Swift Boat into live fire, time and time again.

Not too many in this world have done that.

I respect him for that.

I despise him for what he has done since.

Just say'n.

18-Jul-15
....now I would not piss on Trump if he was on fire. Anybody else. Not the military and this man whom I have little love for but respect in the highest regard.

Withdrawl now, right now.....immediately if you are a man with a modicum of a conscious. Next...beg forgiveness for your fuqn blasphemy you pr..k. You went too far and fuqed with the wrong bull.

The Rock

18-Jul-15
What Rocky said!

18-Jul-15
Trump just showed us there's not even an ounce of humanity in the man.

18-Jul-15
I respect McCain's service to our county; but in reality, his time has passed. Since his run for President, too many times he has made statements as dumb as Trump's. Reading Trump's comments on Breitbart, the Donald does have some points.

McCain, of all Senators, should be putting our veterans and the continuing failures of the VA as a top priority. And as a military man, he should be speaking out on the weakening of our military.

Not having seen or heard the comments, I note that Breitbart reports that Trump was badgered and interrupted while trying to expand and clarify his statement.

Fox News Pundit Stephen Hayes Badgers Donald Trump over McCain Comments

While I am not a big Trump fan (I believe if not for him, not any candidate would be addressing the issue of the problems of illegal immigration), I do think this is another media created meme. We all have seen how the OPRESS™ has joined forces to diminish enemies of the obamunists. Too many of both parties (especially the eGOP)would love to see Trump leave the field and have taken this event as an opportunity to press that issue.

From Breitbart:

Trump Campaign Statement on John McCain

I am not a fan Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) because he has done so little for our Veterans and he should know better than anybody what the Veterans need, especially in regards to the VA. He is yet another all talk, no action politician who spends too much time on television and not enough time doing his job and helping the Vets. He is also allowing our military to decrease substantially in size and strength, something which should never be allowed to happen.

Furthermore, he was extremely disrespectful to the thousands upon thousands of people, many of whom happen to be his constituents, that came to listen to me speak about illegal immigration in Phoenix last week by calling them “crazies”.

These were not “crazies”—these were great American citizens.

I have great respect for all those who serve in our military including those that weren’t captured and are also heroes.

I want to strengthen our military and take care of our Veterans. I want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN especially for those that serve to protect our freedom. I am fighting for our Veterans!

Note, Mr. Trump left to a long lasting standing ovation, which will be by far the biggest ovation of the weekend, and much congratulatory praise.

18-Jul-15
trublu,

"Fools rush in....."

Which is exactly what we're seeing here from people who support him, yet should know better.

18-Jul-15
Trump isn't interested in running for President. He is simply causing trouble to feed his ego. It was incredibly stupid for him to disrespect McCain's military service. McCain would have every right to punch Trump in the mouth for being stupid.

18-Jul-15
Hillary is going to be pissed.

18-Jul-15

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Yes, and that will make her cankles swell. Not good!

18-Jul-15

Anony Mouse's Link
The only reason that Trump has created so much interest is that he is saying things and asking the questions that the GOP won't.

Example: see link

If Trump really were Presidential material, contents of the link would garner great support. After my quickie trip to FL, people are not happy with what the Obama and the Democrats have done during the Obama reign...and they are highly disappointed that the GOP has not only failed to live up to their promises, but have the appearance of either caving to or supporting the status quo.

Several articles seen blogjogging that Trump in the long run will be a boon to Bush being the GOP candidate. I'm sure that will bring a lot of enthusiasm to the CF and the rest of the country.

BOHICA

18-Jul-15

Anony Mouse's Link

19-Jul-15
Trump is out. He gave himself enough rope to hang himself with. He believed he could say anything about anybody and there for a while he was right and "right' America agreed. His head outgrew his brain plain and simple.

This man suffered in Hanoi while that whore Jane Fonda was making movies and Trump was in his limo banging 20 yr. olds two at a time.

Trump NEVER should have went there for any reason. He should have known better. Another who underestimated the emotional power Americans have for their vets, at least from those who remember the indignities.

Trump...end of story. No tears here.

The Rock

19-Jul-15
X-1 Rock.

"Trump NEVER should have went there for any reason."

Exactly.

19-Jul-15
Don't forget, the POTUS is also the Commander-in-Chief of our armed forces.

Trump has flat out disqualified himself with his remarks.

19-Jul-15
Is Trump's run for the Presidency a huge prank of some sort? How anyone ever could take that clown seriously is beyond me.

