dm/wolfskin 15-Jul-17
Anony Mouse 15-Jul-17
HA/KS 15-Jul-17
Jimbo 18-Jul-17
Mike in CT 18-Jul-17
Brotsky 19-Jul-17
Mad dog 19-Jul-17
15-Jul-17
Earlier this year, Trump, Jr. said he never had any campaign-related meetings with any Russians. Not true.

After admitting (because the NY Times was about to do a story on it) to meeting with the Russian attorney, Natalia Veselnitskaya, Trump, Jr. said the topic was Russian adoptions. Not true. We now know that wasn't even close to what the meeting was really about.

In his damage control interview with Sean Hannity, Trump, Jr. said what had already been revealed is all there was to it. Not true... he left out the other guy who attended the meeting... a man by the name of Rinat Akhmetshin who Republican Senator Chuck Grassley is reported to have said was a self-admitted former Russian counter intelligence officer.

A couple of points. First, If anyone who worked for me ever repeatedly lied like that, I would fire them. Dishonesty can never be tolerated. Second, the willingness to overlook these known lies by Trump, Jr. makes it clear that politics trumps honesty for some here in the CF.

15-Jul-17

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Do you hold the same standards for Democrats too? Especially Obama's consistent out and out LYING about, "If you like your doctor/health plan you can keep your doctor/health plan? If a company was that blatant about lying to fraudulently sell you a product or service (and in the case of Obama it wasn't a sale, but a forced action) they'd be out of business/in jail......where they SHOULD be.

15-Jul-17
So, Donald Trump should fire Donald Trump, Jr, as his son? It's no longer amazing to see the dumb crap that comes from the left.

15-Jul-17
bk, you're such a dolt. You mangle the words of others to create an entirely different meaning just to provide yourself with an opportunity to be insulting. LOL

WW... show a little topic discipline... this is about Donald Trump, Jr. not being truthful. It isn't about Hillary Clinton or Loretta Lynch. Nor is it about the media. Frankly, using that meme to deflect attention on Trump Jr. for his dishonesty makes it clear you place a higher value on political loyalty than you do on honesty. Why can't you simply admit Trump Jr. is dishonest and shouldn't be trusted? Then, you could start a thread about Hillary Clinton and Loretta Lynch being dishonest, and I would post to your thread that I agree with you. Good grief!

15-Jul-17
"Earlier this year, Trump, Jr. said he never had any campaign-related meetings with any Russians"

Jimbo, are you referring to his July 8th & 9th statements? Or are you referring to another instance? If so, you need to back this up. And if not, you need to reconsider your statement.

15-Jul-17

Jimbo's Link
Solo, I'm referring to his earlier statement in March. This is from FactCheck.org (see the full report on "Donald Trump Jr.’s Evolving Statements" at the link):

- - - - - - - - - -

This wasn’t the first time the newspaper had asked Trump Jr. about meetings with Russians. In its July 8 story, the New York Times noted that in an interview with the younger Trump back in March, he said he had never “set up” any meetings with Russians and “certainly none that I was representing the campaign in any way, shape or form.” Further, he denied that he ever discussed government policies related to Russia with any Russians. None of that is accurate.

15-Jul-17

Mike in CT's Link
Jeff,

This is one of the better timelines about, from what I can see, a whole lot of inference, supposition, assumption that ultimately amounts to not a whole helluva lot.

Frankly, I've had my fill of these "gotcha" hit piece threads, regardless of the point of origin. In the interest of full disclosure I haven't back-checked all almost 19 years of my posting on the CF (perish forbid I be accused of lying for missing a thread or two over that time span) but I'm pretty sure I haven't initiated any of these types of threads.

In the first place I find them to be self-serving; scratching the itch du jour and initiating the usual CF equivalent of WWE-I've got better things to do with my time.

Collusion requires a tangible quid pro quo; to date not an iota of fact supports that concept.

Maybe it's just as simple as some definitions are just plain Greek to some, or perhaps it's even simpler; some people require an axe to grind......

15-Jul-17
Trump Jr was told this lady had something of value to the campaign. It turned out that she didn't have squat. So you call that a campaign-related meeting?

