Arrownocker82 01-Oct-17
Franzen 01-Oct-17
sportoutfitter 01-Oct-17
Joey Ward 01-Oct-17
sportoutfitter 01-Oct-17
Scar Finga 02-Oct-17
Remmag 03-Oct-17
25-Sep-17
I hope a LOT of us do this.............I also sent a similar one to Anheuser Busch.

I have friends and family buried at Arlington National Cemetery who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and way of life. I think of them whenever I hear and sing our national anthem. Now the NFL and the people who work for them deem it fit to disgrace these American heros and I WILL NOT tolerate it. McDonald's is a NFL sponsor so I take it that your continued monetary support of the NFL means that you agree with them. If that's the case then I will no longer support McDonalds, and I visit your stores at least a 1/2 dozen times a week. Please let America know which side you are on. And it CANNOT be both. Thank you.............

26-Sep-17
going after the sponsors, or even better, the players endorsement deals is the right way to hit them. Getting sponsors to put pressure on the NFL will work, nothing else will

26-Sep-17
$$$$ talks, just like it always has.

26-Sep-17
I'm more concerned about someone whe eats at Mickey D's six times a week. That sh*t will kill ya.

Matt

26-Sep-17
Email address of where to send it please. With your permission, can I copy and paste this. I'll have to change a few things since I haven't eaten there in about 7 years but, the message will essentially be the same.

26-Sep-17
The NFL has had to rebate money to the networks because the viewing numbers are down. Money does talk. .

26-Sep-17
Sending a letter can't hurt.

However, I believe the advertising contracts companies have with the networks include clauses that call for them to get a refund or credit if viewership/ratings fall below a stated amount.

That puts the real pressure on the networks to stop this crap.

26-Sep-17
More people watching streamed games on computers and phones have also contributed to the drop in TV viewers. I know I've watched at least 3 games on my phone while at hunting camp this year.

Despite the small drop, the NFL remains a cash cow for the networks, so I don't anticipate much change in programming.

Matt

26-Sep-17
What burns me is that my cable hookup has ESPN on it and apparently I have to pay about $8.00 a month for something I never watch but you can't pick and choose. That's about $100 a year to the kneelers.

26-Sep-17
Dude, you eat at McDonalds 6 times a week?

26-Sep-17
With two kids in college, I'm lucky to eat 6 times a week.

Thank goodness for the $1 menu.

:-)

26-Sep-17
Funny how so-called conservatives here want to decide how someone else should eat!

So much for believing in free choice!

26-Sep-17
Keepemsharp... take a close look at streaming. You can almost get what you actually watch on cable, but at a la carte pricing. Many of the cable stations are available as separate subscriptions via streaming.

26-Sep-17
Not to eat, mainly for coffee or an occasional large sugary drink to keep the liberals pissed off. It's better than smelling some guy's jockstrap though!

WV: I just went to McD's website and clicked on "CONTACT US". They have a form email that you use. I did the same with Anheuser Busch also.

$$$ will be the ONLY way to get the attention of the NFL or the people that sponsor them.

27-Sep-17
It. Was. A. Joke.

-Good grief.

27-Sep-17
WW is drinking large sugary drink to 'piss offf liberals'. Hahaha. Hey could you step in front a bus, that would make a bunch of us soooo mad! Hahahah. I'd call you a dolt but then a bunch of dolts would take a knee in protest. Ha!

27-Sep-17
It is just so stupid what they are doing. The Anthem and the Flag are apolitical. It doesn't matter if you area republican, democrat, independent, green party etc you should respect the National Anthem and the Flag. I hate that these players have made it political and what makes it worse is that it is based on lies. I'm not a football fan at all but it still makes me sad.

27-Sep-17
I get the purported logic on both sides but, where the issue loses me is that the flag, what it represents and the sacrifices of everyone living under the flag - particularly the military, is more enduring than our respective grievances. Kneeling for the transitory instead of standing more the immutable is logically inverted and, thus, an expression of ignorance. Also, from the life perspective of a middle aged man, Americans are a spoiled lot and griping from center stage just amplifies that beyond bearing.

