Russ Koon 09-Sep-17
Anony Mouse 09-Sep-17
kyrob 09-Sep-17
Coyote 65 09-Sep-17
Joey Ward 09-Sep-17
Joey Ward 09-Sep-17
HA/KS 11-Sep-17
08-Sep-17
I would like to purchase a retractable cover for my wife's Subaru. It does not need to be heavy, just enough to keep the frost and maybe snow off the windows at night. Does anyone here have any experience with something like this?

I want it to be easy to put on and take off when she is dressed for work.

08-Sep-17
Tractor Supply has stuff like that. I am going to buy a garage in a box for my Gator and Tractor. Not real expensive and they probably have what you are looking for. Google Tractor supply and look at what they have. They will ship also.

08-Sep-17

itshot's embedded Photo
itshot's embedded Photo
similar to this?

can you just hug it real tight and say 'i luv u'? will luv work?

08-Sep-17
Shuteye, she has to park it on the street, so it has to be something that is attached to the car.

09-Sep-17
A Good tarp with bungees for bumpers and sides .

09-Sep-17
She's a farm girl and can do almost anything. For example, she made about half of the furniture in our house.

Our frost can be very hard to scrape and I was looking for something that she could do quickly as she goes to work in the mornings.

09-Sep-17
How about having a plug in engine heater installed, so she's got instant defrost and heater on those cold, snowy mornings? They are not that expensive, and it's just a splice in a radiator hose to install.

09-Sep-17
Or a remote starter if she's able to park it in a reasonably secure area where she'd have access to a window within a couple hundred feet? That and maybe a windshield cover would be little bother to activate and remove prior to takeoff, and the Subie would be nice and toasty inside when she hops in.

09-Sep-17
Check your laws. In MI, it is against the law to let your car run unattended...even in your own driveway! Several news stories last winter where owners were ticketed for warming their cars in their drives. Guess better to do it in the garage and carbon monoxide the family.

I was given a windshield cover that attached with magnets and had pouches for the mirrors. It was spring loaded so it easily collapsed into a small case. Don't know if it worked as it didn't fit my vehicle and I never used it.

09-Sep-17
I saw some windshield covers that had magnets on the corners to cover front and back windows. Appeared to work great and would be very easy to make for a handy person. Easy on, easy off as well.

09-Sep-17
Is there enough metal in a car anymore for a magnet to work?

Terry

09-Sep-17
Rain-X. Apply it to all exterior glass. Will make the frost and snow easier to remove. And make for better and safer driving visibility in inclimate weather.

You will need some elbow grease too. :-)

09-Sep-17
Rain-X. Apply it to all exterior glass. Will make the frost and snow easier to remove. And make for better and safer driving visibility in inclimate weather.

You will need some elbow grease too. :-)

11-Sep-17
I should mention that her commute is half a mile. I told her to just walk.

• Sitka Gear