Salagi 08-Sep-17
Huntcell 09-Sep-17
Shuteye 09-Sep-17
Jim Moore 09-Sep-17
Russ Koon 09-Sep-17
Salagi 09-Sep-17
08-Sep-17

Salagi's Link
Hands down, bar none my favorite singer. I got to see him one time in concert and he gave the most relaxed concert you could imagine. You could tell he enjoyed being there.

08-Sep-17
Sorry yet again for not knowing jack $h!t about this sort of thing, but who is he?

08-Sep-17
And Troy Gentry from "MontgomeryGentry" in a helicopter crash(sorry, didn't see the other thread)

08-Sep-17
"Well I grew up wild and free walking these fields in my bare feet There wasn't no place I couldn't go with a twenty-two rifle and a fishing pole Well I live in the city but don't fit in you know it's a pity the shape I'm in But I got no home and I got no choice oh Lord have mercy on a country boy

When I was young I remember well I'd hunt the wild turkey and the bob-white quail The river was clear and deep back then and fishin' lines tied to the willow limb.."

08-Sep-17
Gone but we still can hear him sing. He was a good one.

08-Sep-17

Salagi's Link
He was a country singer Kyle. Here is one of my favorites he did (which Glunt quoted from).

08-Sep-17
I'm disinterested and sadly clueless with the popular culture, so I have no clue as to who he is, either.

08-Sep-17
On what planet is Don Williams considered "" Popular Culture"" ?

08-Sep-17
My favorite country singer and the smoothest voice in the world. God bless all his family and friends and Don is and will be sorely missed by millions. God bless , Steve

08-Sep-17

08-Sep-17
One of my all time favorite country singers. RIP Don!

08-Sep-17
I like his music. RIP Don.

08-Sep-17
The hat he always wore was from his "movie career" when he was in the movie "WW and the Dixie Kings".

(edited to get the correct movie name, duh.)

09-Sep-17

09-Sep-17
I got to see Don several times. He used to come to Baltimore Civic Center often. Stetson offered him a brand new hat to wear on stage but he wouldn't do it. He had that old raggedy hat for years that he always wore during his performances. He was one of the smoothest voices ever.

09-Sep-17
One of my all time favorites. Grew up with him on the radio and record player.

09-Sep-17
Not much of a concert goer, here, but I did go to five country music concerts, and two of them were Don Williams. Favorite country singer of both the wife and I since Jim Reeves.

His concerts weren't where you wanted to be if you were into "high energy" performances, but couldn't be beat for relaxing songs by man with a beautiful voice and a simple presentation without pretense or silliness. I used to kid the wife that I was pretty sure He had nodded off a couple times while singing one of the slower numbers, but he always sounded great.

The two concerts of his we attended were very close to forty years apart, both in the greater Indy area. The style was the same, and so was the honest, friendly presentation and delivery, and that great deep voice was still almost as good as ever when we saw the last one just a couple years ago at the Palladium in Carmel.

Definitely one of the best ever in our opinions.

09-Sep-17
Russ - I saw him when in college 30 plus years ago. He was low key. At one point, he sent his band offstage and played and sang with the audience. He had us singing Amanda and just sat back and listened as he played. There was no doubt he enjoyed listening to the audience.

This was a Christian college and the student council gave him a Bible before he went onstage. He brought it out with him and proudly showed it off to the audience.

• Sitka Gear