tonyo6302 05-Sep-17
Woods Walker 05-Sep-17
Anony Mouse 07-Sep-17
'Ike' (Phone) 07-Sep-17
Whitey 08-Sep-17
Joey Ward 08-Sep-17
bad karma 08-Sep-17
07-Aug-17
Full court media press calling everyone a racist for Colon not being signed starting to ramp up. Does stupid get signed or sit out the season or not? Looks like his Castro comments cost him a chance in Miami.

I encourage everyone to sit out the season regardless.

07-Aug-17
Free speech can come with consequences

07-Aug-17
If not now - then for sure once we are 3/4 way through the season and a starter goes down for a team on the way to the playoff's.

That said, I sure hope I'm wrong.

07-Aug-17
He won't get signed. Between the salary cap, the sideshow, his lack of ability, and his asking price, it's not worth it.

Miami could have signed him, but instead, they brought Jay Cutler (!), who sucks, out of retirement. And paid him $10mm rather than bring in Kaepernick. You have to suck and blow at the same time to be worse than Cutler at $10mm.

07-Aug-17
Miami would have literally been the worse place to sign him - because of the huge Cuban presence and his Pro Castro stance.

08-Aug-17
Colin fans aren't doing him any favors. By raising a huge stink because a team looked at him and passed, they just added to the long list of reasons some other team won't bother even looking at him.

08-Aug-17
"Free speech can come with consequences"

^^^^^ that....

Otherwise you'd best have some out worldly talent of some kind to overcome what may come your way in reaction. Kaepernick does not. For a short time he had some physical talents that were unique. His mental talent issues have let him down. Always have.

And the liberal sports media calling everyone racist...... what Glunt said. They are doing nothing but alienating any and all football orgs not to mention their fans..... great job. Now see if they can walk after blowing off the other foot.....

If I don't like some public stance that some restaurant has come out with..... I have every right to not ever set foot in that place again for the rest of my life because of it. Just as they had every right to take their stance. THAT is real freedom. That enough people feel that way to effect their lives..... that too is freedom. Nobody has arrested them for their words. But societal disapproval is true freedom as well. Crybabies do not ride for free....

What liberals are finding out is freedom is not a one way street. They are constitutionally entitled in every way to go %@#* themselves.

08-Aug-17
When Seattle wouldn't sign him to back up Wilson, I knew he could very well be done. Seattle is made for his talent and with their D, he has room to make some bad decisions...well, between the sidelines.

The Cutler thing boggles my mind. The team must not have much confidence in Moore.

08-Aug-17
Well stated TD!

08-Aug-17
I really could not care less about this... but, when I do see something about it, I kind of get a little joy knowing that the next team decided not to sign the clown.

08-Aug-17
For the first time, it appears a pro sport is actually taking a stand against stupidity.

I say great!

08-Aug-17

Fivers's Link
Spike Lee is setting up a "United We Stand" rally for Kraperneck! It should actually be "United We Kneel" rally.

25-Aug-17

tonyo6302's Link
Pro Football Hall of Famer and Cleveland Browns legend Jim Brown panned current football players who choose to protest during the playing of the Star Spangled Banner, saying “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem.”

Brown, who fought for social causes throughout his career, told ThePostGame.com he empathizes with jobless quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who began the trend of kneeling during the anthem last season when he played for the San Francisco 49ers. But Brown said Kaepernick and other players who demonstrate – such as a dozen Cleveland players who knelt Monday – are going about their crusade the wrong way.

“I’m going to give you the real deal: I’m an American,” Brown said. “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I’m not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I’m going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I’ll work out the problems, but I’ll do it in an intelligent manner.”

Kaepernick began to kneel in order to protest what he alleged was an increasing spate of police brutality against minorities. Brown said he wants to be in Kaepernick’s “corner” on the demonstration, but he suggested the act hadn’t been thought through.

“If you have a cause, I think you should organize it, present it in a manner where it's not only you standing or sitting on one knee, but a lot of people that is gonna get behind each other and do something about it,” Brown said. “If I ask you one question: Who is Colin calling on to follow what he's talking about?”

Brown also acknowledged players should try to honor the wishes of the team owners who are paying them millions of dollars.

“Colin has to make up his mind whether he's truly an activist or he's a football player,” Brown said. “Football is commercial. You have owners. You have fans. And you want to honor that if you're making that kind of money…”

Brown added: “You have to understand there's intelligence that's involved, OK? I can't be two things at once that contradict each other. If I sign for money, then the people I sign with, they have rules and regulations.”