It turned out that it was nothing more than a dead end waste of time. So it wasn't a campaign-related meeting.

As desperately as you want it to be a campaign-related meeting, it wasn't. You're free to say whatever you want about it elsewhere, but stop lying about it here.

15-Jul-17
Thanks, Mike! Trump & Cump have stated they have nothing to do with Russia. And they meant it.

They want our two nations to get along. And I thank God for that. These idiots in our government and our press who hate Putin need to shut their mouths. They don't represent me or my desires for our nation. And they need to act like it.

There is much more at risk here than their own precious self esteem.

15-Jul-17
Why should I care? Trump, Jr is not a government official, any more than Billy Carter, Hugh Rodham or Jenna Bush were.

I'm more focused on who is in office, and what they can do instead of this faux outrage. So who's the dolt? How about the guy who is pooping his pants over the actions of someone who has no influence in our lives?

15-Jul-17
Hey, I like Jimbo and I respect him. But since Trump came into focus, I've watched him continually parrot the opinions coming straight out of the leftwing press. And many of those comments are more twisted than a wicker chair, and they're tailored by a personal hatred & disgust for Trump, instead of actual facts reigned over by common sense.

Jimbo has never commented on a single one of the many great accomplishments that Trump's been working hard to achieve for the conservative cause, despite the continual harsh barrage by the press, democrats and pseudo-conservatives.

I typically don't believe in comparing people, as we're all unique and complex individuals. But in many ways, I can draw a number of lines between what we see coming from Jimbo with what we saw here from Josh.

They're both dedicated neverTrumpers who call upon the enemies of the conservative cause to justify their stances. And they try to pass it off as common sense conservatism....

15-Jul-17
"COLLUSION!!!

SAY IT!!!

BELIEVE IT!!!

IMPEACH IT!!!"

OK, if you insist.......

I believe a couple of "flower-power" 60's liberal idiots colluded over an LSD-tripping orgy fest and you are the product of that unholy union.

And by all means, they should both be impounded......err, imprisoned......err, impeached.....

15-Jul-17
Here, have another dose of collusion confusion to go with your Russian concussion:

15-Jul-17
According the left its nevre too late to abort.....:)

15-Jul-17
"COLLUSION!!! SAY IT!!!

BELIEVE IT!!!

IMPEACH IT!!!"

Where is the evidence? How can we impeach our president on no evidence? Just because you "believe"?

15-Jul-17
Jimbo,

Did you really expect a impartial answer?

Here's mine. I wouldn't trust any of them to take out my trash. Red or blue team.

Matt

15-Jul-17
That's accurate, GG, and I agree with you on the vast majority. I just don't see the outrage when it's not someone who affects our lives. And I full expect people in politics to go to a meeting where they are told they could get dirt on the opposition. That's like expecting sailors to not go to some place where there's a promise to get laid.

15-Jul-17
See there? Now the claim has been made that anyone who see's right through the ongoing smear campaigns, and doesn't correspond by condemning the Trump family members isn't impartial enough to respond in an objective manner.

DJT Jr meets with the Russian chick to get some dirt on HRC on the recommendation of a dude that was either intentionally lying, or was lied to himself. And it turned out to be BS and a waste of time & effort.

And Jr gets condemned for basically nothing, and if the rest of us don't condemn him too, then we get condemned. I expected better than this from you, Matt.

15-Jul-17
Go bite yourself jim boy.

15-Jul-17

15-Jul-17
Even if the worst accusations coming from the leftists are true, there is still no there there.

18-Jul-17

Jimbo's Link
Yet another Russian in "The Meeting." They should've just held it in Russia. LOL

18-Jul-17

Mike in CT's embedded Photo
Mike in CT's embedded Photo

19-Jul-17
I had Russian vodka a few times in my life and I voted for Trump! Collusion!!!

19-Jul-17
Delusional. Uranium 1, Clinton Foundation. 500 thousand Dollar speeches. In BED with Soviets all these yrs, and still connected at the hip. How's your girl Hill holdin up? Ready to fall on her face again? Mad Dog

• Sitka Gear