27-Sep-17
I can tell you one thing.....because of the work I do for some different veterans causes I am friends on facebook with a lot of people who were every kind of military bad ass there is. PJ's, combat controllers, SEAL's, EOD, Army Rangers and Special Forces, fighter pilots, Navy surface warfare and Marine infantry officers....the list is endless. One thing I can tell you for sure.....you better not disrespect the flag in front of any of them. You will find yourself on the way to the hospital. I have never seen anything like it and I'm proud to be of the same thinking with them on this.

27-Sep-17
Once again atheist. Could you put something on here that isn't a lie, or bull$hit??? What a moron.

27-Sep-17
WW,

Did McDonalds ever reply?

Matt

27-Sep-17
DirectTV announced today they would give anyone who wanted their money back on the NFL ticket where you receive all the games. This could impact the NFL in a meaningful way. Good job AT&T.

27-Sep-17
GG: Not yet, but Anheuser Busch did. They're still stradling the fence waiting to see which way the current's going. I'll post it later.

27-Sep-17
A-B has a lot of marbles invested in the ' Murica!! crowd.

27-Sep-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

27-Sep-17
Here's the response I got from Anheuser Busch. My take is that it doesn't hurt ($$$) enough yet as they want it both ways. Not happening. Time to pick a side.

"Thank you for your email, we always appreciate feedback from our consumers and take your concerns seriously.

At Anheuser-Busch we have a long heritage of supporting the institutions and values that have made America so strong. That includes our armed forces and the national anthem as well as diversity, equality and freedom of speech. We proudly employ over 1,100 military veterans and we work every day to create an inclusive environment for all of our employees.

Anheuser-Busch has many long-term sports partnerships, including our NFL sponsorship, and while we may not agree on everything, we still believe in the power of sport to bring people together and overcome their differences.

We understand your concerns and will convey them to the NFL.

Thank you,

Anheuser-Busch

27-Sep-17
And how’s your Bush isn’t even an American company anymore. They only like America for its money. f’m

27-Sep-17
f'm indeed!

28-Sep-17
Of course. But if they had any brains, they would keep the politics out of it and just do what they do best.....make and sell beer. They will NEVER please everyone. And right now, they are NOT in reality "on the fence". They may think they are, but they've made their choice. Now we must make ours.

28-Sep-17
Thats why when you run a business that needs to appeal to everyone, you stay out of political fights. That includes what your employees do while on the clock. A-B is trying, but if the NFL isn't and if the issue grows A-B is already part of the picture and they will have to decide to take a side (bad move), bow out completely (which can be perceived as taking a side) or go on sponsoring and deflecting which can also be perceived as taking a side.

28-Sep-17
A-B makes beer? Wow, learn sumthin new everyday. :) I'm already boycotting A-B. Mainstream beer, Yuengling Lager or Black and Tan. Preferred beer of choice right now, Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA.

28-Sep-17
Thursday night game should be telling. Aaron Rodgers wants all the fans at Lambeau to lock arms,don't know about taking a knee though,be kinda hard to do in the stands.

28-Sep-17
Living near St. Louis I drink AB almost exclusively and KPC suggest that will never change.......but I do like me some Yuengling (can't get it where I live) and if I have to drink Mexican beer dos equis works great.

28-Sep-17

Lark Bunting's embedded Photo
Lark Bunting's embedded Photo
Tsk...tsk...

How many of these did we see at the trail heads this fall?

28-Sep-17
I'm finding the new ford trucks ugly and I'm going to sell my F250 pretty soon. Maybe I'll get a GM HD again this time.

28-Sep-17

orionsbrother's Link
Spike - I think you have Tom incorrectly labeled.

28-Sep-17
Lark isn't Sybil. He is a real guy with a freezer full of elk.

28-Sep-17
My email to McDonald’s said that one if their employees is on here daily pretending to be 40 different people.

29-Sep-17
I called USAA yesterday and left a voicemail expressing my displeasure and concerns.

To my surprise, they called me back this afternoon.

They said they've been meeting with the NFL daily over the past few days, telling them that the disrespect the kneeling players are showing for our country is totally unacceptable.

29-Sep-17
The hand over heart thing is a relatively recent change. Until the seventies, I think it was, you simply stood at attention and remained silent.