25-Aug-17
Rumors @ Pro Football Talk are that Jacksonville may want him at some point.

Their QB situation is a mess and their owner says he'd have no problem with Kaepernick being on the Jags.

25-Aug-17
Will they call him a plantation negro or an or an Uncle Tom like they did when he met with Trump?

25-Aug-17
KPC,

Well said.

25-Aug-17
Will be interesting to see how Commissioner Goodell handles this situation. The NAACP has sent him a letter wanting a meeting to discuss how unfair Kaepernick is being treated. I hope the NFL doesn't knuckle under to the pressure.

25-Aug-17
KPC, Very well said!

25-Aug-17
He opted out of his contract with SF. He passed on other jobs as back up QB. So now he's acting like a victim. Ever since he got the muzzy girlfriend he has gone rotten. His skills as a QB are to predictable and that's why his record went into the toilet. Any place he goes there will be conflicts in the locker room. When that happens any QB will fail. All it takes is for him to piss off some of his offensive lineman by his sideline antics. These guys protect your life and when you piss them off you'll be running for your life.

25-Aug-17
I am quite certain there is better talent out there other than the mushroom head kneeler...

I say let him go into has-been history. Permanently.

25-Aug-17
DL nailed it. He's had opportunities, now he's a victim. Teams don't like distractions. See Tim tebow

25-Aug-17
We are Americans and must show respect to our good country. That moment before a game is a moment of solidarity, binding good sportsmanship and respect for our fellow man and country. It is a moment of peace when we set aside our differences and unite as people on a greater mission. We don't need a lesson in history or a counter point in that moment. But if you must have your say you are free to do so on your own time. Have at it. If you sign that contract , it is a performance contract and you best perform . I would hope the contract stipulates conduct that is in keeping with respect for the country we live in. If it doesn't have that clause ... it should . Kneel down during our Anthem (unless you have been pelted in the nut bag , shot or belching out an alien) and your gone. Apologize to our nation and you get a second chance. Do it again and you'll be playing in Afghanistan .

We are far more united then these instigators would have you believe. Time to show it.

25-Aug-17
NO JOB!!! F him. We stand for what we believe in here in AMERICA. If you kneel for anything I consider you a bitch. If you kneel in defiance to my country I consider you a guy who's ass I want to kick.

25-Aug-17
I saw a bunch of blacks on TV tonight demanding he get a quarterback job. They said he is very good and he isn't being hired because all team owners are white. They are going to hold protests. Before you know it a lot of people just won't watch the NFL. I stopped last year but watched the super bowl.

25-Aug-17
Come on men , watch the games if you like it.. Don't let a sniveling little puke take it away . In fact even if you hate sports on the tube watch the NFL . Make some stinking noise and let the rat bastards that are invading our good homeland know that they are welcome to go play with themselves in a third world country .

This empowerment crap has gone too far. Role over them and get on with our good work in our good country. A nation divided against itself will not long stand . A. Lincoln Lets cut off the wart and be done with it.

28-Aug-17
If he had the talent of a Brady or Rodgers, he'd be playing football right now. The fact is, he is just an average, at best, quarterback, it's a tough league and will be tough to get a job, especially after his antics of last year. I guarantee that there is more talent that never had a chance to see the field at the pro level than what he has.......he had his chance and blew it. Wasn't he down to 3rd string last year and the first 2 got injured to allow him to play??

28-Aug-17
He began the season as the backup last year as he wasn't fully recovered from injuries he got in the 2015 season.

In October, he became the starter for the twelve games left in the remainder of the season. He threw 16 TDs with just 4 INTs and had a QB Rating of 90.7.

05-Sep-17

tonyo6302's Link
NFL Legend Franco Harris: Players in My Day Would Have 'Dealt With' Anthem Protesters

05-Sep-17
The only way to get the NFL to clean house is to stop watching. When the ratings drop you'll get their attention REAL fast. I'm doing my part!!!

07-Sep-17

Anony Mouse's Link
The One Simple Reason Why Colin Kaepernick Isn’t Playing Football that Everybody Missed ... (see link)

07-Sep-17
That's awesome...

08-Sep-17
Opening game was down 12.5% from last year

08-Sep-17
Well they missed a good one. Chiefs put the smackdown on the Pats.

he he he

:-)

08-Sep-17
I liked watching the Patriots lose, and have Kareem Hunt on my fantasy team. Double win.

• Sitka Gear