canepole 08-Sep-17
HA/KS 08-Sep-17
canepole 08-Sep-17
slade 08-Sep-17
07-Sep-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

HA/KS's Link
More and more, teachers are attacked in their classrooms. This is a kid who is probably 7 years old.

"Numerous parents that Muskogee NOW spoke to today

corroborated details of the student’s behavior. The boy is alleged to have grabbed Cox by the necklace and struck her. In addition, on two separate occasions, the boy took off his clothes. In the first incident, he rubbed his nipples and gyrated to the class, and in the second incident, he got completely naked and waved his genitals around to horrified second-graders.

Multiple parents told MuskogeeNOW their children are afraid to go to class.

Kaitlyn Coody, the schools’ superintendent, said the schools are in a difficult position.

07-Sep-17
It is unbelievable how much it has changed in the last 17 years, much less from the time I got my teaching license 30 years ago. I sat out for 15 years and just thought it had changed when I reentered the classroom.

07-Sep-17
The older I get the more respect I have for teachers. They have an incredible job to do and oftentimes are not given the tools to do it with, nor are they given authority commensurate with responsibility. They deserve much more from us than what we give them.

08-Sep-17
I don't think the school board would like my solution to this problem.

08-Sep-17
The teacher and room should be armed with a camera and disciplinary action taken . Anyone touches a teacher inappropriately should be sent home with a foot up the tail pipe.

Get these punks under control . Get our structure back .

08-Sep-17
I agree with K Cummings.the nuns that taught me would NEVER put up with that s##t!!

08-Sep-17
Sound so as though the kid's parents let him watch WAY to much South Park.

08-Sep-17
My sister is a teacher at a public school in my city. She deals with the worst of the worst. Crackbabies, abused kids, 12 yr old gangbangers. Due to budget cuts they took her teachers aid away a couple years ago. Unfortunately the behavior of this boy the op speaks of is a regular occurrence for my sis. It's not uncommon for her to have a black eye or swollen lip because one of the kids attacked her. She continues to do her job because sometimes she gets through to one or two of her kids and without her, most of her kids have no hope. It takes a special kind of person to put up with that.

08-Sep-17
Unfortunately the restrictions on the teacher are ridiculous and they should not have to put up with anything . Cameras on , and let the teacher defend themselves . One tough guy per school (armed and ready) watching the monitors. I would volunteer and so would many others .

08-Sep-17
The problem is that due to federal interference (Americans with Disabilities Act), schools are required to not take action against any student if their behavior is due to a disability. If the parents get a doctor or psychologist to sign that the behavior results from a disability, the hands of the school are not only tied, but they are required to provide special care for the student. It is illegal to take disciplinary action against the kid.

08-Sep-17
No it is not easy. Teachers have a very tough job. The rotten kid will get his due. Sooner or later he will get humbled. It's only a matter of time.

08-Sep-17
So take all the ADA kids and put them in the same class. Don't punish the education of the others for the few.

08-Sep-17
So here is how it would have played out in my Catholic School 2nd grade class. I wouldn't have even made it to the point of gyrating my hips or squeezing my nips. As soon as I stood up, the nun would have told me ONCE and only once to sit down. Had I continued to act up, that pointer would have been placed against my ass, with a whistling sound that brought fear into my heart. But for sake of argument, had I got to that point of stripping and grabbing my nips, she would have grabbed my ear and cracked my ass the whole way to the principals office. There I would have had to explain myself, hoping that the wooded paddle with the holes was not brought out. THEN, there would be the call home. Yeah, just kill me now.

08-Sep-17
I think we should sent the kid to a private school in Singapore. After the second or third caning, I suspect this behavior would stop.

08-Sep-17
To me kids that age are a reflection of their parenting....or lack of parenting as the case may be.

My daughter in law is earning her masters degree in elementary education teaching at a low income school district for two years. She was just amusing me with stories when I visited them a week ago.

Fortunately they don't fool around with the kids in her school in rural North Carolina and the administration seems like they have the teachers backs. She told me she has already had a kid that was kicked a kid out of school this year and some suspensions of 4th graders! She also said that out of 60 students she has throughout the day only less than 15 of them are problematic.

08-Sep-17
When I was in Jr. High School, 1970's. Western Ky, we had a young male who laid on the window seal on the 2nd floor, and started self pleasuring. He was also gay.

Anyway, the Principal gave him four hard swats with the paddle. The poor kid couldn't sit down for a couple of days. But that kid never whipped out the willy again in public.

Corporal punishment does have its place.

08-Sep-17
SA...true.

While I was subbing, it was obvious that far too many parents look at school as merely government paid daycare--nothing more,nothing less.

08-Sep-17
Bowbender: "So here is how it would have played out in my Catholic School 2nd grade class. I wouldn't have even made it to the point of gyrating my hips or squeezing my nips. As soon as I stood up, the nun would have told me ONCE and only once to sit down. Had I continued to act up, that pointer would have been placed against my ass, with a whistling sound that brought fear into my heart. But for sake of argument, had I got to that point of stripping and grabbing my nips, she would have grabbed my ear and cracked my ass the whole way to the principals office. There I would have had to explain myself, hoping that the wooded paddle with the holes was not brought out. THEN, there would be the call home. Yeah, just kill me now. "

I see I'm not the only one that attended Our Lady Of Corporal Punishment. My 2nd grade teacher was a nun, right off the boat from Italy. Nice lady from what I can recall, but she had that Italian temper, and rather than a stick she was partial to pinching a handful of that little fine hair on the back of your neck. I swear I saw her lift one kid (screaming in pain at the time) right off the ground!