19-Jul-15
Is America a great country or what? In America, even a ego-maniacal blowhard can become a billionaire.

19-Jul-15
Iktomi, I agree......but I thought the same about Obama.

Turned out a prank all right; a huge prank on the American people.

19-Jul-15
Whatever ones feelings about Trump and whether he is serious or not, I believe we need to put his campaign into a little more perspective.

The first thing that comes to my mind is that neither party nor the media has ever had to deal with a candidate like Trump--and the fear and loathing is far too easy to see. The media seems rather confused when it comes to dealing with him. Try as they might to dismiss him with negative reporting, he has refused to kowtow to them. It might be of best interest to limit coverage, but the Donald has played them perfectly. Every time a sponsor drops him, they report it and Donald gets more publicity for free. Doesn't matter what he actually would do as President--he is saying the things that far too many Americans have held pent up inside for far too long. Trump has released those feelings unlike any other spokesperson has done.

Overall, it seems the more he is attacked, the more he resonates with those that see the GOP failing in their election mandates.

Second, the only candidate running in either party who has more negative baggage than Trump is protected by the media. Hillary has remained aloof when it comes to all the warts that have been presented. Trump, however, even with media and his own party trying to bring him down and get him out of the campaign, continues on saying what many people have kept in their minds. Most of the other Republican party candidates facing the same sorts of criticism and pressure would have folded as seen so often in the past.

Trump Responds

Example:(Twitter)

Why would anybody listen to @MittRomney? He lost an election that should have easily been won against Obama. By the way,so did John McCain!

Wasn't that pretty much the feeling here on the CF? Romney blew his campaign?

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Trump when it comes to McCain and the VA. McCain is one Senator who has the verifies to bring focus and pressure on the VA, yet has put illegals at a higher priority. Veterans should never have to wait months for the benefits they earned in service to our country while illegal invaders have little trouble getting their unearned freebies.

I do hope that the GOP ends up running a Walker/Cruz type ticket, but in many ways it is good that Trump has forced many of the issues that others tip-toe around to the forefront and being must address issues.

Having to vote for Trump over Hillary would be another choice of voting for the "lesser of two weasels"...I am so tired of having to vote that way. For once, I would like to enthusiastically vote FOR a candidate. Even so, I have to appreciate that Trump has brought issues to the surface in such a manner that those running must actually address them.

19-Jul-15
Mouse,

I don't think anyone has a problem with what Trump said about McCain's record as a Senator. But he clearly crapped all over McCain and all other POWs who dared to get "captured."

He's done.

19-Jul-15
Mouse,

You are correct in that assessment but this man spit on not only the vets but the families, mothers and fathers of whose children will and did sacrifice their lives for my children. It can not get bigger than that in my world. Seems like I see a wounded warrior commercial everyday and everyday I end up an emotional mess after seeing it...then he says this.

The Rock

19-Jul-15
Walker and esp. Cruz will carry the torch.

Cruz says much of what Trump says, only better stated and without the bluster and frequent stupidity of Trump.

19-Jul-15

slade's Link
Hmmmmm

""Donald Trump appears to have gotten under the skin of not only Democrats, but also fellow Republicans and the news media. Has that subjected Trump, a Republican presidential candidate, to unfair and/or inaccurate reporting?

An article in the Washington Post today is headlined, “Trump slams McCain for being ‘captured’ in Vietnam.”

The article’s lead sentence states, “Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump slammed Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a decorated Vietnam War veteran, on Saturday by saying McCain was not a war hero because he was captured by the North Vietnamese [emphasis added].”

Is this report accurate?

In fact, Trump’s actual quote is the opposite of what is presented in the Post’s first sentence.

Discussion

1. The Post did not provide context at the outset disclosing that McCain and Trump have been feuding, with McCain characterizing some Trump supporters as “crazies” and Trump stating that McCain graduated last in his class in Annapolis. The charged rhetoric continued at the conservative Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa this weekend.

2. When a panelist characterized McCain as a “war hero,” the Post is accurate in reporting that Trump initially said McCain is “not a war hero.” But then, Trump immediately modified his statement saying– four times– that McCain is a war hero:

“He is a war hero.”

“He’s a war hero because he was captured.”

“He’s a war hero, because he was captured.”

“I believe, perhaps, he’s a war hero. But right now, he’s said some very bad things about a lot of people.”