29-Sep-17
I can appreciate the sentiment but it's a bit ridiculous. That car you drive. That phone you use. That store you buy your food from.

They all support causes that you probably don't agree with. So what are you going to do? Live in some hut in the wilderness with loin cloths?

Life is complicated and boycotting can back you into corners you can't get out of. Do as you please but you probably should turn off your internet provider because I can guarantee you they support groups you don't like.

29-Sep-17
I heard back from McDonald's today..............

Hello Lou:

Thank you for contacting McDonald's.

We appreciate being made aware of the issue in your email. Your comments are important and will be shared with the appropriate people at McDonald's.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Miranda...................................................................................

McDonald's Customer Contact Center

29-Sep-17
You're probably right Sage, but I'm an old fashioned stubborn type, with a long memory.

To this day I WILL NOT buy any Quaker Oats products. After being a father, husband, and an American, I'm a HUNTER next. Those of you old enough to remember an outlandish piece of anti-hunting propaganda TV feces called the "Guns Of Autumn", hosted by one of the biggest lying dirtbags of his profession...Dan Rather...I swore I'd never give them another penny because they were the sponsors. And I haven't. Has it done any good? Who knows. I DO know that it makes me feel better.

30-Sep-17
Why would someone drink Bud, Miller, or Coors when there are so many great craft beers available?

30-Sep-17
My reaction after tasting a craft beer.......Ehh...gimme a Lonestar! Most all of them are overbrewed and ALL of them are overpriced!

30-Sep-17
"Life is too short to drink tasteless beer." ;^)

30-Sep-17
I think Lonestar tastes just fine! And NO fruit of ANY sort to contaminate a perfectly good beer!

Hell, if you want to drink unpalatable racid fruit, just drink wine. The French invented wine because their water is bad and wine is better than dying of thrist....almost.

30-Sep-17
"Fruity beers?"

I know of just one and I haven't tasted one of those in over ten years.

30-Sep-17
Many of the "custom" beers around here have lemon, lime, orange and Lord knows what else in them. The one's that don't have fruit in them are so heavy and dense it's like drinking oatmeal, and BITTER........YUCK!

30-Sep-17
Alaskan Amber

Alaskan Big Mountain

Guiness Blonde,

Big Sky Moose Drool,

Newcastle Brown Ale,

Gordon Biersch Marzen

Try 'em and you'll never go back to drinking Bud/Miller/Coors horse piss.

30-Sep-17
They don’t sell those at the gas station. :-)

30-Sep-17
You buy beer at the gas station?

Lol

30-Sep-17
Well....yeah! It’s Alabama. :-)

30-Sep-17
"Well....yeah! It’s Alabama. :-) " LOL!!!

01-Oct-17
Well this thread went south in a hurry <======<<<<<<< see what I did there? My work here is done. Best regards to all non Liberal, anti criminals that are true American folks and contribute to society and support our hero's of the military and law enforcement. By complying to the laws of our land and not being a$$h073's to everyone else.

01-Oct-17
I'd guess 95% of the packaged beer I've bought in my life was from a gas station. I don't drink a whole heck of a lot these days, but my standard is Coors; Banquet, not that light stuff. Having said that, I've sampled a few varieties.

I like Salmon Fly from Madison River, but it's only available in MT, ID, WY, & ND. We actually ventured in to a Friar Tuck's liquor about two weeks ago and I bought a variety pack from Big Sky of Missoula. Moose Drool is decent stuff for sure. I enjoy sampling the local stuff when I go on a hunt away from home.

01-Oct-17
What is a craft beer Joey?

01-Oct-17
Not sure, sport. I’ve never been to Hobby Lobby.

01-Oct-17
We still do here Jeff. What's worse is in the 80's in my small home town, you could get tap beer by the cup or a gallon jug and several cups in the drive thru. Wonder somebody wasn't killed every weekend by a drunk.

02-Oct-17
Moose Drool tastes just like it sounds! Moose Head tastes just like it sounds! I like some of the Pale Ails, Tecate and Dos Equis are good and a few others... But mostly Coor's light or Mich Ultra for me.

03-Oct-17
You Yuengling guys should try their Premium. Stella Artois is good stuff, also.

• Sitka Gear