Some of those old nuns were downright sadistic when it came to doling out punishment.

After 7 years at OLCP, I went on to an all male, Catholic HS. Our Principal was a priest from Pennsylvania, and prior to attending the seminary he had been a Golden Gloves boxer. My freshman year I saw him drop a senior defensive lineman with one slap, open handed. Two football players had got in a fight, and when Fr. Motzko pulled one off the idiot took a swing at him. Fr. Motzko was about 50, 5'10" and 175, and that senior was closer to 6'3" and 220.

We had a "Dean of Discipline", as well. Huge old priest named Fr. Justin, and he had a sawed off oar, complete with what I believe were 1-1/2" holes; at least that was the size of the welts it left on my older brothers arse..!

08-Sep-17
There's one other problem here. The teacher doesn't know proper grammar. Not knowing how to use child, which is singular, instead of children, and pairing child with them, which is plural, is basic.

08-Sep-17
I went to a public school and to this day that kid would have been paddled and sent home for 3 days, if not locked out permanently. Last year the high school, I attended years ago, suspended a junior for three days for sending a girl a dick pic on their own time. I don't know how they get away with it but they do. I guess I'm fortunate to live where parents support discipline.

08-Sep-17
"axe my baby daddy..." is that plural or singular?

08-Sep-17
SA, I don't even know if that's English....

08-Sep-17
Mike B. When my boys were young, if I told them to do something and they didn't immediately get up and do it, I'd grab that hair on the back of their neck and lift them out of their seat. Walk them to the sink or the garbage or wherever else I had directed them to go. They got the point real quick. Maybe twice for each kid. Now, at 17 and 15, if I tell them to do dishes or take out garbage there is no hesitation, it's done right away.

08-Sep-17
Bring back flogging. Of the parents also. THAT will get their attention.

08-Sep-17
Again, all of your (probably appropriate) solutions are no longer legal if it is determined that the student is misbehaving because of what is called a disability.

The school's hands are tied and if they try to treat the kid like many think he should be treated, the school will be bankrupt and the kid and parents will be on easy street for a very long time.

This can even happen if the school does not think it is a disability. Days, weeks, months, or years later a court can decide that it was a disability and the school should have know.

08-Sep-17
So, children with disabilities can't be disciplined at all?

Fine. Leave that kid in the class and move everyone else. Then he can whack off to his heart's content, we'll just put a blind teacher in the room.

08-Sep-17
To me......the exact same standard of behavior should be applied to the student with a disability as those without disabilities. If the student with disabilities cannot maintain that level of required behavior then they need to be educated in a different environment. It's the tail wagging the dog otherwise.

08-Sep-17
Guys, I am not disagreeing with you, but just pointing out that potential soultions are off of the table due to federal regulations.

Again, the feds need to be entirely out of education.

It is not just schools. If you rent out apartments and have a no pet policy, all a potential renter has to do is get some doctor to sign a paper saying that their goat is a service animal and you can't keep them out. You also cannot require a higher deposit. They are protected by the ADA just like this kid is.

Kids cannot be taken out of the regular classroom due to a "disability" unless it is determined that they get a more appropriate education that way. Schools are required to prove that they are providing the "least restrictive environment" for ADA kids. That means maximum time in the classroom with non-ADA kids.

Cooperative parents can see that their kid needs to be pulled out, but if parents do not consent, the school really is in a bind.

At this point, the non-disabled kids get no consideration for having their lives and education interrupted by the disabled kid.

08-Sep-17
^^^^Henry is 100 percent correct^^^^

08-Sep-17
This example is called mainstreaming. Mainstreaming happens when students with special needs are taken out of the special education classrooms and placed into the regular education room. Students get to receive their education with their non-disabled peers who are the same age as them. By doing so, students get to interact with their peers in ways that the special education classroom wouldn’t do. Many students with special needs often have an identified need to improve their social skills. Placing them into classes with a diverse group of students can certainly help increase those skills.

In theory that sound great, but... when you have an extra needs child it unfortunately places an huge burden on the teacher(s) and fellow classmates. Even if the child is not disruptive or violent, lessons can be slowed or even halted while working with the one child.

I am very sympathetic to any family with a special needs child as I'm sure the rest of you are, however it seems like this is just an exercise in futility. Just another reason for more local control of own schools when it come to discipline, curriculum, and setting school policies. Gene

08-Sep-17
BTW, I have no problem with corporal punishment and/or expulsion. Gene

08-Sep-17
"Just another reason for more local control of own schools when it come to discipline, curriculum, and setting school policies."

This!

BTW, we do not know if the child in question has been identified as special needs (though that is highly likely). There are some places where the people who run schools are just plain nuts and have no intention of doing anything about bad behavior.

08-Sep-17
Hey Henry, I'm a gambling man. If this child doesn't have some serious "issues" I've lost the farm, the shirt off my back, and the grand kids college tuition. I'm afraid it's going to take a lot more than a few azz bustings for this kid. Good luck this season, Gene.

08-Sep-17
My niece has her masters and teaches mentally disadvantaged elementary kids in a special classroom, she has 5 aids to help her handle them. There is no way they could ever be in a mainstream classroom, to say some of them are disruptive is putting it mildly.

• Sitka Gear