3. Did Trump say McCain is not a war hero because he was captured? No, not in the exchanges represented in the Post.

4. Is the Post’s characterization an accident? It would appear not, because it is repeated in the Post’s caption of the video clip, which also states: “Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a decorated Vietnam war veteran, was not a war hero because he was captured by the North Vietnamese [emphasis added].”

Further, in the Post’s second sentence, Trump is quoted as stating of McCain, “He’s not a war hero…He’s a war hero because he was captured,” but the article selectively left out the phrase Trump had uttered in between: “He is a war hero.”

Conclusion

Trump actually said the opposite of what the Post lead sentence and video caption claim. The Post might have been able to get away stating that Trump “implied” McCain was not a war hero because McCain was captured, but even that would have been a subjective interpretation since Trump had actually stated the opposite.

It’s true that Trump stated one time that McCain is not a war hero. But Trump stated four times that McCain is a war hero–and that was not accurately characterized in the article.""

19-Jul-15
He said what he said.

Then, when the crowd started hissing and booing and the interviewer pressed him, Trump tried to weasel out of it.

What part of of, "I like people who don't get captured" don't you understand?

19-Jul-15
John Kerry piloted his Swift Boat into live fire, time and time again.

Jimmy Carter, as a young Naval Officer, waded into a runaway Nuclear Reactor, and saved the Nation.

Lyndon Johnson was Awarded the Silver Star in WWII.

NvaGvUp has stated that John McCain is a RINO for years.

These are facts. Ugly - maybe. But, they are facts, just the same.

19-Jul-15
Only if you haven't seen the video!

19-Jul-15

Trump is a necessity, he needs to talk then talk some more

I heard things last night from Carson, Huckabee, Perry & Graham that made my jaw drop

All these guys better step the F&*% up! and keep the course

19-Jul-15
I can't believe Some of you guy's with this Hero worship crap. John McCain was a screw up then and still is!! Go look at his record.

20-Jul-15
"Cruz says much of what Trump says, only better stated and without the bluster and frequent stupidity of Trump."

Except he's not on the same important media level of a Kardashian like Trump is......

If somebody thinks Trumps ego as it exits his blowhole is worth listening to maybe they should do just a little research into his history and regurgitate all of what he has said in the past, not just the tiny bits and pieces they want to hear in this current Trump Time Continuum..... also known as "He's running (off at the mouth) for president.... again..."

21-Jul-15
"Hero" word is used very very loosely in today's America! I too want someone like Trump to shake this country up and to make people open their eyes as well as their ears! Liberals will not like Trump! I hope they all are shaking in their boots. Too many SHEEP in America today and they will never be a "hero" ..... (jmho)

21-Jul-15
"I think, if anything, we should all be saddened by the failure of Trump to be more discerning. The only guy to have voiced the serious issues that are country faces will fade to black.

Now enter the bureaucrats that will pander to special interest and solving the non existent problems that plague us.

We all lose"

1-X Buckiller!

21-Jul-15
Trump is accomplishing exactly what he intended to when he decided to run. Its a mix of putting his ideas out there, gaining publicity and fame, and setting himself up for future success. Being the President might be in there somewhere, but I doubt its his real end goal.

21-Jul-15

Seapig@work's Link
Hmmm. Looks like a 'miss' that scored.

The Donald's poll numbers are soaring. Maybe a bunch of us really don't like McCain or maybe a bunch of us really like someone that will just speak his mind and not worry about hurt feelings.

21-Jul-15
Well, if being captured makes one a 'hero', then most of those in prison would be a 'hero' to someone. (I guess) and The Five GITMO released prisoners then are a 'hero' to The Taliban also .... and Pvt. Bird-dung is a 'hero' for being a deserter and traitor because he got The Gitmo prisoners released (kind of) .... and I guess "O" could get another Peace Prize for all of that PLUS and The Iran fiasco he's doing now ....oh, and did Kerry get another Purple Heart for falling off his wittle bicycle accident ?? (he's so undeserving of any 'fame')

HERO is so misused .... I have only met a couple of Actual Hero's in my day! Saving Lives at the risk of loosing your own life ..... actually SAVING life .... just 'serving' don't get a status as a 'hero'!

Trump could be a 'hero' IF he can win POTUS and get America back to AMERICA and "We the People" in charge! But I fear there are too many 'sheep' in America today for THAT to happen! (jmho)

21-Jul-15
Dangit Herm I was going to be a hero because I served under Carter. I guess im not .

• Sitka Gear