Contributors to this thread:
Woods Walker 10-Sep-17
slade 10-Sep-17
bad karma 10-Sep-17
bad karma 10-Sep-17
Shuteye 10-Sep-17
10-Sep-17

Woods Walker's Link
This is a variety of sweet corn we've had here in Illinois for the past few years and a as a sweet corn lover I must say this is about the best variety I've ever had. It's right at its' prime here now so we eat it several times a week. If it were up to me I'd eat nothing BUT it and home grown tomatoes until they're done for the year. Anyone else ever eat this?

10-Sep-17
Growing up in rural northen CA, fresh sweet corn was one of my favorites, you can find it here in the NW, just not 12 ears for a dollar.

How much to ship a bushel to WA state fed ex?

10-Sep-17
Out here it's Olathe sweet corn, and it's a delight. Ever done cooler corn? Lazy man's way to cook a bunch of corn. Put corn in ice chest, pour boiling water over it, close ice chest, drink beer for half an hour. Corn is ready. Finish with a chile lime butter.

To make chile lime butter, use one stick at room temp, mix with 2 teaspoons of your favorite chile powder and the zest of one lime. Let stand for a half hour before using, so make in advance.

10-Sep-17
Beautiful part of the world, Rhody. Hard to beat. Love Montrose, and tried to find work there a few years ago.

10-Sep-17
All I plant is Silver Queen and it is great. Nice long ears and I still have a few ears in the refrigerator. I just tilled under the stalks. I normally have two planting and the last come on in late October. Only did one planting this year. Next year I will plant Silver Queen but also another variety. I want something shorter since Silver Queen will hit eight feet high in my garden and a hard thunderstorm will knock down some of the stalks.

• Sitka Gear